Letter from Tim Fisher (1 Viewer)

Houdi

Received today a letter from our esteemed CEO Tim Fisher.
Re; Coventry City Football Club (Holdings) Limited (the "Company")
Please be advised that an application for voluntary striking off of the Company was made on 30th October 2013. A copy of the application is enclosed for your information.
Additionally, we would like to invite all B shareholders of the company to a meeting to be held during the week commencing 9 December 2013.Final details will be available on www.ccfc.co.uk on 15 November 2013.
Yours sincerely.
With it was enclosed a DSO1 form from Companies House for striking off application by a company.
Unfortunately ex shareholders no longer have a vote, or else I may have been tempted to propose a vote of No Confidence in the current board.:)

CJ_covblaze

I'll certainly be there. Should be a thrilling affair.

Houdi

Probably, depending on the date and time. Although in years gone by, Richardson/Mcginnity era you got a free drink, I think that was the dividend,:claping hands: however I doubt if the current owners will likely be as generous. I have at home somewhere a cheque for 1p, yes 1p still uncashed from CCFC in lieu of my shares they 'bought' off shareholders.
It seems yet again that SISU were ahead of the game, in starting the NOPM campaign.:)

shmmeee

Is this a required thing or will they have something to say?

Maybe you're all getting shares in Otium!

skybluefred

No they will be pitching a two man tent on Radford Recreation ground.
:blue:It will start at 7pm and bring your own candle.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wonder if they will be looking to sell the supporter shareholders shares in the new group?

It would be nice to think they might just do a share exchange giving each shareholder one of the new non voting shares in Otium at least

skybluetony176

However, striking-off is only applicable to a company if, in the past three months, it has not:
  • traded or otherwise carried on business;
  • changed its name;
  • disposed for value of property or rights that, immediately before ceasing to be in business or trade, it held for disposal or gain in the normal course of that business or trade; or
  • engaged in any other activity except one necessary or expedient for making a striking-off application, settling the company’s affairs or meeting a statutory requirement. A company can, however, apply if it has settled trading or business debts in the previous three months.

Does holdings meet this OSB?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
However, striking-off is only applicable to a company if, in the past three months, it has not:
  • traded or otherwise carried on business;
  • changed its name;
  • disposed for value of property or rights that, immediately before ceasing to be in business or trade, it held for disposal or gain in the normal course of that business or trade; or
  • engaged in any other activity except one necessary or expedient for making a striking-off application, settling the company’s affairs or meeting a statutory requirement. A company can, however, apply if it has settled trading or business debts in the previous three months.

Does holdings meet this OSB?

I would think that the last sentence does it ...... that all debts have been settled and therefore can apply

skybluetony176

I would think that the last sentence does it ...... that all debts have been settled and therefore can apply

cheers for the clarification OSB. does this mean they wont need to post the last set of accounts (or 2sets if you include this trading year too date)? or does that only count if they liquidate holdings?

sorry for 20 questions but i trust your opinion.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
no problem :)

As far as I am aware they wont have to file the accounts which of course is the purpose of all this

I suspect the discussions with Company House has been to convince Co House this is the right way to go, because all exterior creditors have been paid and not to start proceedings against the directors. In theory Company House could insist on some sort of statements being produced, but of course CCFC Holdings has no funds with which to pay for this.

I think that CCFC H and CCFC Ltd have effectively been put to bed and it has all been done so in a totally legal manner. As to what went on between 1995 and the winding up of CCFC Ltd and CCFCH each of us will have to make our own minds up based on the publically available information...... which is of course not even half the detail I would guess.

There has been a clear plan to this that probably predates March 2012 in my opinion ........ clever use of the law and other professionals.....
it is after all the speciality of some of those involved....... battles won and lost ....... it doesnt mean that in the end the plan works however.... there are still things to be played out I fear because our team CCFC remains a tool to be used

Last edited:

skybluetony176

As far as I am aware they wont have to file the accounts which of course is the purpose of all this

I suspect the discussions with Company House has been to convince Co House this is the right way to go, because all exterior creditors have been paid and not to start proceedings against the directors. In theory Company House could insist on some sort of statements being produced, but of course CCFC Holdings has no funds with which to pay for this.

I think that CCFC H and CCFC Ltd have effectively been put to bed and it has all been done so in a totally legal manner.

thanks again OSB, that's pretty much the assumption i came too. what i cant work out is what benefit sh1tsu could gain from doing this :thinking about:;)

bigfatronssba

I think that CCFC H and CCFC Ltd have effectively been put to bed and it has all been done so in a totally legal manner. As to what went on between 1995 and the winding up of CCFC Ltd and CCFCH each of us will have to make our own minds up based on the publically available information...... which is of course not even half the detail I would guess.

There has been a clear plan to this that probably predates March 2012 in my opinion ........ clever use of the law and other professionals.....
it is after all the speciality of some of those involved....... battles won and lost ....... it doesnt mean that in the end the plan works however.... there are still things to be played out I fear because our team CCFC remains a tool to be used

Come on, you have to give your opinion on that last bit now. You can't leave a cliffhanger like that!

J

Jack Griffin

Is this a required thing or will they have something to say?

Maybe you're all getting shares in Otium!

LOL, surely this is the official "now fuck off for good its all ours now" meeting.

J

Jack Griffin

thanks again OSB, that's pretty much the assumption i came too. what i cant work out is what benefit sh1tsu could gain from doing this :thinking about:;)

I think they'll be able to destroy all the records once the company no longer exists, then no one will be able to find out anything.

skybluetony176

They just have to wait till the 3 months is up..

yeah, i guess so. i would imagine the last business they did was the moving off assets to scrotium, so it could be 3months from that date (whenever that was). i don't know if companies house can still make holdings produce the books before that period is up.

georgehudson

this meeting, in December, exactly who will it be open to, to attend,
where will it be, & will any debate be allowed ?
& further, are we to assume that this TF character is still CEO, but of what ?
i'd think another 'fans forum' just prior to the meeting would be fun

CJ_covblaze

this meeting, in December, exactly who will it be open to, to attend,
where will it be, & will any debate be allowed ?
& further, are we to assume that this TF character is still CEO, but of what ?
i'd think another 'fans forum' just prior to the meeting would be fun

All former shareholders.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
It will be any current shareholders of CCFC H.

They are there to approve the Directors proposal to wind up CCFC H. The directors will give a statement that says all known liabilities have been paid in full or settled. As CCFC H is now a shell company there should be no assets or liabilities left in it, the process is quite straight forward. The charges in favour of SBS&L and ARVO have been removed. The inter company loans will be written off because the amounts due to ARVO and SISU Funds are sitting elsewhere in the group at the same value after as before the resolution to voluntary wind up CCFC H. I would not expect very much discussion because the biggest shareholder Otium will want the process done and as quick as possible.

They do not have to offer those supporters with shares in CCFC H (nearly 300 i think) any alternative shares.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread