Leon - frustrated with Sky Blues ! (1 Viewer)

VegetableSamosa

"It is understood that Clarke has grown frustrated at Coventry's stance regarding Wolves' pursuit of his services."

His services. Says it all really.

CCFCSteve

We're not a charity leon. You're under contract and until wolves put in a suitable offer why would we sell ?!

westofrayne

Is this guy for real?.....?

Yes he can go but only at the right price! Until then you are contracted to Cov, growup and get over it

Paddy9239

I don't begrudge him a move, he's 28, needs a good three year deal and signing on fee for the future but his handling of the situation is woeful. Need a striker this week, proven at this level so we can get him out the door.

Bob Latchford

aawww bless.

ccfc92

What I don't understand is there was no interest from Wolves, until LC/CET said he wanted to go there.

Now he's suddenly their number 1 target?

Plus when they get promoted, what will he do then? He won't be their number 1 striker in the championship IMO

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry but that's rubbish, City have stated that they don't really intend to sell but have said it will take a ridiculous offer and have even hinted that if a player came in the other way then negotiations might be easier, if Wolves can't process that information it's their fault and Leon should concentrate on giving 100% I did notice that some fans were chanting "Yam, Yam, Yam, Yam" at him last night but I think people were annoyed with his performance..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster

First down the tunnel after the game at Preston. Rest of the team gave us applause from the half way line (and SP) . His heads gone , shows in his football ,goodbye Leon

wingy

I am sorry but that's rubbish, City have stated that they don't really intend to sell but have said it will take a ridiculous offer and have even hinted that if a player came in the other way then negotiations might be easier, if Wolves can't process that information it's their fault and Leon should concentrate on giving 100% I did notice that some fans were chanting "Yam, Yam, Yam, Yam" at him last night but I think people were annoyed with his performance..

I'm guessing that's what Jacket meant when he said in interview that he expected there to be several offers ,hinting that indeed we are asking a high price ,so Leon must be Informed that they're not going to match it by making this comment.

Diehard Si

He's never one for loyalty. We knew that when we signed him as he never stays in one place long. Grass is not always greener Leon.

RoboCCFC90

I'm guessing that's what Jacket meant when he said in interview that he expected there to be several offers ,hinting that indeed we are asking a high price ,so Leon must be Informed that they're not going to match it by making this comment.

Well Leon has a contract City have a right to value his contract at an acceptable price.. #SuckItUpLeon

ccfc92

If he doesn't get sold, Bomb Squad?

Just looks uninterested now. I would of thought he would of put in a performance last night, add to his chance of a transfer?

gouldberg

If I was Wolves I'd seriously be considering if I actually want him at the club. Arrogant, no loyalty and when he wants out his performances drop off noticeably. Last night he looked lazy and uninterested. I'll be glad to get that attitude away from our dressing room but i'm surprised Wolves are still pursuing him with the way he's currently handling himself.

thaiskyblue

MORE CLUBS THAN PETER SRINGFELLOW, I THINK HE'S BEEN HERE AN ENTERNITY BY HIS OWN STANDARDS. i THINK BEST TO GET THIS DEAL SORTED OUT AND TRY FOR REPLACENMTS ASAP

mark82

Agree with most comments on here, however, there are no direct quotes. Guess it's probably his agent rocking the boat.

If Wolves want him that badly they need to pay our asking price. If they cannot afford it then Leon stays. Simple. We do not need or want to sell so the price will be inflated.

Lorksalordy

Ship him off now for as much as possible. He seems to be reverting to type. Cannot imagine Pressley is taking kindly to his spoilt toddler antics. Thanks for the goals and now let's get someone who wants to play for us.

woody11462

Frustrated? Why the fuck should he feel frustrated? He's been here for 12 months and is being paid a wage he was happy to agree to 12 months ago. Here he is playing his most consistent football of his career, he is the leagues top scorer, yet he thinks he should be allowed to go on the cheap?

He gave an interview not so long ago saying that he won't let transfer talk effect him and until the club accept a bid he will carry on as normal. Well time to stick by those words! He's handed in this request just as things were starting to look up on the pitch. We've lost Wilson to injury and need Clarke more than ever and he does this. I'm not saying that he has to put his life on hold for us but he should conduct himself in a certain way if he has any class about him and reports like this shows he does not give a shit about the club.

wingy

Bomb him out ,it's only going to end badly ,let this manager get on with it ,down to 6 days of window now ,when we started the season 5-6 six down he needs to be backed ,or admit It's season over.

Leon is frustrated at not being allowed to go to Wolves.......

How does he think the fans and his team mates feel with his woeful finishing last night?

ccfcway

i must have been watching a dfifferent game, as last night I saw a League One quality striker putting himself about against one of the meanest defences in the europe and nearly scored a couple of times.

He finishing is exactly why he is league one and not above it.

Last edited:

ccfcway

This season so far, we have averaged 14 shots on goal per game, getting 42% of them on target

Last night was had 8 shots, of which 3 were on target, one of which hit the post.

We didnt do that bad !

Hobo

We were playing with 10 men while leon trotted about without switching on one sweat gland.

Moussa battled, tried to win the ball, hold it up and play it back into midfield. He was all over the place while Clarke trotted about. Not once did he really put an Arsenal player under pressure.

His hardworking team mates played him in three times times for him to show League 1 is his level.

He hit the post when he had all the goal at his mercy, it kicked off an Arsenal shin otherwise it was going well wide.

5 from me when all the others were 7 or 8.

skybluefred

This season so far, we have averaged 14 shots on goal per game, getting 42% of them on target

Last night was had 8 shots, of which 3 were on target, one of which hit the post.

We didnt do that bad ![/QUOTE

You are trying to defend the indefensible. Last night Leon had four clear cut chances and made woeful attempts
to score, he even contrived to hit the post when it was easier to score.
The sad thing is if Wolves had anybody watching last night he didn't do his chances any good. We need players
who want to play for the Club not mercenaries who are just after the next buck.

japandy

From what I've heard this rumour is not Leon's doing. It's coming from two sources, his agent and Wolves themselves. Talking to a few people last night apparently Wolves have contacted him (via his agent) and told him to get City to lower the price. Apparently his agent has a few Wolves players and is based in the Black country.

Users who are viewing this thread