Let's Just Hope (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

We really can focus on the league now.

Not a fan of early cup exits (especially with our tendency to slump in the league!) but grasping at straws and all that, maybe we won't burn out while other teams will.

letsallsingtogether

Not a fan of early cup exits (especially with our tendency to slump in the league!) but grasping at straws and all that, maybe we won't burn out while other teams will.
What like last season lost to Worcester and then slipped future down the league.
Hope not though......
PUSB

Gazolba

Also, with a thin squad, less chance of players getting injured.

Covstu

Indont really get the 'it doesn't matter' comments, we lost again to a team who are virtually fading into existence. A cup run gives the team momentum and gets morale high, we now have all our eggs in one basket. Not happy

H

Huckerby

Indont really get the 'it doesn't matter' comments, we lost again to a team who are virtually fading into existence. A cup run gives the team momentum and gets morale high, we now have all our eggs in one basket. Not happy
Yeh what's to be happy about to be fair? 1 point from top of the league and the best football being played in years.

Get a grip son

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Yeh what's to be happy about to be fair? 1 point from top of the league and the best football being played in years.

Get a grip son

Not happy because we lost, I can't understand anyone being happy with that.....
Why go to the game if you are happy seeing them lose?
I will be upset until we get our next win.

H

Huckerby

I understand that, but give it some perspective? All of our eggs are in one basket, which we are doing very very well in.

letsallsingtogether

I understand that, but give it some perspective? All of our eggs are in one basket, which we are doing very very well in.

At the moment but when was the last time we finished the way we have started?
Hopefully it is this season, but to be honest I get upset when we draw away.
I want us to win every week get promotion by February then sit back and relax.

H

Huckerby

At the moment but when was the last time we finished the way we have started?
Hopefully it is this season, but to be honest I get upset when we draw away.
I want us to win every week get promotion by February then sit back and relax.
So hold on, people are now moaning because they are pre empting a slump in form second half?

I reckon cov fans are just miserable you know. We could be top of the premier league and fans would moan

letsallsingtogether

So hold on, people are now moaning because they are pre empting a slump in form second half?

I reckon cov fans are just miserable you know. We could be top of the premier league and fans would moan

Come on can you blame them when has anything gone right for us in the last 20 odd years?
I always feel we are going to get promoted or have a good Cup run, still feel we will be ok this year but don't want to be proved wrong yet again.

We have had nothing but religation battles, religation moved from our home lost our home to a rugby team have had too many owners who don't care, best players sold.

But hey let's win this league then we can all celibate

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I reckon cov fans are just miserable you know. We could be top of the premier league and fans would moan 

No they're just hoping there isn't a slump similar to last season

SkyBlue_Bear83

How do you mean all our eggs in one basket? It's not like we has a chance of winning the FA Cup is it? At the start of the season we could only realistically win two things, the JPT and promotion. Are eggs have been in one basket since the Yeovil match

H

Huckerby

Come on can you blame them when has anything gone right for us in the last 20 odd years?
I always feel we are going to get promoted or have a good Cup run, still feel we will be ok this year but don't want to be proved wrong yet again.

We have had nothing but religation battles, religation moved from our home lost our home to a rugby team have had too many owners who don't care, best players sold.

But hey let's win this league then we can all celibate
Well it's finally changing isn't it? At least it looks that way. Yet it's still all doom and gloom

rob9872

We have a thin squad, so going out of the cup is not disappointing for me. Whilst a cup run can build confidence, we won't pick up silly knocks that could cost us and the players will get a nice rest when other teams are possibly playing there games in a week. The early exit could help us and aid our league form.

stevefloyd

A good or decent cup run would have boosted our income.. ergo more money more chance of buying someone else to our thin squad

Astute

A good or decent cup run would have boosted our income.. ergo more money more chance of buying someone else to our thin squad

Or we could have gone out next round after picking up an injury or two.

letsallsingtogether

And the season before that, and the season before that, and thee season before that, and keep repeating......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Well you have said it all.........

Otis

And the season before that, and the season before that, and thee season before that, and keep repeating......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Good manager this time. Makes all the difference and it has clearly shown.

Biggest worry of course is losing the likes of Armstrong in the new year and mounting injuries.

George1

I for one would have loved to have seen us go on a mini cup run maybe get to the 3rd/4th round and see the squad play a top side to see how we would fair, whether it's through lack of squad depth or squad rotation some players can't play week in week out its a long season with 50+ games, hopefully some players who don't really get a look in will have enjoyed being in the squad today and will push on in the future.

Let's hope we get 3 points on Saturday, any idea of the number of fans we are taking?

mechaishida

Indeed, there is one goal now: promotion. TM is the most capable manager we've had since...well, haha, in a very, very long time. With a defensive signing, and capable cover for Armstrong, we'll achieve the goal.

Patience, belief and common sense will always prevail against emotional flapping.

Otis

Indeed, there is one goal now: promotion. TM is the most capable manager we've had since...well, haha, in a very, very long time. With a defensive signing, and capable cover for Armstrong, we'll achieve the goal.

Patience, belief and common sense will always prevail against emotional flapping.
No need to bring Lee Burge into it.

The Gentleman

The perspective is that if league form holds up it'll have been a good season, but there's now no margin for error and no chance to distract from a bad result or two with a big cup game.

Who's perspective? If league forms holds then there is a fantastic chance of promotion and I think I speak for most when I say that would be an amazing season. A good season would be mid table and a really good season would be top half after what we have been served up in recent seasons.

It is a very long season and they'll be many more ups and downs throughout it so if we lose a couple of games on the trot then it shouldn't have too big an impact as the same will happen to other teams around us. When people talk about having no margin for error then this usually heaps more pressure on players which in turn starts to affect the whole team and it's fans in a negative way. Every team will lose games in this league and every team will have blips.

Yes, be pissed off we lost but think about the next game being something where we can show what we have been doing all season and tap into that rather than thinking that if we lose again then has the bubble burst.

H

Huckerby

Who's perspective? If league forms holds then there is a fantastic chance of promotion and I think I speak for most when I say that would be an amazing season. A good season would be mid table and a really good season would be top half after what we have been served up in recent seasons.

It is a very long season and they'll be many more ups and downs throughout it so if we lose a couple of games on the trot then it shouldn't have too big an impact as the same will happen to other teams around us. When people talk about having no margin for error then this usually heaps more pressure on players which in turn starts to affect the whole team and it's fans in a negative way. Every team will lose games in this league and every team will have blips.

Yes, be pissed off we lost but think about the next game being something where we can show what we have been doing all season and tap into that rather than thinking that if we lose again then has the bubble burst.
Who do you think you are talking sense!?

Samo

All we've lost out on is a bit of cash. We were never going to win the cup obviously, and a 6-0 thumping by a Prem team in round 3 would have done nothing for morale.
For me, our eggs were always in the one basket and that's the basket we should be concentrating on.

mechaishida

Getting out of League One is my own personal expectation; I couldn't care less about Cup runs, 'cos let's face it, it's a distraction from our primary objective. All a cup run will generate is a few extra quid for the coffers, and yesterday, for me, was expected. So fucking what, we lost to Northampton, they needed and wanted it more.

Realistically, promotion is well within our grasp if: A. We get adequate cover defensively, and acquire a striker to support Arma who can actually score a few himself. And B. We increase Arma's loan in January and maintain a decent rhythm of consistency. We have a Premiership-grade manager at the helm, and it seems he may indeed get the realistic financial backing he asks for.

The only thing that can bollocks our league campaign up is: no defensive cover, no Arma come new year and a catastrophe in the boardroom. However, that's in the realms of hypothesis.

stupot07

Getting out of League One is my own personal expectation; I couldn't care less about Cup runs, 'cos let's face it, it's a distraction from our primary objective. All a cup run will generate is a few extra quid for the coffers, and yesterday, for me, was expected. So fucking what, we lost to Northampton, they needed and wanted it more.

Realistically, promotion is well within our grasp if: A. We get adequate cover defensively, and acquire a striker to support Arma who can actually score a few himself. And B. We increase Arma's loan in January and maintain a decent rhythm of consistency. We have a Premiership-grade manager at the helm, and it seems he may indeed get the realistic financial backing he asks for.

The only thing that can bollocks our league campaign up is: no defensive cover, no Arma come new year and a catastrophe in the boardroom. However, that's in the realms of hypothesis.

Only a few ifs then.....

turlykerd

I'm very fucked off with every defeat , but if we save loosing to cup comp and keep our current league form and position I'll take that anyday .

Users who are viewing this thread