"Listen to me carefully…there is no-one else." Not my words but those of Ken. (1 Viewer)

It is a message that is hard to swallow. But I don't understand why so many people are incapable of hearing it.
This isn't Hollywood. If the owners walk away and the club go bankrupt, we don't start again 4 divisions down and get to the Premiership through pure graft. What happens is the Ricoh gets boarded up and you cildren choose either Villa or ManU for guaranteed top level football.

:blue:* (Unless there are no other buyers)

No-one wants to do business with SISU thats why? They are a cowboy outfit employing cowboys like Red Ken.

If they left there would be plenty of takers.

Pompey were in a far worse state then us and look at them now.

well the kids are already choosing to support other teams. RICOH wont get boarded up. Take Wimbolden for instance they kept their hardcore support and they are back in the league!

wingy

It is a message that is hard to swallow. But I don't understand why so many people are incapable of hearing it.
This isn't Hollywood. If the owners walk away and the club go bankrupt, we don't start again 4 divisions down and get to the Premiership through pure graft. What happens is the Ricoh gets boarded up and you cildren choose either Villa or ManU for guaranteed top level football.

Big stick to crack a small nut, divide an conquer ,intimidate through fear ,i don't fear them ,more hardball tactics ,manouvers

coundonskyblue

Clubs like Coventry City never just disappear. Sisu scaremongering.

He's just trying to get us to be grateful for the sh*t way their running the club.

Sterling Archer

I look at Luton and Bradford and see far more similarities with those clubs than Southampton and Leeds. As sad as it seems.

kg82

Why? Southampton and Leeds are both in our league (although I've never compared us to Leeds). And why do we even have to compare ourselves to teams?

Leeds fans dragged them back up through pure cashflow through attendances. Do you think CCFC have those fans who will come to watch League 2?Is he 'avin a laff? Is he 'avin a laff?

Bennets Afro

He's playing hardball. Just trying to make a point that the club has raised its assets and that a bid of £1 is not good enough.
Can't see how we have raised our assets as the players that have signed new contracts are not our star players

Godiva

Well both Luton and Bradford are still in existance. Theres a myth going roung that we will be the first club to be liquidated if sisu leave.

If sisu decide to leave THEY are the ones to choose if the club is to be liquidated. If there is no other credible buyer and no bid better than selling off the assets, then sisu may well decide to simply end the club. Once the liquidation process starts there's no turning back.

Godiva

Can't see how we have raised our assets as the players that have signed new contracts are not our star players

New longer contracts - even if the players stay on the same ppw will increase their book value ... the asset value will increase.

Astute

Why? Southampton and Leeds are both in our league (although I've never compared us to Leeds). And why do we even have to compare ourselves to teams?

A year ago Southampton were closer to the bottom of league 1 than the top. They made a massive profit on selling a player. Most of the money went back into the team. They are still on a good run from then.

Leeds went from playing in Europe to league 1 in a few years. They are now on the way back up. They have a much higher income.

Both a different case to ours.

Then we have many more teams. Already mentioned are Luton and Bradford. More teams are in the sh1te than these. Both Sheffield teams are on downers. Lack of cash has come into it. A team don't have to hit the wall for the finances to go against them. You can't think that admin is an answer. It is said Portsmouth are OK now. In what way are they OK? They had parachute payments to go towards their debts. They lost their best players. Their manager left as soon as he could. He even went to another team not in a good financial position.

So then onto Wimbledon. They had a ready fanbase. Dispensation was made as they lost their club. All this was agreed by the football league. They had to start well below the league though. How many are willing to do this with our club?

Yes, there are many different senarios. Staying where we are is our best bet. SISU gone before the next transfer window would be a massive bonus.

kg82

A year ago Southampton were closer to the bottom of league 1 than the top. They made a massive profit on selling a player. Most of the money went back into the team. They are still on a good run from then.

Leeds went from playing in Europe to league 1 in a few years. They are now on the way back up. They have a much higher income.

Both a different case to ours.

Then we have many more teams. Already mentioned are Luton and Bradford. More teams are in the sh1te than these. Both Sheffield teams are on downers. Lack of cash has come into it. A team don't have to hit the wall for the finances to go against them. You can't think that admin is an answer. It is said Portsmouth are OK now. In what way are they OK? They had parachute payments to go towards their debts. They lost their best players. Their manager left as soon as he could. He even went to another team not in a good financial position.

So then onto Wimbledon. They had a ready fanbase. Dispensation was made as they lost their club. All this was agreed by the football league. They had to start well below the league though. How many are willing to do this with our club?

Yes, there are many different senarios. Staying where we are is our best bet. SISU gone before the next transfer window would be a massive bonus.

I was just pointing out there's no point in comparing us to other teams!

coundonskyblue

If sisu decide to leave THEY are the ones to choose if the club is to be liquidated. If there is no other credible buyer and no bid better than selling off the assets, then sisu may well decide to simply end the club. Once the liquidation process starts there's no turning back.

They can only decide to liquidate the club if all debts are settled, otherwise the club will go into admin and a ner buyer will be sought.

Even Sisu are not stupid enough to settle all the debts then liquidate the club, there would be no point.

Astute

I was just pointing out there's no point in comparing us to other teams!

I agree, and the points I made show why. Lack of cash is usual for most football teams these days, even for Prem teams. Every teams circumstances are different though. Most have the main point of lack of cash, but the reasons why are mainly different. Spent too much in the past, not spent enough, money spent on crap players, i.e. Fester, too much gone to agents or even overpaid players. Some teams have most of these. In the past we could have most said about us.

Godiva

They can only decide to liquidate the club if all debts are settled, otherwise the club will go into admin and a ner buyer will be sought.

Even Sisu are not stupid enough to settle all the debts then liquidate the club, there would be no point.

Oh but the largest creditor is ... sisu. They more or less dictates the terms.

Nonleagueherewecome

The F.A. and the government would never simply let SISU liquidate the club.

torchomatic

Plenty of takers like Gary "I Will Not Walk Away" Hoffman who a week after saying that, for whatever reason...er....walked away.

If we did go into administration and were (most likely) relegated then the crowds would be smaller, the team would be poorer and we'd be stuck lower down the league for goodness knows how many years. The fans can't be arsed to turn up now.

No-one wants to do business with SISU thats why? They are a cowboy outfit employing cowboys like Red Ken.

If they left there would be plenty of takers.

Pompey were in a far worse state then us and look at them now.

wingy

Sounds like they're the only secured creditor ,with that in mind ,they would still control the club if they put us into admin, would that make us more valuable in a potential sale ,more than they're being offered now?OSB /GODIVA:thinking about:

Godiva

Sounds like they're the only secured creditor ,with that in mind ,they would still control the club if they put us into admin, would that make us more valuable in a potential sale ,more than they're being offered now?OSB /GODIVA:thinking about:

Sisu's options:
If the club can sustain itself on the lower cost structure and player trading, they need do nothing. They can simply sit and wait for either a suitable bid or start collecting interest on the loans.
This is what they are working on - getting the club to live within its means. This would also give them better cards on their hands when trying to get new investors to the funds to buy the stadium.
When the club owns the stadium and is generating a profit - however small - will be the perfect time for them to leave through a buy out.

On the other hand - if the club continues to depend on money to cover operational losses, then sisu will have to decide if the money that is needed will help protect their investment and the chance they will ever recoup any or some of the money. In that calculation they will figure in what money they can expect to get from a possible take over and how much they will get from selling the assets, paying the external creditors and close the shop (liquidation). Most of the figures that will go into the equations will be based on subjective oppinions and they will never get it 100% right. One very difficult calculation is how much they can get for the players and wheter they think they will get more if they handle the sales themself or leave it to administrators. If they are confident they will be able to get a lot more selling the players themself, then theres a chance/risk that will tip the equation in favor of liquidation.

In any case, if they decide enough is enough then they will stop funding. The club will run out of money and call in the administrators. The administrators will try to find a way for the club to continue through a settlement with the investors, but as sisu are by far the largest creditor it will be more or less them who either accept a bid from potential new owners where the loans are written off by a large percentage or reject a deal if they think selling off the assets will generate more.
Should a new bid come from Hoffman/Elliott the negotiation will quite hateful and I suspect sisu will only accept a very generous offer that is far beyond what selling off the assets would bring.

Should the club for any reason end up in administration I think the risk of liquidation is much larger than the chance of a settlement with new owners - especially if the only bidder should turn out to be from someone from the old board.

And it is good to remember one thing: sisu themself will only be losing their administration fees from the investment funds!

les_miserables

Hoffman & co haven't walked away, just stood back biding their time, would like to takeover now while we are in a decent position but will wait. As for SISU buying this 50% share of the Ricoh Arena, no chance. The council have right of veto on who buys this 58% share and I have more chance than SISU.

cloughie

Sisu have no chance of buying 50% they are just bullshitting again, Dilldo claims to have ongoing dialogue with AHT and then said when they have the funds they will approach AHT and council. Surely if you have ngoing dialogue that means you have already approached them,

More Dlldo bollocks!!!!

Grendel

Name one other club with a fanbase of more than 10,000 than has been liquidated because of it's debts.

cloughie

So if you personally were owed money by someone, would you bankrupt them so getting NOTHING BACK or hope that someone helps them to pay you a small % of what they owe you (ie buyout at low cost) thus better to get something back than nothing?

LarryGrayson

Name one other club with a fanbase of more than 10,000 than has been liquidated because of it's debts.

napoli fiorentina third lanark

Tonylinc

What the orange man did not go on to say,"so we can carry on treating you like sh@t and you can't do anything about it".

As lM has already said the Council have a right of veto and therefore there is no chance whatsoever of Sisu ever getting their mucky little hands on any part of the stadium and a scenerio involving their ownership of it is a non-starter.

Users who are viewing this thread