Leon-el Clarke Issues Apology to all former clubs (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Good blog. I know we lost which is what matters ultimately but we must be encouraged at least by the 2nd half performance. I know its Bury etc but they have spent money and are in the top 6 with us, to go there and for majority of 2nd half absolutely dominate is a good sign. Just need more at the very top forward line espeically away games.

Warwickhunt

well written keep em coming

Joy Division

Excellent as usual. Actually lol'd in the office reading this, party because its true and partly because I've been 'that guy' at the party

"I equated it to like seeing your ex for the first time in ages. The break up was acrimonious and you were definitely up for staying together. Alas she did one and you gradually pulled yourself together. Then you see her at a party and she is looking v decent. Stupidly you decide to start ostentatiously flirting with some other girl in full view of the one that got away, knowing that it will royally p her off. She takes it in her stride, remains calm, gets a drink, hangs out, and then gets with the closest thing to a Calvin Klein model in attendance at this imaginary party, right in front of you. Maybe if you hadn’t baited her she wouldn’t have got off with anyone at all. Maybe she would have kept it civil and maybe even spoken to you. But ohhhh no – you had to kick the hornets’ nest with your childish little squawks. Leon got with the model repeatedly – so to speak – and seemed to enjoy it an awful lot."

JWC

Great stuff.

Thanks for summing this up for me better than I ever could. I have an agitated mumble under my breath about this at least once a game -

'I am by no means an expert on football (or anything for that matter – except for maybe booking advance train tickets) but listen up for a second ‘Forward’ brigade. This is how League One football works – as was proven repeatedly on Saturday. If you keep the ball for more than 25 seconds, the opposition get a bit bored, a bit tired, and a bit confused (because it is such a novelty in the third tier of English hoofball) and suddenly, out of nowhere, gaps that weren’t apparent ten seconds before, suddenly become very apparent, and it becomes possible to make progress, and travel forth into the fabled land of ‘Forward’ you so crave. So please – be quiet'.

Users who are viewing this thread