Liam Walsh (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

Bristol City selling CM Brownhill to Burnley...Walsh could be recalled.

Reactions: vow

vow

Is there a recall option on him ? We lose Walsh we’re fucked Allen maybe will need to go in there with Kelly
I'd be suprised if there isn't a recall option, during January anyhow?

You're probably right regarding Allen coming in, dare I say it but...it could mean more goals in the team if it does happen, as I believe Allen has a goal in him.

cc84cov

I'd be suprised if there isn't a recall option, during January anyhow?

You're probably right regarding Allen coming in, dare I say it but...it could mean more goals in the team if it does happen, as I believe Allen has a goal in him.
I think he was brought for that role until
He got injured and we got Walsh to cover

Joy Division

Trying to think of the last time that has ever happened to us, a key loan player being recalled by their club?...or have we done it to one of our players that have been loaned out?

vow

Trying to think of the last time that has ever happened to us, a key loan player being recalled by their club?...or have we done it to one of our players that have been loaned out?
Probably Ryan Kent?

rob9872

I think in hindsight Kent going back wasn't great, although some of the idiots around me used to slag him off for not being involved enough .Still they moved onto Murphy not tracking back soon after.....

rob9872

Ha - posted it and two posts suggesting the same appeared :)

vow

Ah yes sounds about right. Although debatable as to whether he was a 'key' player for us.
True, his final ball, at the time wasn't quite there, but his work rate, similar to Thomas last season, speed and skill was defo key to the way we played that season.

CCFC88

I think BC have ambitions on making the playoffs minimum this year, if they sell one of their best midfielders for 10m they'll likely reinvest and buy someone rather than bring a loan back who is improving nicely where he is.

rob9872

Ah yes sounds about right. Although debatable as to whether he was a 'key' player for us.
Results post Christmas suggest he was part of the issue at least Id say. Murphy stopped scoring, Madders wasn't the same player on loan after his move all contributory.

PVA

Walsh has confirmed he is 100% staying for the season. Great news.

I don't see us signing him permanently though unless BC managed promotion. They are keeping a close eye on him and they say according to their stats models he is the 2nd best perforiming midfielder in League One this season.

mark82

I don't see us signing him permanently though unless BC managed promotion. They are keeping a close eye on him and they say according to their stats models he is the 2nd best perforiming midfielder in League One this season.

Who is first? Ben Sheaf?

cc84cov

He’s utter class cannot remember the last time we had such a classy midfielder since McCalister

junglej13

The comments from Johnson are very reassuring on Walsh. Pretty much that they feel he needs to play 40 games somewhere to realise his potential. Recalling him would fly in the face of this.

cc84cov

The comments from Johnson are very reassuring on Walsh. Pretty much that they feel he needs to play 40 games somewhere to realise his potential. Recalling him would fly in the face of this.
Was in Ibiza with lee Johnson last year same hotel he was with the mrs and her mate so we took him out for 2 days on it lol left him fully broken :)

Reactions: vow

vow

Was in Ibiza with lee Johnson last year same hotel he was with the mrs and her mate so we took him out for 2 days on it lol left him fully broken :)
Ha, good man!

Kieranp96

I think in hindsight Kent going back wasn't great, although some of the idiots around me used to slag him off for not being involved enough .Still they moved onto Murphy not tracking back soon after.....
Kent was phenomenal, even of he wasn't in the game he caused that many issues it made them double even triple on him gave plenty of room for Armstrong and Murphy losing him cost us promotion.

vow

Brownhill confirmed sold to Burnley.

I know Walsh said he's staying but that was before Brownhill was sold..

..watch this space I guess.

Gibbo

Walsh, Kelly, the back three and Marosi are the irreplaceables. Any of those would be a big blow. Everybody else there is cover, even Godden

Users who are viewing this thread