Lewis Hamilton (1 Viewer)

Covstu

What about like an NBA draft system where the teams can get drivers in that fashion? Might mix it up a little.

wingy

That would make a lot of sense in my view.

I used to enthusiastically watch F1, had the video game and everything. The last great race I watched was Button’s win in Montreal when he came from the back of the grid.

Personally, I think the sport has lost its competitive edge. You had Vettel and Red Bull dominating, now Hamilton and Mercedes. I don’t really tend to watch sports when I could reasonably predict what happens, and for the last few years it’s pretty much been the Lewis Hamilton show.

His comments about turning vegan being the ‘only way to save the planet’ grated on me. It really showed a lack of awareness that someone who literally drives a car on a track for a living can preach to ordinary people on climate change. Then again, I’m quite skeptical of a lot of celebrities/sports people talk politics.

Great athlete, bit of a nause in the public.
I did find it surprising that more emissions IE:- Methane come from animal production than those from vehicles.

Mucca Mad Boys

I did find it surprising that more emissions IE:- Methane come from animal production than those from vehicles.

Beef is a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

Coffee and chocolate combined produce more CO2 than all the meats barring beef - just to add perspective. Frankly, if the world’s population all became vegan tomorrow, the likelihood is that our consumption habits would harm the environment in unforeseen ways. It’s not a factual statement that going vegan would save the planet.

An F1 driver who cares about climate change is surely an oxymoron.

On that note, I’ll leave this comment from Kimi Raikkonen:

“F1 is in probably not the strongest place to tell people that this is what we should do, because to really go that route we should all stay home and forget the racing.”

Attachments

• 8163BC33-5EB8-4161-814A-26BC63E077D1.jpeg
    8163BC33-5EB8-4161-814A-26BC63E077D1.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread