Linesman is banned for this weekends games (1 Viewer)

charlievictor

He's not been banned for making the comments, another linesman has been brought in as the governing body feel the media spotlight is too focused on him as an individual and not the game, going against a major officials policy. They made a clear point of him not being banned because of his comments. I think it's a wise decision, the football should be the main focus not every single decision the new celebrity linesman makes..

Don't get me wrong though his comments we're brilliant and he was right to say them!

stupot07

He's not been banned for making the comments, another linesman has been brought in as the governing body feel the media spotlight is too focused on him as an individual and not the game, going against a major officials policy. They made a clear point of him not being banned because of his comments. I think it's a wise decision, the football should be the main focus not every single decision the new celebrity linesman makes..

Don't get me wrong though his comments we're brilliant and he was right to say them!

Too right feck the players the Mitre 5 is far more interesting, especially if its a yellow one!

Lambo58

oh ok, saying he is banned does make it sound a lot worse, but I still don't think he should be prevented from doing one of the games this weekend, as he said something true and harmless which didn't actually actual have anything to do with the football.

wingy

oh ok, saying he is banned does make it sound a lot worse, but I still don't think he should be prevented from doing one of the games this weekend, as he said something true and harmless which didn't actually actual have anything to do with the football.
I agree all he did was remind the players who are on vast wages to acknowledge the supporters who payed over a hundred quid for an afternoon out supporting their team .Why was the volume of his words so loud?? Seems more like self protection from the FA defending the riediculous amount of money they ,the Players and all the hangers on rake in from the football Gravy Train.:mad:

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to him! He should be made an example of in a good way! Refs and linos get bad press for their mistakes so should get a good word for using common sense!

scroobiustom

My only confusion is why did he have to say anything to begin with?

£62 is a crazy ticket price, but people don't have to pay it, but for those who did haven't they got what they paid for?

If I go to the cinema I don't expect the director and cast or spotty teenagers with attitude problems, to come out and applaud me, yet I've paid an extortionate amount for my entertainment!

Maybe they should have just stood him down for a week, and made no comment on it as the FA or which ever body it was have been made to look like mugs.

----Just playing Devil's Advocate here...

Changeyourface

£62 is a crazy ticket price, but people don't have to pay it, but for those who did haven't they got what they paid for?

If I go to the cinema I don't expect the director and cast or spotty teenagers with attitude problems, to come out and applaud me, yet I've paid an extortionate amount for my entertainment!

Maybe they should have just stood him down for a week, and made no comment on it as the FA or which ever body it was have been made to look like mugs.

Maybe they should just start charging football fans a fair amount to support their team, then there would be no issue.

scroobiustom

Maybe the market dictates what people are willing to pay in any given circumstance?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
FA have blocked the video now. Can't bloody well watch it! :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Supporting a team in a competitive competition and relaxing watching a film are hardly comparable

The players go over and clap the fans to show appreciation of there support, nothing to do with ticket prices. The lino was simply pointing out that the fans at the match had made a big commitment to the team to attend the match

cloughie

FA have blocked the video now. Can't bloody well watch it! :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

Are we now living in a dictator state like china ..... Oh it's just the unbiased FA

self seeking individuals who run it ............like china ?

Users who are viewing this thread