Lets get this right (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Whatever the £5m is for, it won’t dig anybody out of the incoming mess. The writing’s on the wall.

NorthernWisdom

The stadium that is used exclusively by Wasps with no public rights of access at all
Not arguing the rights of the grant, but they do hold free things there for the community at times. I have been there for a free event where I got a free bacon batch!

(Car parking was an arm and a leg mind you. More than s CCFC rental deal for 10 years I reckon. Next time I'll take the bus and cost them the batch!)

Happy_Martian

You forgot to mention they’ve also just been handed £5m of taxpayers money.

Just heard that "top flight English Rugby" is starting again in the next week or so but behind closed doors. But DON'T WORRY ! BTSports are going to show all the games. Wonder how much money they've dumped into the clubs to get the rights to show them ?

chiefdave

Just heard that "top flight English Rugby" is starting again in the next week or so but behind closed doors. But DON'T WORRY ! BTSports are going to show all the games. Wonder how much money they've dumped into the clubs to get the rights to show them ?
Not much above what they already pay for the rights I wouldn’t have thought. Despite the distinct lack of anything else to show they’re not even bothering to put half the games on TV, they’ll be available on the BT Sport app!

Moff

I think they already hold the rights, so Wasps wont be seeing very much of just about bugger all. Happy days! :)

fernandopartridge

Not arguing the rights of the grant, but they do hold free things there for the community at times. I have been there for a free event where I got a free bacon batch!

(Car parking was an arm and a leg mind you. More than s CCFC rental deal for 10 years I reckon. Next time I'll take the bus and cost them the batch!)

That isn't a right of access though is it? It's discretionary on the part of Wasps

D

Deleted member 2477

Interestingly it looks like wasps have leased car park c to a haulage company with it now full of trucks. I wonder what the deal is on that as if we returned they would need to kick them out to allow away fans coaches and parking. Does make you wonder if they never had any intention of allowing us back

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The stadium that is used exclusively by Wasps with no public rights of access at all

The money has been earmarked for the exhibition/conference facilities that can be rented out.

Of course it seems Wasps are going to benefit most from this as the joint owners of them and the stadium get a lot of money to improve the stadium and I don't think this was the best use of the funds (certainly not the significant amount they were given).

Grendel

The money has been earmarked for the exhibition/conference facilities that can be rented out.

Of course it seems Wasps are going to benefit most from this as the joint owners of them and the stadium get a lot of money to improve the stadium and I don't think this was the best use of the funds (certainly not the significant amount they were given).

It can only be rented out by wasps holdings and at their total discretion and pricing policy

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It can only be rented out by wasps holdings and at their total discretion and pricing policy

Where did I say it wasn't?

It was being intimated that no-one else could use the facilities that are being upgraded which isn't correct. Then as I also said Wasps owners will benefit because they will be the ones renting it out.

I'm sure they would argue that upgrading the facilities to make it more competitive to other nearby facilities say in Brum so these events will bring people to the area and spending money in the local area.

It's a weak argument as these events will be very irregular and chances are most of their spend would be in the stadium complex given it's quite isolated from other facilties other than Arena retail and I can't see a bit of extra spend either in Tesco/BK being significant.

shepardo01

????
For lying about their book-keeping?
For lying on their planning application for training ground?
For lying in their public statements?
For lying about the indemnity?

Or is it just their finances?

tisza

Not much above what they already pay for the rights I wouldn’t have thought. Despite the distinct lack of anything else to show they’re not even bothering to put half the games on TV, they’ll be available on the BT Sport app!
With an average view of around 170,000 per normal live TV game does it really matter :)

wingy

I've been wondering if the current situation could be a catylist to get an ITV deal mark 2

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

????
For lying about their book-keeping?
For lying on their planning application for training ground?
For lying in their public statements?
For lying about the indemnity?

Or is it just their finances?

Wasn't that long ago those same questions could've been asked of CCFC when we kept on changing the board every five minutes.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Those same questions? When were ccfc accused of falsifying the accounts? We haven’t lied about a training ground application either?

They were very evasive over Ryton and the housing application and what this would mean. There is also the issue of being 'three weeks from buying land for a new stadium'.

NorthernWisdom

They were very evasive over Ryton and the housing application and what this would mean. There is also the issue of being 'three weeks from buying land for a new stadium'.
The plan was for training facilities and stadium to be combined at the same site 3-4 years ago.

Oh, and the accounts were a bit of a mess. No matter how hard we tried, we just couldn't find that golden share.

Not sure we're in a position to claim too much superiority from our glass house. They're all prepared to push things to the edge - when did sport become who could contrive the best financial trickery? By all means point out Wasps haven't exactly been whiter than white in isolation, but the comparison just isn't worth trying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread