Lessons Learnt? (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Did anybody like myself learn from their mistake against Preston and stay until the final whistle today, or did anybody leave early again and miss the equaliser?

Evo1883

Did anybody like myself learn from their mistake against Preston and stay until the final whistle today, or did anybody leave early again and miss the equaliser?

Went for a piss before leaving and as I left the toilet heard the roar .. never mind

Evo1883

I left Watford a few years back at 2-0 down .. and it was 2-2 by the time I got 200 yards from the ground 🤣

Hobo

People that leave with about 15 mins left. I wont call them fans.

Otis

I’ve left early once and will never do it again.

You don’t go to the cinema and walk out before the film is over so I don’t know why people do it at football.
Because they usually know the ending.😉

If you went to the cinema to watch a whodunnit and it revealed the killer 15 mins before the end and then the ending just fizzled out, you might not stay maybe.

This season has been different though for sure. After the first couple of times, you would start to stay wouldn't you. As has been said, you learn the lesson.

Previous seasons and we have gone a goal down and it HAS been game over.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Left early today for only the second time. Only other time was QPR. As I walked up the stairs to the arena shopping park we scored. Learnt my lesson and won’t again - I was just so disillusioned with their time wasting

SeaSeeEffCee

There are a few near me who turn up 10 minutes later every game, go down for half time on 35 minutes and leave on 80 every week without fail. Makes you wonder what the point of spending £300 on a ticket is if you’re only going to watch 2/3rds of every game.

Tommo1993

Think I’ve only left one game early. The relegation season when Cambridge thumped us out the cup at their place. On about 65 mins, awful season and couldn’t stomach any more of that game

clint van damme

Think I’ve only left one game early. The relegation season when Cambridge thumped us out the cup at their place. On about 65 mins, awful season and couldn’t stomach any more of that game

I spent more time in Las Iguanas than I did in the ground that season.
On the plus side, found out that even in the cold depths of a Midlands winter I can carry off a sombrero.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I’ve left early once and will never do it again.

You don’t go to the cinema and walk out before the film is over so I don’t know why people do it at football.
Do you stay for all the credits as well, just in case?

Travs

Only time i've ever left early was Burnley away, either shortly before or after we beat Manchester United at Old Trafford (2006 or 2007?)

2 down, abysmal performance. Heard two roars as we walked up the street away from the ground, and Adi Akinbiyi had scored another two in injury time to make it 4-0

Covkid1968#

Left 10 mins to go….. had to be somewhere so wanted to avoid the chaos of the car park. Celebrated in the car though

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m the opposite, I regularly turn up to games right at KO or a few minutes late and actually missed our first goal yesterday. Plonker.

This season, you’d be a fool to leave our games early! Most stoppage time goals in Europe!

stevefloyd

Not made the mistake in years but I did today. The second half was just atrocious to watch and couldn't wait to get out of there. Playing snooker with my Blackburn supporting mate as we speak though..... ;)
I dread to think of what that actually means

Sick Boy

Bristol Rovers during the first season back in League 1. It absolutely pissed it down for most of the game and we were shite - I think we were 3-0 down within 15/20 mins.

It’sabatch87

Bristol Rovers during the first season back in League 1. It absolutely pissed it down for most of the game and we were shite - I think we were 3-0 down within 15/20 mins.
Same here, I don’t think I’ve ever been as cold a wet at a game.
Also Rovers on a Boxing Day a couple of years before?
The earliest i left was about 25 mins at the hawthorns in the mid eighties, mind you I got told to by ob as I was loud and intoxicated.
Long walk back in the dark alone to Smethwick Rolfe street though!!

Users who are viewing this thread