Lighten up thread (1 Viewer)

oscillatewildly

Chelsea 'at home' was the first fixture of the season twice running in the late '90's. I had a ST in the East stand at the time. Can't remember which season but Gary Breen was injured and watched from the Main stand (eventually) he was asked to move on about 5 occasions for occupying a ticket holders seat.
He started off somewhere near the centre and moved that close to the East stand we were able to have a brief conversation with him.

richnrg

i saw Kenny Jacket trying to get a coffee from a Costa machine in a service station garage yesterday, and the machine ran out of milk half way through.:)

torchomatic

When Lloyd McGrath broke his leg, was on the stretcher and waving to the crowd as he went off. Now, they have to have an air ambulance.

Mcbean

Notts county away celebrating those goals with people from other stands - and of course Kevin Nolan’s interview where he said the referee gave us the game priceless !

oscillatewildly

When Lloyd McGrath broke his leg, was on the stretcher and waving to the crowd as he went off. Now, they have to have an air ambulance.
I once heard the story of a footballer who had to retire from the game after losing an arm - He'd broken his leg during the game but insisted on waving to the crowd as the air ambulance took off.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Jodi Jones at Wembley, when Jordan Willis scored his goal Jodi came up to me and said WHO scored ,the look on his face when I explained to him how Jordan had scored the goal, he just stood there in disbelief.

He missed the goal because he was still in the dressing room.

TTG

Our fa cup run

Tommo1993

Jodi Jones at Wembley, when Jordan Willis scored his goal Jodi came up to me and said WHO scored ,the look on his face when I explained to him how Jordan had scored the goal, he just stood there in disbelief.

He missed the goal because he was still in the dressing room.

That bell flew so slowly into the net it was unbelievable. Then on replay it was as normal speed as you like. Gotta be said though, when we deservedly stuffed Notts County I had no worry over the Exeter game. (I write that sitting in Exeter right now with work!)

DannyThomas_1981

Hickman's video has been hands down the highlight of the summer - best laugh I've had in years.

For all of the wrong reasons obviously but it was totally brilliant.

Hicks might just be some kind of parody genius - fantastic stuff if so.

Even if not - an outstanding effort by the young man to keep the troops fully entertained during the off season.

The video could only possibly have been improved by an angry crazed appearance by Nolan attacking '10 bags Bayliss' for 2018 and a pissed up Joy twerking in the background (since it seems most on here for some unaccountable reason would give it a go).

richnrg

Notts county away celebrating those goals with people from other stands - and of course Kevin Nolan’s interview where he said the referee gave us the game priceless !
reminds me of:
City v Notts County at Highfield Road, a cold and wet night in February 1982. City went 4-1 down at home with a few minutes remaining, and the gallows humour kicked in, as the home fans in the West end started chanting "we want five, we want five...". The ground erupted when County scored their fifth, and we all buggered off home slightly happy, for some weird reason.

skybluesam66

reminds me of:
City v Notts County at Highfield Road, a cold and wet night in February 1982. City went 4-1 down at home with a few minutes remaining, and the gallows humour kicked in, as the home fans in the West end started chanting "we want five, we want five...". The ground erupted when County scored their fifth, and we all buggered off home slightly happy, for some weird reason.
That was the day Jimmy hill came on the tannoy before the game, and said Steve hunt has asked for a transfer request , but is going nowhere, Not sure he had the greatest game that night

skyblue1991

I seem to remember someone from our crowd at Barnet trying to head the ball and miss completely?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Ppl saying nazin is shit and dont pass then being proven wrong next game

People sayong shipley is great and left wing and being proven wrong

People being sad cunts that hate kevon.nolan because he was rightly annoyed we got v lucky decisions agaibst them

People who saod burge was 1 of best leagie 1 gk and being proven wrong

Basically me being proven right time and time again makes me smile

Users who are viewing this thread