Let's protest (1 Viewer)

Dinyull

I mean, I don't know what I'm protesting about or what I hope to achieve but hell let's just make some noise.

Is it just me or do a group of our fans sound like they're the cretins running up and down town/city centre's smashing shit up having no idea why they're doing it for?

Nick

Administrator
I remember last season when this big protest was going to happen after a game, we won that game and everybody forgot and went home! :thinking about:

Dinyull

I've got nowt against protesting, if they have a clear plan of what they're doing and what they want. But just posting shit up on here about turning our back in the 87th minute is moronic - most fans will have left then and the camera's won't pick it up because it'll only be block 15.

If your going to do it, start a thread asking for suggestions, contact the groups @ Liverpool, Man U, Exeter etc etc who have staged well planned protest's asking for advice, info etc, put a meeting together to outline your plans etc.

If you get a well thought out plan together you'll get on the local news, FL show, sky sports news etc. If not you'll (and our fan base) look like tits.

In reality only money will remove SISU, but if they know they really aren't wanted they'll step up the search for buyers.

Last edited:

Ccfc1979

I think there may be no need to plan anything soon. If the results continue as they are and we are losing and playing badly v Watford the crowd could spontaneously protest. And it will be the board, not manager or players this time, that'll cop it...not that any of the ones that count will be there.

Pigeon

If fans are going to protest it needs to be done properly. Before a game perhaps when Football League show (we may feature for 5 more seconds) or Sky camera's are around. CWR and Mercia would give it decent coverage. Fans just need to be proactive, we've been used to being walked over and helpless over the on goings of our club for so long now.

Covstu

i think the attitude of most fans will be not to bother however i think its vital that we make our feelings known to the powers that be. As i have said before the biggest impact is that people demonstrate outside of the ground and not go to the game however this is not going to happen!

ashbyjan

I think the best idea was a boycott of the Derby game - its on telly so you can still watch it and the Sky cameras might notice an empty stadium (well even emptier), the only lost revenue to the club would be the 2-3000 walk ups as the season ticket money has long since been borrowed against. Yes it might affect the players but chances are we are going to lose anyway. But it would need organising, publicising and getting the word to Sky and the local media. I would suggest the Sky Blue Trust but breweries and piss ups spring to mind. Something has to be done to make SISU realise they aren't wanted - they need to be embarrassed in the eyes of their investors and the crap job they are doing of managing our club highlighted - would you want to invest with a company that thought Cov City was a sound proposition? What we want is for them to drop their insistence of breaking even and getting all their money back. They didn't offer that deal to the previous owners and shareholders so they should just swallow it and write it off as a bad investment and move on. With £30-40 million worth off debt there isn't a hope in hell of anyone turning this club around, the only way is for SISU to write off a substantial proportion of the debt and allow someone a fighting chance of reviving this dying club.

stay_up_skyblues

I think boycotting the Derby game is a great shout! As long as the club are made aware its going to happen they will stand up and take notice if only a couple of thousand fans turn up.

Get Brinner on the case to arrange it!

ajsccfc

'SISU OUT'

Then what?

'HOFFMAN IN'

Why?

'HE'S A COV FAN'

So am I. Why not me in?

'HE HAS LOADS OF CONNECTIONS AND INVESTORS'

Can you name anyone confirmed to be interested in throwing money into Coventry City, which would separate these promises from those we heard from SISU?

'________________'

Gray

'SISU OUT'

Then what?

'HOFFMAN IN'

Why?

'HE'S A COV FAN'

So am I. Why not me in?

'HE HAS LOADS OF CONNECTIONS AND INVESTORS'

Can you name anyone confirmed to be interested in throwing money into Coventry City, which would separate these promises from those we heard from SISU?

'________________'

oooo i do love your angry cyber space side!

skyblueiom

As said previously, these things need to be organised properly with a common aim and not some wishy washy half baked plan written on the back of a fag packet. Dont underestimate the power of the (shrinking) fanbase, although it doesnt seem like it, SISU still need the fans. If the supporters have a well constructed plan of action, an organising committee and spokesmen then it is possible that SISU will talk (without all the bs), and we may also get an in to Gary Hoffman for some clarity on his proposals. Although I hate all of this public mud slinging I do think Mr H needs to clarify some of the areas that SISU seem to doubt with regard to his plans, and if a fans' protest committee starts gaining some traction then the fans might just help in saving the club. What I cant and dont understand is why we arent stronger as fans (shooting myself in the foot here probably, as I live in the Isle of Man now), we know we can generate averages of 20k+ so the base is there, yet nobody seems to want to really fight for the club......it wouldnt cost anyone anything to be part of an organised protest, yes it would need some organisation, but im sure there are enough die-hards who would be more than willing to step up if there was genuine desire to make a change. I guess with a track record of year upon year of disappointment fans become used to failure and bad news, and we have come to accept it over the seemingly endless seasons. The club is in a mess, maybe the fans can do something about it, but if you dont try you never know........its up to us!

ccfc luke

We seriously do need to do something, and in my opinion if we planned it well and a large proportion of the fans actually joined into the protest then it would be succesful and would make a difference. But it needs to be a LARGE proportion as in at least 5k fans need to either boycot, protest outside the ground, or whatever for it to work. Without significant media coverage then the boycott is not going to happen and it will only be 100 fans that dont turn up. In my opinion if there is to be a boycott there also needs to be something else to support it to make it clear to SISU why we are actually boycotting. E.g. Everyone turns up to the ricoh on match day but doesnt actually go in and just protest outside.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread