Hussey
Jennings
Kilbane
Barton
Baker
Elliott
McDonald

Black6Osprey

I stated 4-3-3 wouldn't suit us, and 4-3-1-2 is basically the diamond, as, assuming we play with* Jennings would naturally drop back so Thomas/Kilbane and Barton can advance with the ball, therefore, if you looked at the shape during the match, you will find that it looks like the diamond, with that in mind, 4-3-1-2 is basically the diamond, also, playing 4-3-1-2 would NOT provide more width as in the diamond, the 2 CMs would obviously leave space between them for the DM. :claping hands:

* Barton Jennings Kilbane/Thomas
-------------Fleck----------

4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 are not similar, 4-3-3 plays with wingers whereas 4-3-1-2 does not. :facepalm:

Before I start, saying Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale are pub teams is ignorant and shows you are detatched from reality as they are a division below us, with that in mind... Are we a semi-pro team? :confused:

On that point we beat Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale with the diamond whereas we lost to; Ross County, ICT, Nuneaton & Wrexham when playing 4-2-3-1, therefore, judging on results, the diamond suits us. :whistle:

Oh haven't you given up yet?

You don't have to play wingers in a 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-2. In a 4-3-3 the full backs tend to take up the role of wingers, Gary Neville was banging on about it tonight on Sky and and discussing the role full backs replacing wingers in these types of formations. I'm sure he knows less than you about all things football but go easy on him as he's not been at it very long. Anyway enough of this cack, the main thing is whatever the formation, we play well and win some games and the sooner the better.

Mucca Mad Boys

Oh haven't you given up yet?

You don't have to play wingers in a 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-2. In a 4-3-3 the full backs tend to take up the role of wingers, Gary Neville was banging on about it tonight on Sky and and discussing the role full backs replacing wingers in these types of formations. I'm sure he knows less than you about all things football but go easy on him as he's not been at it very long. Anyway enough of this cack, the main thing is whatever the formation, we play well and win some games and the sooner the better.

Oh, 4-3-3 has wingers, Barca, Spain (and anyone who plays 4-3-3), so does a flat 4 midfield! You can't have 4 CMs! The diamond is the 4-4-2 without wingers you're on about...

A 4-3-3, without wingers would leave us with the same problems (some posters complain about - you know who you are) as the diamond - no width
Your point on Gary Nevile, THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE WE SHOULD PLAY THE DIAMOND!!! And why we shouldn't play 4-4-2 as I said in an earlier post, that system restricts attacking and full backs can't push up.

P.s. you just went against yourself and used a school of thought that would be used to further argument - thanks!

Sorry, but, it appears as if you don't know what you are talking about...

fernandopartridge

I stated 4-3-3 wouldn't suit us, and 4-3-1-2 is basically the diamond, as, assuming we play with* Jennings would naturally drop back so Thomas/Kilbane and Barton can advance with the ball, therefore, if you looked at the shape during the match, you will find that it looks like the diamond, with that in mind, 4-3-1-2 is basically the diamond, also, playing 4-3-1-2 would NOT provide more width as in the diamond, the 2 CMs would obviously leave space between them for the DM. :claping hands:

* Barton Jennings Kilbane/Thomas
-------------Fleck----------

4-3-1-2 and 4-3-3 are not similar, 4-3-3 plays with wingers whereas 4-3-1-2 does not. :facepalm:

Before I start, saying Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale are pub teams is ignorant and shows you are detatched from reality as they are a division below us, with that in mind... Are we a semi-pro team? :confused:

On that point we beat Accrington, Bristol Rovers, Port Vale with the diamond whereas we lost to; Ross County, ICT, Nuneaton & Wrexham when playing 4-2-3-1, therefore, judging on results, the diamond suits us. :whistle:

We got relegated playing the diamond whereat stayed up where we mostly used a standard 4-4-2, and?

Black6Osprey

Oh, 4-3-3 has wingers, Barca, Spain (and anyone who plays 4-3-3), so does a flat 4 midfield! You can't have 4 CMs! The diamond is the 4-4-2 without wingers you're on about...

A 4-3-3, without wingers would leave us with the same problems (some posters complain about - you know who you are) as the diamond - no width
Your point on Gary Nevile, THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE WE SHOULD PLAY THE DIAMOND!!! And why we shouldn't play 4-4-2 as I said in an earlier post, that system restricts attacking and full backs can't push up.

P.s. you just went against yourself and used a school of thought that would be used to further argument - thanks!

Sorry, but, it appears as if you don't know what you are talking about...

Its like groundhog day.

Who are Barcas wingers Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas, Messi? They dont have wingers. You couldn't have picked a worse example.

Please stop replying as then I'll have to reply and we could be here for weeks.

Lets just agree that neither of us knows jack about footy and just hope we win tomorrow.

Grendel

Is this the kind of thread Sky Blue John craves for where no one mentions thorn. Is this the adult thread.

Misplaced childhood? Give it back to me!

Mucca Mad Boys

Its like groundhog day.

Who are Barcas wingers Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas, Messi? They dont have wingers. You couldn't have picked a worse example.

Please stop replying as then I'll have to reply and we could be here for weeks.

Lets just agree that neither of us knows jack about footy and just hope we win tomorrow.

To set the record straight, Busquets, Messi and Xavi do not play out wide, Messi in the middle of the front 3, Xavi pulling the string in CM, and Busquets sitting and Iniesta plays out on the right (for Spain) left (for Barca), but what do they win? (Sarcasm)

Barca's front 3 of:

Sanchez---Messi---Iniesta or Iniesta---Messi---Villa

They clearly use wide players in their system and it works effectively as they (like Spain also) all free form so this is why we see Messi come from the RW, or Iniesta from the Left and that's why we see Villa down the middle when they play.

I suppose they are not out-and-out wingers like Lennon, but that doesn't take away the fact they play with wide players.

Black6Osprey

So let me get this straight. You think Cov cant play 4-3-3 because we dont have wingers but Barca can because they have "wide players". So if you have the ability to stand "out wide" and receive a pass and then play a pass to another team mate your fine, but Cov can't play 4-3-3 because you dont believe we can do this passing idea. We in your opinion should only go 4-3-3 if everytime the "wide player" or in our case he must now be refered to as a "winger" gets the ball he tries the Leigh Jenkinson shuffle and crosses it into the stand behind the goal. I'm glad we cleared that up.

Mucca Mad Boys

So let me get this straight. You think Cov cant play 4-3-3 because we dont have wingers but Barca can because they have "wide players". So if you have the ability to stand "out wide" and receive a pass and then play a pass to another team mate your fine, but Cov can't play 4-3-3 because you dont believe we can do this passing idea. We in your opinion should only go 4-3-3 if everytime the "wide player" or in our case he must now be refered to as a "winger" gets the ball he tries the Leigh Jenkinson shuffle and crosses it into the stand behind the goal. I'm glad we cleared that up.

I'm sorry but don't compare Cov to Barca! :whistle:

Whenever we have played 4-3-3 we have been crap, hence why we do not play it! :facepalm:

But of course if you were manager, we'd be winning the the quadruple year in, year our :claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread