Leonard Brody ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Just read the article on Leonard Brody in the C.E.T. In it he classes himself as co-owner now I am certain I have read statements from Joy Sepalla describing herself as THE owner. so that would be a bit of a contradiction. If Brody is co-owner can he sell his bit ? Said in the paper to be just less than 10%. He's obviously invested a few bob in what has become a bit of a failed venture, just wondered had our Trust approached him for his views, apparently he comes over here from time to time. According to the paper still preaching his barmy "text a sub" mantra.

Martin84

Yanks and Canucks don't have a clue about football. I suspect sepalla may be from the region along with her cronies

CJ_covblaze

We wrote to him about them a few years ago. Didn't even receive a holding reply.

Frankley

Could try again perhaps.CJ, try anything. That "yank" Martin is Canadian so technically a British subject perhaps we could write to her majesty to lean on him a bit !

Martin said "yanks and canucks" 'Canuck' is a slang term for Canadians. Also, Canadians stopped being technically 'British Subjects' decades ago.

Frankley

Just read the article on Leonard Brody in the C.E.T. In it he classes himself as co-owner now I am certain I have read statements from Joy Sepalla describing herself as THE owner. so that would be a bit of a contradiction. If Brody is co-owner can he sell his bit ? Said in the paper to be just less than 10%. He's obviously invested a few bob in what has become a bit of a failed venture, just wondered had our Trust approached him for his views, apparently he comes over here from time to time. According to the paper still preaching his barmy "text a sub" mantra.

This is just another Simon Gilbert/CT stirring article, isn't it? Reading the article, it seems the CT didn't speak to Brody direct and they haven't even got the name of the magazine they've lifted the material from correct (it's 'B & T', not 'Bandt'). A link to the original article is here: http://www.bandt.com.au/media/newspapers-pull-pay-walls-off-leonard-brody

The CT headline reads 'Coventry City co-owner Leonard Brody still pushing 'text a sub idea', but in the 'B & T' article Brody doesn't even mention texting.

I suppose what I would find quite interesting to know is how the CT came across an article in what seems to be a fairly obscure magazine published on the other side of the planet. Does it mean the CT is employing people to trawl the internet looking for this stuff - if so it strikes me as being pretty desperate journalism (gotta fill those column inches.

CJ_covblaze

Could try again perhaps.CJ, try anything. That "yank" Martin is Canadian so technically a British subject perhaps we could write to her majesty to lean on him a bit !

We discussed it recently but we didn't want to buy a small percentage of tens of millions of debt when it would be of no real benefit. Need around 20% for it to be worthwhile.

I was eleven in 87

Give him some slack he is our proud owner.....

"Not only is he rewriting the rules of soccer as the proud owner of Coventry City Football Club, he’s also got some forecasts about the ever-changing media landscape."

I'm glad he bought us....

"It may seem unusual at first glance for a Canadian to buy an English football club, Coventry City, but Brody wanted to be involved at the base economic unit of a professional sports club to see the rewrite happen."

He also has experience in the game.....

"Brody, a very devoted football fan since his lawyer days as a professional football player agent, thinks that having fans more involved in both team and game level is an excellent paradigm."

Frankley

You have to keep digging Frankley hoping something happens to help change things, the fact Brody has called himself a co-owner makes him a legitimate target in my book doesn't matter where it comes from or who

You seem to have missed the point that the CT article is absolutely misleading, it talks of 'text a sub', but the source article doesn't mention this at all. To me the CT seems to just be stirring.

skybluetony176

You seem to have missed the point that the CT article is absolutely misleading, it talks of 'text a sub', but the source article doesn't mention this at all. To me the CT seems to just be stirring.

You could read text a sub into this "Brody, a very devoted football fan since his lawyer days as a professional football player agent, thinks that having fans more involved in both team and game level is an excellent paradigm." OK he doesn't specifically say text a sub but it was his idea and it was about fan involvement.

Nick

Administrator
You have to keep digging Frankley hoping something happens to help change things, the fact Brody has called himself a co-owner makes him a legitimate target in my book doesn't matter where it comes from or who
It isn't digging. It's copying from another article and twisting it to put their agenda across.

Still no time to help push the legacy fund though. It's embarrassing, it really is. It's the dregs of the barrel stuff.

Nick

Administrator
You could read text a sub into this "Brody, a very devoted football fan since his lawyer days as a professional football player agent, thinks that having fans more involved in both team and game level is an excellent paradigm." OK he doesn't specifically say text a sub but it was his idea and it was about fan involvement.
He doesn't mention it, it's spin. Maybe they couldn't get an ex player to comment after they briefed them to get 3 or 4 articles out of.

Frankley

You're right, he doesn't mention texting.

Frankley

The B & T article reports Brody as "...the proud owner of Coventry City Football Club...". It also says Brody used to be a player agent and describes him as being a devoted football fan.

The stuff that's been published about Brody (not in the CT) seems to suggest he may the capital to buy the club outright from SISU. It doesn't seem there are that many people out there queuing up to buy the club, perhaps people shouldn't be writing stuff to pi** him off.

I was eleven in 87

The B & T article reports Brody as "...the proud owner of Coventry City Football Club...". It also says Brody used to be a player agent and describes him as being a devoted football fan.

The stuff that's been published about Brody (not in the CT) seems to suggest he may the capital to buy the club outright from SISU. It doesn't seem there are that many people out there queuing up to buy the club, perhaps people shouldn't be writing stuff to pi** him off.

Would it be worth the Sky Blue Trust approaching him about buying his stake in the club? If they are serious about fan ownership of course.

I was eleven in 87

I think whoever buys us if they ever did is also going to buy debt.
Just thought that if we had a chunk we could at least try and influence some decisions at board level?

CJ_covblaze

Oh right yes I see now.

I don't know enough about these things, but is even something of nothing better than nothing?
The bit of the businesses he owns a small stake in has the debt and not much else.

rupert_bear

I thought the debts were sorted during the administration process, if I remember correct the business with the debt was wound up and we went with Otium Entertainment.

letsallsingtogether

It isn't digging. It's copying from another article and twisting it to put their agenda across.

Still no time to help push the legacy fund though. It's embarrassing, it really is. It's the dregs of the barrel stuff.
Your right it is embarrassing.
We had a thread on this earlier in the week.
How many on here read it?
Of those how many actually donated?
Nick they don't care I know it is a big thing for you but most fans don't care.
Must have been 80 posters plus that read that thread, I think only one felt the urge to click on the link and donate we are where we are.

Users who are viewing this thread