Like him or not... (1 Viewer)

We miss Leon Clarke. The form hasn't been great at the moment but losing our two top goal scorers to injury and Wolves it was always going to be hard to keep it up. Anyone think we'll be dragged in a relegation battle? With Wolves and Sheffield United the last two games (Who both could have promotion and safety to play for) i don't think I've got the heart for it to go to the wire.

stupot07

No I think we'll be fine. Only need 10 points from 16 games to be safe IMO. Although we're in a period of poor form, we're actually a much better team than the league table suggest because of the 10 point penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

We miss our top goal scorer?
In other news travelling in a fighter jet will get you to your destination quicker than walking.

Sky Blue Kid

Without Clarke and Wilson, it shows that this team isn't as good as some people think. We are are poor defensively, and relied heavily on our "Front two" to score "One more goal than the other team" A relegation "Flirt" is deffo on the cards.

WillieStanley

Without Clarke and Wilson, it shows that this team isn't as good as some people think. We are are poor defensively, and relied heavily on our "Front two" to score "One more goal than the other team" A relegation "Flirt" is deffo on the cards.

I don't buy that, sorry. Our midfield have contributed a lot of goals and created an amazing amount of chances for our strikers. Yes we are weaker and we are all aware that our defence hasn't been the strongest this season, however we are in a post-Jan transition period where we find ourselves weaker rather than stronger. That doesn't take anything away from the rest of the side who have worked incredibly hard and contribute a lot.

On the contrary to your post, I think Leon's initial record at Wolves speaks volumes for our team.

Sky Blue Kid

@ WillieStanley.....Without being argumentative mate...Apart from your last sentence, you've more or less said what I did! Yes! Leons' goal scoring at Wolves is woeful. and Yes! our midfield have worked hard to supply Clarke and Wilson, but they are not playing are they? You can work like Trojans, but without forwards that can put the ball in the "Sprout bag" it's wasted isn't it?

Grendel

@ WillieStanley.....Without being argumentative mate...Apart from your last sentence, you've more or less said what I did! Yes! Leons' goal scoring at Wolves is woeful. and Yes! our midfield have worked hard to supply Clarke and Wilson, but they are not playing are they? You can work like Trojans, but without forwards that can put the ball in the "Sprout bag" it's wasted isn't it?

All teams would struggle with strikers leaving or unabailable - united were totally ineffective without van Persie and Rooney. Every league one team would struggle with the loss of both strikers. Relegation will not happen - you seem to forget without your caring sharing council it would be avoided already. Most league 1 teams loan youth players from higher leagues. Birmingham got premiership promotion with such a strategy.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy.....Trust you to drag the post into the gutter...Was it "The Council" that sold Clarke???...Was it "The Council" that took CCFC to Northampton??? Was it "The Council" that turned down a cracking "Rent deal" over 3 years???....You "Tag" suits you "Grendel the Troll"

LJC_CCFC

Just got to look to next season now, start with a clean(ish) slate with no (fewer) excuses and try and get promotion (finish 13th)

Grendel

@ Grenduffy.....Trust you to drag the post into the gutter...Was it "The Council" that sold Clarke???...Was it "The Council" that took CCFC to Northampton??? Was it "The Council" that turned down a cracking "Rent deal" over 3 years???....You "Tag" suits you "Grendel the Troll"

Nonsense - I just demonstrated the lack of substance in your argument and as usual you turn into Mr Angry.

mark82

Gary Madine just been released from prison. Probably just the type of player we need to replace Clarke (and an even bigger knob which is obviously a down side). Worth a cheeky enquiry to Wednesday for a loan? Can't see them wanting him in the squad after assaulting one of their fans and they are doing well without him.

Grendel

No, Grendel SBK is absolutely right; it was you that brought politics into an otherwise football based thread.

Nope my arguments were threefold;

1. Premier league teams complain if two key strikers were missing as cited by moyes recently
2. Our form over the season is not relegation form and its a distortion because of a points reduction instigated by ACL. The suggestion the squad is not strong enough is therefore ludricous as without said action we would have a chance still at a top 6 finish
3 Young loan players can work and again another example was cited.

Grendel

Also have to factor the state of the pitch we're playing on being non conducive to our passing style of play...

That would have been little better at the Ricoh and a 2-1 defeat to Carlisle is hardly new is it?

letsallsingtogether

And you know this because?
Oh yer the groundsman wasn't given any money for repairs to the pitch by his employers mind you still never had a game called off

That would have been little better at the Ricoh and a 2-1 defeat to Carlisle is hardly new is it?

Users who are viewing this thread