Lincoln, Mansfield or Us? (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Why am I still worried that we are going to muck up in the last 3 games?

Whilst a bigger gap on Mansfield, I think they have 3 winnable games and will win them. Lincoln have tougher games but if they beat us, opens up a gap to give them the breathing space we need.

Anyone else worried?

Terry_dactyl

Why am I still worried that we are going to muck up in the last 3 games?

Whilst a bigger gap on Mansfield, I think they have 3 winnable games and will win them. Lincoln have tougher games but if they beat us, opens up a gap to give them the breathing space we need.

Anyone else worried?

Well yeah...you don’t think Notts county can be dragged in to it?
I’m not taking anything for granted. All winning did yesterday was put pressure on the others to get results today.
One would think if Mansfield lose today it should be over for them. These next few weeks are going to be pretty fraught regardless.

Londonccfcfan

Nope.

A draw against Lincoln will do us just fine and there is no reason to believe Mansfield will win all 3 games.

A Draw is fine on Tuesday if Mansfield lose today.

But we cannot just assume a Draw is fine then Bank on wins in our last two games anything can happen.

Otis

Well yeah...you don’t think Notts county can be dragged in to it?
I’m not taking anything for granted. All winning did yesterday was put pressure on the others to get results today.
One would think if Mansfield lose today it should be over for them. These next few weeks are going to be pretty fraught regardless.
I keep saying, Notts County! Too much emphasis on Mansfield and Lincoln.

Notts County P 43 Pts 73
CITY P43 Pts 71

Just 2 points behind. Last game they have Luton. Luton could still be in with a chance of the title.

tigersb

I keep saying, Notts County! Too much emphasis on Mansfield and Lincoln.

Notts County P 43 Pts 73
CITY P43 Pts 71

Just 2 points behind. Last game they have Luton. Luton could still be in with a chance of the title.
Lincoln away to Stanley next Saturday could be crucial
Hopefully Stanley are looking to wrap up title that day

Otis

Yep. Lincoln and County have some tough games.

Don't Lincoln have Colchester today? Colchester have a very slim chance of making the playoffs, so will surely make a game of it.

In fact, just checked and they would have to beat Lincoln to still be in with any chance.

Grendel

They may have won the title by then

standupforcity

Yep. Lincoln and County have some tough games.

Don't Lincoln have Colchester today? Colchester have a very slim chance of making the playoffs, so will surely make a game of it.

In fact, just checked and they would have to beat Lincoln to still be in with any chance.
Colchester have the same chance of making the play offs as we do of making the autos!

skybluetony176

I think we’ll do Lincoln. After that it’s just a case of where we’ll finish in the playoffs. People keep saying Mansfield have three easy games but the pressure is on them not to stumble their lines so not as easy as people assume. Also the teams that they have to play have nothing to play for line doesn’t always mean anything. Look at us last season. Arguably we played some of our best football when relegation was confirmed and got something from games that our league position would have suggested we shouldn’t have. Plus Mansfield are still looking over their shoulder at the likes of Swindon.

stevefloyd

Omfg not another thread!
giphy.gif

stevefloyd

Thing is with relegated or lowly placed teams the pressure is off them all the pressure is on the teams with something to lose, now some players play with more freedom or some have 1 or both eyes on their next move or a holiday

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m not particularly worried about Mansfield. Their form since Evans left has nosedived massively. Considering they we’re in a good position for 3rd, they’ve fucked it.

Legia Sky Blue

It would be 4 on the bounce!! I agree with you. No chance
The reason bookies clean up is because punters play by the presumption that what happened previously is going to happen again. Football doesn't always work like that, & while I agree its unlikely Mansfield will win their last 4 games, there is a chance they could.

SkyBlueSoul

Interestingly, seems like a few Mansfield fans think we're out of reach now.

"What an absolute gimme tonight has been for Coventry. Think realistically looking at the fixtures now it's Lincoln who we have a chance of catching, massive day tomorrow"
"So Coventry are out of the picture. We need to win tomorrow and then a Coventry win over Lincoln."

I'm not too concerned with our last 2 games being Cheltenham and Morecombe. I know we haven't been great against lower half teams but the last 2 wins have steadied the ship a little and I'm an eternal optimist. It's definitely going to be tight, but we're normally talking about it "being in our own hands" around January time, not 3 games from the end of the season with a 4 point cushion

Hobo

If Mansfield lose one we only need to win one.

Liquid Gold

I think we’ll lose to Lincoln then the doom merchants will be out and we’ll win the last two to secure playoffs and they’ll be nowhere to be seen.

Voice_of_Reason

What are the chances of Mansfield, Lincoln and Notts County all winning ? Add Sky Blues winning last night unlikely all 4 will win, possible but unusual.

Warwickhunt

Interestingly, seems like a few Mansfield fans think we're out of reach now.

"What an absolute gimme tonight has been for Coventry. Think realistically looking at the fixtures now it's Lincoln who we have a chance of catching, massive day tomorrow"
"So Coventry are out of the picture. We need to win tomorrow and then a Coventry win over Lincoln."

I'm not too concerned with our last 2 games being Cheltenham and Morecombe. I know we haven't been great against lower half teams but the last 2 wins have steadied the ship a little and I'm an eternal optimist. It's definitely going to be tight, but we're normally talking about it "being in our own hands" around January time, not 3 games from the end of the season with a 4 point cushion
Yes I agree but can you imagine if we won all our remain games and go into the play off games! Consistancy breeds success

SkyBlueSoul

Yes I agree but can you imagine if we won all our remain games and go into the play off games! Consistancy breeds success
When I say I'm not concerned with those 2 games I mean in terms of struggling to beat them. We've picked up after Yeovil/Notts C and seem to have got our confidence back, so I'm not worried like the OP. I think we can do exactly what you say and go into the play offs as the form team

NortonSkyBlue

No it doesn't. Fulham won all their end games last season and lost to Reading in the play off.
They are scared history will repeat itself this time around.
The team that goes up is the one who can handle the shit or bust scenario the best.
We are consistent. We are inconsistent to the point of a fine art.

Warwickhunt

No it doesn't. Fulham won all their end games last season and lost to Reading in the play off.
They are scared history will repeat itself this time around.
The team that goes up is the one who can handle the shit or bust scenario the best.
We are consistent. We are inconsistent to the point of a fine art.
Makes the opposition managers job a lot harder trying to work us out though!

Users who are viewing this thread