Liam Kelly - First name on the teamsheet (1 Viewer)

Kilclines curly mullet

He has been immense in the last few months.
Breaks up play, calm on the ball, passes simple but with the odd 60 yarder added into the mix.
I don't have the stats, but since he has been back in the team we appear to have picked up more points
As much as I love Doyle, the decision to let him go appears to be the correct one.

I also think it helps having Bright just in front, he is a level above in my opinion.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

He has been immense in the last few months.
Breaks up play, calm on the ball, passes simple but with the odd 60 yarder added into the mix.
I don't have the stats, but since he has been back in the team we appear to have picked up more points
As much as I live Doyle, the decision to let him go appears to be the correct one.

I also think it helps having Bright just in front, he is a level above in my opinion.

Agreed, he was pretty essential last season I thought tbh. Uses the ball pretty well, definitely not the sideways sammy portrayed on here.

Evo1883

The most consistent performer who I would put on the team sheet first every week is Hyam , best defender at the club and the player who will have the brightest future of our own players

better days

Nice to see Kelly being recognized
He shipped some unfair stick last year when he was trying to play through niggling injuries
The lad is fit now so we're seeing the benefit

Reactions: vow

stevefloyd

Amputee
giphy.gif

better days

He’s been our key player since we signed him. Makes Robins’ system work. He must have been surrounded by amputees to be relegated to the national league.
Leyton Orient at the time were owned by a crazy, vindictive Italian who deliberately sabotaged the club to get back at the fans, who had been giving him stick because of his insane stewardship
The guy had paid Barry Hearn £4M and used the club as the basis for a reality show on Italian TV

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Yep agree, he was superb. His ball retention and speed of thought to play 1 touch passes to keep us moving is very, very good. He waned a little after the clash of heads, to be expected really. As a side note I thought Shipley was fantastic alongside him in the first half.

higgs

He was like a quarter back yesterday dictating the play was very impressed by him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

He makes simple passes, is available for the simple pass. Gets around the pitch. Makes it look easy.

But its amazing how few players can play this simple but effective brand of football. He was key in getting us to the play offs and promoted last year. He is far better than Doyle was.

Adge

At the time I and I think most weren’t sure about Doyle being shown the door. It’s proved to be the correct decision by Robins and may have been a bit ruthless but we are not party to what went on behind the scenes. Since then Kelly has really stepped up to the plate and I wasn’t sure if he would be the force he is in L1. Glad he’s proving me wrong.

rob9872

I think he signed a three year contract in the summer.
Were you as surprised as me to learn that he's Scottish and not Irish? How can you have a name like that and not be Irish? :)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Player of the season for me, without question.

People making excuses for Bayliss need to look more at Kelly. He was carrying him so much before he got injured. Literally doing all the midfield work on his own.

We're really lucky to have him.

Nick

Administrator
Player of the season for me, without question.

People making excuses for Bayliss need to look more at Kelly. He was carrying him so much before he got injured. Literally doing all the midfield work on his own.

We're really lucky to have him.
Think he is mine too. Completely different player without Doyle next to him

Has taken a few for the team too, akinfenwa falling on him. Doyle elbowing him.

duffer

I wouldn't claim to have seen enough games this season to make a call on it, but he's always looked a very tidy player when I've seen him. He was at another level completely in the first half of the Portsmouth game though, at the centre of everything and always keeping the ball moving. I hope he's here next season too, because I think he's the sort of player that can pull all the strings if we've still got a bit of youth and pace around him.

Users who are viewing this thread