lets put....... (1 Viewer)

ricohman

Lets put last night down to nothing else but bad luck, people are saying wrong formation, wrong line up etc.

Looking at the stats tells me a different story, 25 shots to their 7 far more corners, 15 shots on target and their keeper had the game of his life. This isnt a disaster was just one of those nights

Swanny80

Finally some sense spoken

Not like the knee jerk reactions we always get on this forum

Well said Ricohman

Marty

I think I'm the only one who's fairly confident of going up to Crewe and getting the result we need. This tie is far from over.

covcity4life

Lets put last night down to nothing else but bad luck, people are saying wrong formation, wrong line up etc.

Looking at the stats tells me a different story, 25 shots to their 7 far more corners, 15 shots on target and their keeper had the game of his life. This isnt a disaster was just one of those nights

agreed

i am really down today because our chances of JPT progression stand at about 1% and i am bemoaning howm uch bad luck a city can have

and im really worried about murphys fitness

but overall we gotta beleive we will start scoring again and win enough to clinch playoffs

maybe we will overcome our big match voodoo in the playoffs?

Mitten93

Happens too often with us though, only so many times it can be one of those nights. But I do agree their goalie was on top form, how we didn't at least put away one chance is beyond me, hopefully we're back to scoring ways for Saturday could do another 3 points, especially over Yeovil.

Sub

to be honest the ball bounced off every defender hit them and always bounced to one of there players !!! even the bounce of the uneven pitch helped the keeper with his saves in the second half although we should of been atleast 2-0 up in the first half crewe set their stall out to hit us on the break and our weak center midfield helped them achieve that.

Last edited:

Otis

No. I think we can do it.

I think we can do it too.

We ran rings around their defence and the stats back this up.

We know if we play like that again we could quite easily score 5.

I'm still quietly confident.

SkyBlueScottie

Had Dunnce been awake and kept out the 3rd goal I reckon we would have been a decent bet, but 3 or 4 is asking a little too much.

Otis

We were unlucky not to score, but we still conceeded 3 goals which had nothing to do with bad luck.

It did in turn though Coundon.

Had the ill luck we had not been so severe we would have probably been two goals to the good.

Two goals to the good and we wouldn't have been pushing forwards like that to get hit on the break.

Otis

Totally agree.

This is why I am still reticent to believe we can make the play-offs.

We can make the play-offs mathematically, yes, but do we have the ability to shore up the defence and stop the silly defeats? The answer to that unfortunately is no.

I do think we will lose another 4 games for sure. We are very dodgy at the back and have no pace in the heart of the defence. Edge isn't fast and Wood is slower still.

Only the full backs have pace.

Otis

Yes, of course I think we can overturn a 3-0 reverse at Crewe.

The JPT is a one off game.

The league campaign is now a 15 match run in.

Big difference. In one offs I really fancy our chances. Over a sequence of games we tend to have silly defeats here and there amongst the good results.

So, yes, I do we can believe we can win at Crewe but do still have doubts we will make the play-offs.

Delboycov

I think the worst stroke of bad luck we had wasn't down to all the chances not going in but was down to losing Murphy. The reason we didn't score was largely down to poor finishing and lack of composure in front of goal...together with some resolute defending and great goalkeeping from Crewe...that's not bad luck. I just hope that this result doesn't have a knock on effect to the league form as for me getting promoted has always been more important than a JPT wembley appearance.

Otis

But the league run-in is 15 games, not just a one off.

In a one off game I think we can beat anyone. Over a sequence of a number of games we have this ability to shoot ourselves in the foot (Shrewsbury, Carlisle etc.).

Over 15 games you just know City will not stay unbeaten because our defence is dodgy and we are prone to counter attacks.

We can lose 4 though and still make the play-offs. Said this before. 4 defeats alongside 9 wins should do it.

Paxman II

I think we have to wait and see what happens Saturday now v Yeovil. The reaction after this cup defeat and how it has affected the players is THE most important moment of our season now. If we come out having shaken off last night as a one off calamity and do the business our form suggest we can do in the league then no problem.
If they come out nervy and lose I think we all will need to reaccess what our expectations are for the season.

I said before that this JPT trophy can be damaging when what you really need is promotion. I hope this does not come back to bite us.
Injuries, suspensions and confidence could be damaged from being in something that means nothing at the end of the day.

And some of you here want us to play like mad dogs and turn this 0-3 scoreline around at Crewe? Sure, great but at what price would that come? We don't want to be knackered for our 15 game run in....a run in that has far more reaching consequencies for our club than this silly trophy.

Mucca Mad Boys

It wasn't bad luck though, their tactics were more effective than ours, they won, end of story.

We rushed into many of our chances, even before they scored, McSheffrey (there were others, before the Sheff vendetta comes out :facepalm: ) blazed a shot that was rushed and he could've passed it or even crossed it.

Grendel

It wasn't bad luck though, their tactics were more effective than ours, they won, end of story.

We rushed into many of our chances, even before they scored, McSheffrey (there were others, before the Sheff vendetta comes out :facepalm: ) blazed a shot that was rushed and he could've passed it or even crossed it.

So their tactic was to concede 15 corners and allow 25 shots against them. Is that how you set up teams on football manager?

They were lucky.

Otis

So their tactic was to concede 15 corners and allow 25 shots against them. Is that how you set up teams on football manager?

They were lucky.

Of course they were. I find it laughable to suggest they got their tactics right. Their manager said it was their plan to restrict our oppprtunities.

Well considering they restricted us to 15 corners and 25 shots on goal, you have to say they got their tactics wrong. Their saving grace was that we forgot our shooting boots.

No doubt they were lucky and both their keeper and their manager have admitted as much.
Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Tommo72

Of course they were. I find it laughable to suggest they got their tactics right. Their manager said it was their plan to restrict our oppprtunities.

Well considering they restricted us to 15 corners and 25 shots on goal, you have to say they got their tactics wrong. Their saving grace was that we forgot our shooting boots.

No doubt they were lucky and both their keeper and their manager have admitted as much.
Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Spot on Otis.

A repeat of those stats at Gresty Road could give us the return required.

Steve.B50

I agree with richo man
Was a good performance and we deserved something but it was not our night.
You can tell how many plastic fans were present as some booed at end.
Could never boo my team and especially after playing that well.
Crewe did well and played us in right way but anyone who booed team should be ashamed.

Otis

We did not deserve to be booed last night.

Played with spirit, showed fight, dominated possession and had 25 shot on goal.

That did not warrant any booing.

Mucca Mad Boys

They were lucky.

They set out to counter, hence the 3 counter attacking goals? :facepalm:

Because they sat back to counter, they were going to concede more shots, corners etc. against them.

I don't have FM anymore, but when I did, I rarely countered.

Users who are viewing this thread