Like a damp squib (1 Viewer)

devonrich

Another sky blue season that gave hope at various points but ultimately led to embarrassment and disappointment. Even our crappy midland rivals seem to raise their game when it matters whether it be play offs or fighting the drop - We just leave the trail of a slug as we crawl over the mediocre line (even with the 10 points given back). Hasten to add not Elvis' fault, just years of mismanagement and low expectations.

hill83

Squid! You spanner.

Nice one editing the title making me look like a spanner.
He originally wrote 'squid'.

Fuck this forum.

Last edited:

Ian1779

Our season was ruined the day the CVA was rejected. The fact we have managed to salvage anything from it is a relative success. And particularly the first half of the season was the most exciting football I've seen since Black was in charge briefly.

Colin1883

Another sky blue season that gave hope at various points but ultimately led to embarrassment and disappointment. Even our crappy midland rivals seem to raise their game when it matters whether it be play offs or fighting the drop - We just leave the trail of a slug as we crawl over the mediocre line (even with the 10 points given back). Hasten to add not Elvis' fault, just years of mismanagement and low expectations.

Squib......

Bob Latchford

squib gives me the squitts

sky blue john

Our season was ruined the day the CVA was rejected. The fact we have managed to salvage anything from it is a relative success. And particularly the first half of the season was the most exciting football I've seen since Black was in charge briefly.

I thought our season was ruined by Sisu still being kidnappers of our club !!!

Grendel

Your first two words are stretching it!

Sky blue John - The thinking mans Sky Blue Kid - or is it the other way round?

skybluetony176

Climbing over the 10 point deduction was the only highlight of the season. We're lucky ACL rejected the CVA ;-)

Noggin

Has the title been fixed? it's making everyone elses posts look like they are in the wrong. Or is this the original title and everyone else is wrong?

mds

The title is right.

a damp squib an event which people think will be exciting but which is disappointing when it happens Usage notes: A squib is a type of firework (= a small container filled with chemicals which explodes to produce bright lights and loud noises) and if it becomes wet, it will not explode.

You spanner :)

Last edited:

James Smith

I had edited the title only for my phone to run out of juice leaving me looking for the charger so I could mention I had done so.

Last edited:

hill83

The title is right.

a damp squib an event which people think will be exciting but which is disappointing when it happens Usage notes: A squib is a type of firework (= a small container filled with chemicals which explodes to produce bright lights and loud noises) and if it becomes wet, it will not explode.

You spanner :)

See my edit you spirit level ;)

bigfatronssba

Seen as we still would have been miles from the play offs even without the reduction, you can't really use that excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread