Life surprises. (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Bloody hell! Talk about "life surprises"! Had a phone call from my eldest daughter this morning telling me she's in hospital after having a bloody heart attack on Monday. Jeez! What else can life throw at me?

Fucking hell H. Hope she's okay?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Fucking hell H. Hope she's okay?
She phoned from hospital (she lives in Nottingham) and said she's having an angiogram this afternoon. She was terrified! I reassured by telling her I've had four angiograms and they're painless. She'll be able to watch everything on the TV screen as they do it.
This year has started off crazily for me so far!

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Thanks for all good wishes, guys. My daughter is going home today. She had her angiogram and had a stent put in. Hopefully, things will settle down for her. On the 'new sister' front, we've been yakking for ages on the phone over the last couple of evenings. Got 60 years of news to catch up on!

clint van damme

Thanks for all good wishes, guys. My daughter is going home today. She had her angiogram and had a stent put in. Hopefully, things will settle down for her. On the 'new sister' front, we've been yakking for ages on the phone over the last couple of evenings. Got 60 years of news to catch up on!

Good news about your daughter H.

Houchens Head

Sorry to go on a bit lads, but my recently found sister has come up trumps with news on my half-brother. I'd been looking for someone named 'Nicholas', as I'm sure that was the name I was told, back in 1971. But no. Apparently his name is David and my sister has an old address for him. Trouble is, this address was from 2006 so I doubt he will still be there. I've been on a local group on Facebook (Brentwood) and asked if anyone might know him. Not sure whether I should just write to the address I have for him. Thoughts?

clint van damme

Sorry to go on a bit lads, but my recently found sister has come up trumps with news on my half-brother. I'd been looking for someone named 'Nicholas', as I'm sure that was the name I was told, back in 1971. But no. Apparently his name is David and my sister has an old address for him. Trouble is, this address was from 2006 so I doubt he will still be there. I've been on a local group on Facebook (Brentwood) and asked if anyone might know him. Not sure whether I should just write to the address I have for him. Thoughts?

Go for it H. At least if he's not there you'll know and maybe he is and will be delighted to hear from you.

Sbarcher

Wow HH a whole new family in the making.
192.com might help. If you know his full name, type it in search and area to get some locations, o rif you don't know full name then just type in the address, then you will get a list of current and previous occupants. You might get a full name from there if it's not already known to you.

Houchens Head

Wow HH a whole new family in the making.
192.com might help. If you know his full name, type it in search and area to get some locations, o rif you don't know full name then just type in the address, then you will get a list of current and previous occupants. You might get a full name from there if it's not already known to you.
I looked at 192.com but it's a charging site. I always thought it was free? I don't mind paying but I don't need a monthly subscription for just one search. What happened to the good old days when you could dial the operator and they would tell you a number?

Houchens Head

Updates:..........
Wow. Life really is full of surprises! I wrote to what I thought was my younger brother's address in Brentford back in February but as of yet, no reply. However, this afternoon, my oldest sister (who is 80), replied to a text I sent her back in December (We haven't been in touch for about 12 or 13 years). Anyway, she ended up phoning me and I told her all about our new found sister. She was really happy about it but then hit me with, "That's not the end of it all. We also have yet another younger sister who was born late 1954." (which is 15 months after me). Anyway, she's been in touch with my eldest sister and now wants to meet up with me as well! Apparently, my mum had her adopted, and she now lives in Birmingham). Two new half sisters?? Not sure I can take much more! I always thought it was my dad who was the randy bugger, but it seems that my old mum was a bit of a bugger as well! Kind of explains why I was put away into care as a kid. Anyway, I'm off to Cornwall in 3 weeks to meet up with my new sister. Really looking forward to it. I'll keep you all posted as to how it turns out!

bringbackrattles

Updates:..........
Wow. Life really is full of surprises! I wrote to what I thought was my younger brother's address in Brentford back in February but as of yet, no reply. However, this afternoon, my oldest sister (who is 80), replied to a text I sent her back in December (We haven't been in touch for about 12 or 13 years). Anyway, she ended up phoning me and I told her all about our new found sister. She was really happy about it but then hit me with, "That's not the end of it all. We also have yet another younger sister who was born late 1954." (which is 15 months after me). Anyway, she's been in touch with my eldest sister and now wants to meet up with me as well! Apparently, my mum had her adopted, and she now lives in Birmingham). Two new half sisters?? Not sure I can take much more! I always thought it was my dad who was the randy bugger, but it seems that my old mum was a bit of a bugger as well! Kind of explains why I was put away into care as a kid. Anyway, I'm off to Cornwall in 3 weeks to meet up with my new sister. Really looking forward to it. I'll keep you all posted as to how it turns out!
Pleased for you Houch hope it turns out well. I mentioned on here after you first wrote about a surprise etc, about me being reunited with my estranged son from a previous girlfriend. Well it hasn't worked out that well really, his partner I felt got a bit involved and pushy, she tried to take over I reckon and it pissed me off. Long story so I've decided to leave it for now, and see how it develops later on if at all. Reckon if it was just me and him we would have sorted it, maybe just not meant to be. I'm a bit set in my ways now anyway !

Houchens Head

Pleased for you Houch hope it turns out well. I mentioned on here after you first wrote about a surprise etc, about me being reunited with my estranged son from a previous girlfriend. Well it hasn't worked out that well really, his partner I felt got a bit involved and pushy, she tried to take over I reckon and it pissed me off. Long story so I've decided to leave it for now, and see how it develops later on if at all. Reckon if it was just me and him we would have sorted it, maybe just not meant to be. I'm a bit set in my ways now anyway !
That's a shame BBR. 😟

Sbarcher

Wow, at our time in life (I think we are all of a similar age), it's amazing that there are still twists and turns for us to follow.Some are exciting, others a little more tragic but who knows what's around that corner. As Cilla would say............

bringbackrattles

That's a shame BBR. 😟
I'm fine over it to be honest. He's doing well in his life and I'm getting by okay, so not like we are desperate etc. If it's meant to be so be it if not life goes on. Anyway got enough to contend with in my other son and step kids even though all adults can still be a handful ! 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread