Leon Clarke (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Seen Stuart linnel mentioned on Twitter there is a rumour (keyword) going around that we could be getting him back .
I for one would take him , almost guaranteed to score us 20 goals at this level and is good with his head .
How would you feel about him returning , Whoever is upfront next season will get fed well by ghadzev IMO and will flourish here

Last edited:

matesx

he is ideal for this league

id be very happy to see him back

ccfcmad1

Scores goals at the end of the day be daft not to have him back given the choice. Is he available on a free transfer or still contracted at Bury?

tom88

Personally I would welcome him back with a clean slate. He is a proven goal scorer at this level.

Yes he may have left a bad taste in some Cov fans mouths when he left, but in my opinion it could be deeper than him wanting more money

When he left the manger was Pressley, who had not got a good track record with our senior players when he was in charge, after the Worcester FA cup game springs to mind, bomb squad, Carl Baker being shipped out etc.

I would only offer him 1 year with 1 year option on Cov's favour

torchomatic

Fine by me. He scores goals.

the rumpo kid

if we had, him and Armstrong this season im sure we would have been promoted, and Armstrong would have been nearer 30 goals.

ccfclinney

Neil lamptey podcast gave good insight .. Kieran crowley said mowbray looked at him last year and is also this year .. Wait and see I guess

SkyBlueScottie

It's a yes for me, a carefully worded interview, along the lines of "I had a dream of going back to Wolves, didn't work out so now I have the chance to return to where I played my best football, blah blah blah" then smashes a few in and everybody would have forgotten about him leaving previously.

torchomatic

Agree Scottie. All players want to better themselves and earn more cash. Playing for their hometown club is an even bigger thing to resist.

It's a yes for me, a carefully worded interview, along the lines of "I had a dream of going back to Wolves, didn't work out so now I have the chance to return to where I played my best football, blah blah blah" then smashes a few in and everybody would have forgotten about him leaving previously.

Si80

We shipped JOB out because he was a pain in the arse. Do you think Mowbray would bring in another? No chance he's coming back imo.

But I agree with the above, he would have been perfect for Armstrong to play alongside.

Calista

if we had, him and Armstrong this season im sure we would have been promoted, and Armstrong would have been nearer 30 goals.

I agree - call me old fashioned, but you can't expect a team of lightweights to get promoted out of this league, no matter how good they are to watch. Some days, you need at least one brute up front, preferably a goal-scoring brute. And as you say, the others are then likely to score more goals too because they'll get more space.

Londonccfcfan

There's no doubt he's a top class striker at this level. No striker can guarantee 20-25 goals but he's a close as we can afford to get at this level. I'd welcome him back no doubt!

He's still got two years left on his contract at Bury so will command a fee. However Bury are currently looking to reduce their wage bill so we may be in with a chance. Let's not forget we did get a fee from Wolves when he ditched us in somewhat acrimonious circumstances. I'd have a back as he's a proven goal scorer at this level.

stupot07

He's still got two years left on his contract at Bury so will command a fee. However Bury are currently looking to reduce their wage bill so we may be in with a chance. Let's not forget we did get a fee from Wolves when he ditched us in somewhat acrimonious circumstances. I'd have a back as he's a proven goal scorer at this level.
Not necessarily, bury have overstretched their wage bill and he wikk be one of the highest earners, Mk Dons didn't pay us a penny for baker, or Gillingham for Cody and both were still in contract.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Sure I saw something about Bury being in financial difficulties and preparing to stage
a fire-sale, so available yes ,the amount would depend if there's others interested.

I would take him back in a shot.

skybluetony176

Not sure how I feel about this to be honest. I don't have an issue with the history, just not convinced he'll be anywhere near as good as he was before. It's feels like it would be Sheffers all over again.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He actually said something not to dissimilar to that when he left

Said he enjoyed his time at Coventry and it was a difficult decision to leave but the pull of Wolves was too great.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not necessarily, bury have overstretched their wage bill and he wikk be one of the highest earners, Mk Dons didn't pay us a penny for baker, or Gillingham for Cody and both were still in contract.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Both of them were considered surplus to requirements at the time though

chiefdave

Players never seem to do well second time round. Mowbray would also need to be sure his attitude is right. Don't want to get to Xmas with him having a good start and deciding to leave.

Nathccfc

Can someone please explain to me the hype about Paddy Madden? Granted the last 2 seasons he has scored a good number of goals, but I really don't know what sort of player he is? Can anyone shed some light on this? Target man? Fast? Both?

Users who are viewing this thread