Liam Kelly -humble pie time (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

I thought the injuries had caught up with him and he'd have to drop down a level, at least. No idea where that performance came from, it was like he'd never been away

pusbccfc

He talked Eccles thru the game like a captain, he’s been like a new signing

While he wasn't at his absolute best, Eccles is developing at a rapid rate. Good to have guidance from Kelly and to learn from Sheaf and Hamer.

Otis

Yup, I thought he was finished too.

Can I have mine with mascarpone cheese rather than custard, thanks. 👍

You'll Never Beat McPake

Class is permanent, form is temporary as they say. Thought he made a huge difference. Majority of his passing was forward and created scoring opportunities. Loved the rendition of Doyle and Kelly in the middle..
Took me back to the heady days of League 2 🤣

Gibbo

Very little makes my teeth grind more than fans doing mea culpa and expecting us to applaud their generosity of sprit. Clint Van D in the latest. example of the type.

"In the past I have been really critical pf player x, but I have to admit than he was really good today".Grrr. Perhaps it would have been better to have been a bit less narky and uncharitable about them previously.

Kelly has barely played for 2 years. He knows the next three games are probably the last of his career at this level and he played today in front a of a near full house. Suspect he was on an aderenalin high all game.

Johhny Blue

Very little makes my teeth grind more than fans doing mea culpa and expecting us to applaud their generosity of sprit. Clint Van D in the latest. example of the type.

"In the past I have been really critical pf player x, but I have to admit than he was really good today".Grrr. Perhaps it would have been better to have been a bit less narky and uncharitable about them previously.

Kelly has barely played for 2 years. He knows the next three games are probably the last of his career at this level and he played today in front a of a near full house. Suspect he was on an aderenalin high all game.
Fair play to them for owning it

Great_Expectations

Me too. I was massively sceptical of him playing today (and Wednesday), but he was very good tofus and without doubt had a positive impact.

I would worry a little against a better side with an intense press, but he’ll likely surprise us all!

Ideal scenario he gives his absolute all for the next two games and gets us into the playoffs ready for Sheaf to return.

He’s been a great servant and would be really fitting he gets a send off he deserves.

clint van damme

Get you you gobshite 🤣

Calista

Kelly's been able to contribute very little in the last year or more, purely because of injuries. I'm sure I'm not alone in being mystified by the excessive criticism he's had for his rare appearances, as he's never done much wrong when called upon IMO. Even so, I was surprised just how much he was 'on it' today, given his lack of action all season.
Anyway, glad to see humble pie being eaten. And not at all surprised that certain ... er ... prominent critics seem to have stayed quiet today. No doubt they'll be quick to pipe up again if Kelly makes any kind of error next week.

Londonccfcfan

Kelly's been able to contribute very little in the last year or more, purely because of injuries. I'm sure I'm not alone in being mystified by the excessive criticism he's had for his rare appearances, as he's never done much wrong when called upon IMO. Even so, I was surprised just how much he was 'on it' today, given his lack of action all season.
Anyway, glad to see humble pie being eaten. And not at all surprised that certain ... er ... prominent critics seem to have stayed quiet today. No doubt they'll be quick to pipe up again if Kelly makes any kind of error next week.
I think vs Swansea earlier in season he was very poor when he came on dont think he barely touched the ball. The difference last games has been enormous.

Calista

I think vs Swansea earlier in season he was very poor when he came on dont think he barely touched the ball. The difference last games has been enormous.
Seem to remember the team's disastrous collapse had already started by the time he came on, Swansea were in total command of the ball and nothing was going to prevent the inevitable.

SleepyGinger

It’s crazy really. I thought his time with us was done, with all his injuries etc. which wouldn’t be a knock on him (he was signed as a rotation player to get us out of league 2) but it looks like he may play a big part in getting us to the to the premier league.

Hobo

I have never questioned Kelly's ability when fit. It is just how many games we get out of him each year? A fit Kelly would be one of the first, if not the first on the team sheet. It would be great to get a season where he is injury free and he deserves one.

Hobo

Panzo has gone under the radar a bit today. Was assured on the ball.
Panzo was assured on the ball but still displayed his classic weakness in 2nd half, of letting a player run in behind him on the diagonal and it almost cost us a goal. He even looked at him as he started his run and just ignored it. At least it only happened once yesterday rather than the four or five times a game before he was dropped/injured.

That is a serious flaw in Panzo's game along with his defensive heading. I wouldn't mind seeing him given ago as wingback because I think that might suit his ball carrying skills more.

Sky Blue Pete

Panzo was assured on the ball but still displayed his classic weakness in 2nd half, of letting a player run in behind him on the diagonal and it almost cost us a goal. He even looked at him as he started his run and just ignored it. At least it only happened once yesterday rather than the four or five times a game before he was dropped/injured.

That is a serious flaw in Panzo's game along with his defensive heading. I wouldn't mind seeing him given ago as wingback because I think that might suit his ball carrying skills more.
Agreed but he was much better and Doyle commanded things most of the time

Esoterica

Out of contract isn’t he?
Jokes aside, I think we'll end up giving him another year with a coaching role if a) he stays fit between now and the end of the season, b) we stay in this division and c) He's ok with not playing every week.

I would absolutely love to have him make an appearance in the PL though so we can say he's played in all 4 divisions for us. :love::love:

Users who are viewing this thread