Lincoln City (1 Viewer)

Liam PUSB!

Lincoln City have offered fans the chance to rename their stadium!
Obviously SISU will never allow this at City...
But IF we could, what would re-name The Ricoh and why?

Cheers :cool:

wingy

The Sink Where any players and vast amounts of cash get sucked into the vortex and down the plughole.

CJparker

On a erious note, I have always thought that "the Ricoh" should have a proper name, obviously Ricoh is just a sponsor so we don't want to be one of those clbus whose gorund has no identity of its own, ie.e more like Pride Park and St Mary's than "the King Power Stadium" etc...
I like:
The Coventry Arena
Arena Park
Rowley Green
City Road
Longford Road
Foleshill

kg82

Well, St Marys is the area. Man City's was Eastlands, also the area. So Foleshill, or a play of some sort on that name?

Liam PUSB!

On a erious note, I have always thought that "the Ricoh" should have a proper name, obviously Ricoh is just a sponsor so we don't want to be one of those clbus whose gorund has no identity of its own, ie.e more like Pride Park and St Mary's than "the King Power Stadium" etc...
I like:
The Coventry Arena
Arena Park
Rowley Green
City Road
Longford Road
Foleshill

Why not keep 'The City of Coventry Stadium'? As that is being used for Olympic games

classicfooty

I like:
The Coventry Arena
Arena Park
Rowley Green
City Road
Longford Road
Foleshill

iv been calling it phoenix way for a while now

CJparker

Wonder if, when their last ever day at the CCFC arrives, SISU will rename the CT Stand 'The Ken Dulieu' Stand' just to annoy the supporters

torchomatic

The Shake 'n' Vac Stadium or the Finish Powerball Tabs Arena

pusbccfc

Phoenix Way all day long.

ccfcjohn

naming a stadium after a sponsor is always a bad idea - they're never the same long term. i think a new name would have to be relevant to the City or the football club-

The Elephant & Castle - after the badge/crest design
The Phoenix Arena - we rose from the ashes after the war, and we'll do it again in 2012/13, and probably again and again!!!
3 Spires Stadium -
The Godiva Arena -

CTID

I like the Gasworks or The Pheonix Arena. Its a good point though, when does the Ricoh sponsorship run out? (or how did the deal work? Ive never seen any details on it)

smouch1975

It's many years since I went riding on my bike, played & fished the canal down there. Can anybody remember the name of the scrap yard, that was there or the nickname for the pikey camp behind it?

skybluelee

Phoenix Arena - I like that. You never hear Southampton fans refer to their ground as the Friends Provident Stadium and it really annoys me that everybody knows and refers to our stadium by the sponsor's name.

For anybody clever enough to set up one of those polls on this forum can they do it with a range of (sensible) choices and whichever wins lets use it permanently and then spread the word.

Users who are viewing this thread