Liam Kitching (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

People were all for spending £3m+ on Kitching until they watched that game where he had a stinker and all got completely turned off by him. Stinks of fickleness.

If Robins thinks he's worth the fee they want, he will sign him, he will certainly know a lot more about him than us on here.
Who needs scouts when this guy has it all covered?

Warwickhunt

drop the interest in Kitching if i was MR! we have destabalised him like so many clubs have done to us in the past! Kitching will be of no use to them now as his head has been turned. in fact try a cheeky 2.5 million bid at 10pm tomorrow night.

robbiekeane

not followed the thread but saw we had a 4m bid turned down. I wouldn't be going any higher than that, would honestly prefer to get a last minute loan in or something than start paying stupid money for players just because people know we've got some money left.

Peter Billing Eyes

Interestingly, no-one on the Barnsley forum seems that bothered about Kitching leaving especially if the fee is around £4 million. Kitching sounds like he may have an attitude issue if he’s letting transfer talk affect his game; people on here are saying we should consider other options and I agree.

Happy_Martian

£5m for Kitching is far too much for what he can offer and whats on his CV. At that price, say thanks but no and walk away. Was excited with the prospect of getting him but only at a reasonable price. We've got better and higher levels of experience from European clubs for half that price.

Plus we still have the free agent market after the window closes. And those players won't be able to negotiate to the same degree as they will want a club as quick as possible.

fernandopartridge

Nobody knows if the fees described are accurate. It's worth pointing out that they've all emanated from the Barnsley side, after the chairman had come out and said no more players would be sold in August. It could be just consent manufacture and the fee could be actually a lot less.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Covcraig@bury

I’m still not sure he’s the one for us , and if ( if ) the said asking price is correct he very much over valued.

Mucca Mad Boys

Interestingly, no-one on the Barnsley forum seems that bothered about Kitching leaving especially if the fee is around £4 million. Kitching sounds like he may have an attitude issue if he’s letting transfer talk affect his game; people on here are saying we should consider other options and I agree.

I wasn’t bothered when Gyokeres left because I’d accepted he was going to leave.

Football get sour grapes, ‘he’s not that good anyway’ over players all the time.

He’s 23, if Robins & co believe he’s a future premier league player, overpaying slightly is not the end of the world.

I remember thinking Brentford overpaid for Toney at £10m, even so, he was 100% worth it. Likewise, I was incensed Leciester paid £1m for a certain non-league player in Jaime Vardy. Possibly bargain of the decade.

CCFC54321

The player I’d expect will be kicking balls all the place on the training ground being disruptive as that’s the new tactic when your not happy!

Seriously I’d expect him to be having a chat with whoever to get the move back on.

£5m is ridiculous. What are Barnsley thinking?

Jamieb87ccfc

I wonder if now they have signed a LCB whether he might ask to leave. He will know his value and at some point is surely going to be annoyed with them.

Macca

If we spent they on him that would be a huge amount of money over the summer on 3 players with a very unspectacular back catalogue. Not saying they won’t come good but big gamble

TomRad85

If he was a CM I’d get it. But not for a LCB. He’s just not worth £5m.
He obviously really wants a LCB. I wouldn't be paying it but if they decide he's worth it then good luck to him. The transfer market is a mess now and it's clearly filtering down to an extent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ccfc1234

He obviously really wants a LCB. I wouldn't be paying it but if they decide he's worth it then good luck to him. The transfer market is a mess now and it's clearly filtering down to an extent.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Agree the market has been distorted by Chelsea some of the Saudi Pro league deals and a few other clubs who have gone slightly crazy this summer.
I dont think we received 'crazy' sums for our players and just got fair value for their talents and I hope we keep a sober head in our spending as you can't spend money twice.

shmmeee

Gutted we won’t have a full team for half the season, but completely agree with not spending if the prices being quoted are close to accurate. Already think we’ve overpaid a couple of times this window. Id much rather rein it in and have cash for when we spot a talented bargain in the future.

fatso

Or that we pushing hard for our number 1 target. Desperation would be opting for a cheaper alternative.
No, desperation is watching the price increase dramatically the nearer we get to deadline day, and then caving in and paying over the odds.

We valued him at 2.5 million, which is a hell of a lot for a league 1 defender.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Agree the market has been distorted by Chelsea some of the Saudi Pro league deals and a few other clubs who have gone slightly crazy this summer.
I dont think we received 'crazy' sums for our players and just got fair value for their talents and I hope we keep a sober head in our spending as you can't spend money twice.

Us getting €24 million for Gyokeres and £15m for Hamer in the last year of their contract probably distorted the market a little bit too. Patience is key here. If we have to use the loan market as a stop gap, so be it.

Hobo

Many said at the time if he fulfilled his potential he would go on to play for England and be a very good Premier League player

But some disagreed. That has also been said of many players who have totally disappeared.

Hobo

I know but you were talking about one particular player
It was more a flippant throw away comment. Because you can't take away the fact he has fulfilled his potential and possibly more. But nobody can predict that with any certainty.

For every successful player there is a Wayne Harrison. Footballers are like greyhounds, there are more failures than successes. But for every success there will be people saying "I knew from a pup he was going to be something special".

Londonccfcfan

Leave this guy well alone. Barnsley will come with a begging bowl later. Not overpaying for this guy.

£2M is enough up front.

As long as we dont have Bidwell leaving ( no more outs) and we get a loan in minimum centre back.

Can live with that till Jan and then re assess with money in Robin's war chest.

Kingokings204

Don’t touch him now. He won’t perform and they will have missed on 4m. Tough luck

Macca1987

I'm with most people on this one, Barnsley holding out for ridiculous money, walk away and look elsewhere. I know it's difficult this late in the day, but I'd rather no-one than being bent over for someone.

Users who are viewing this thread