Leon Clarke (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Going to Crawley on a season long loan. An absolutely embarrassment for him and Wolves!

Would anyone have him back!? I would straight away.

Grendel

I thought when Clarke left he the sited their stadium as a factor in the decision.

Is the Crawley ground that good then?

Chipfat

If Clarke does become available Crawley would not be the only L1 club in for him, i would imagine the likes of Sheff Utd, Barnsley, Bristol C, MK Dons, peterboro and Donny could pay enough to allow wolves to let him go...He has made a very good living out of moving between championship and L1, i would not be shocked if he signed a perm deal with one of the above if he goes on loan first.

chiefdave

I thought when Clarke left he the sited their stadium as a factor in the decision.

Leon Clarke said:
“I know there are Coventry fans who are going to be disappointed and I would say that while I was keen to move to Wolves it was still a difficult decision to leave Coventry.“It was a difficult situation for me there in the end but when the opportunity did come to move to Wolves it was something that was always going to interest me.
There are a lot of things at Wolves that appealed to me. The stadium, the ambition of the club, where they are striving to be.
“To be able to be a part of that is really encouraging for anyone potentially joining the club.
“There is the chance to go for automatic promotion and that was another factor in my decision.”

Crawley ground is OK. Pretty small, probably around 5K but relatively modern.

I imagine if you've been told you're not in the managers plans and they're sending you out on loan you don't have a lot of choice. Can't imagine it would go down well if he refused to go.

bringbackrattles

He goes to Wolves when we needed him and now he's back in League One with Crawley.
What a piss take that is but he's all for himself so good riddance.And as for taking him back it shows that some fans have lost all pride in our club if they want him back.He left us at a crucial time of the season,breaking up a great strike partnership in the process.

Hobo

That was his reason for joining Wolves not going out on loan. He took a gamble it has back fired. The only saving grace was Wolves were his boyhood club and had a point to prove. I can't blame him for that.

Trouble with Clarke he has good and bad points. Not always motivated which was clear v Arsenal.

junglej13

In fairness to Clarke his comment about the Wolves ground has merit and it could be argued it was indirect potshot at our owners. Im sure the additional wages were also a minor factor in him leaving as well mind!

Kingokings204

Why cant we go in for a loan for him? maybe offset some payment against his wages so would in effect be free to an extent? Wilson and Clarke can get us promoted as we saw. Its just the ambition of the owners really.

We as fans may not be on board straight away but no doubts about his quality and once a few goals go in then we all love him again as per the fickle football fans rule. As for loyalty doesn't matter as he would be a loan player. win win.

Kingokings204

Fuck Clarke

Fuck a great player for us and helped keep us up in the first half of the season, fuck the same player who was worth almost £1m to us as a club, fuck the same player who is undoubtedly a great player at this level and is a top 6 player?

Keep sisu in though hey?

NorthernWisdom

In fairness to Clarke his comment about the Wolves ground has merit and it could be argued it was indirect potshot at our owners. Im sure the additional wages were also a minor factor in him leaving as well mind!

Whenever anybody moves anywhere, it's not like the player announces the place is a shithole, but nobody else would sign them.

Covstu

Clearly a poor buy from Wolves as they are shipping him out so soon. You cannot get much commitment from a loan player nevermind one that left the club and cited specific problems. I wouldnt say no completely but i would rather concentrate on someone who is going to be more comitted to the club than Clarke.

PVA

To be fair at the moment it's just a rumour that Crawley are interested in him. To say that Clarke is joining Crawley is adding 2 + 2 and getting 7.

I'm sure he will leave Wolves and it may well be to Crawley but it is just an initial rumour.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat to be honest.

stupot07

To be fair at the moment it's just a rumour that Crawley are interested in him. To say that Clarke is joining Crawley is adding 2 + 2 and getting 7.

I'm sure he will leave Wolves and it may well be to Crawley but it is just an initial rumour.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat to be honest.

And you could never accuse anyone on here of doing that....

ccfctommy

Why on earth did Wolves pay nearly pay a million quid for him?!

Get him back asap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

J

Jack Griffin

Get him back asap!

Did they pay so much, I doubt it. Probably £500K + bonuses, which will now never be paid. He ain't coming back, not a chance.

Covstu

Get him back asap!

Why did Chelsea pay £50M for Torres, why did Liverpool pay £35M for Carroll? All because he had a price tag doesnt mean he was a great player. The reason for his success here was he was the focal point of every attack and at Wolves he wasnt.

Astute

I don't want him back. we have a poor record on players that re-sign for us after leaving.

Hobo

Get him back asap!

He was bought to get goals and get them promoted. For them always a short term deal. They got the goals and got promoted, they probably aren't bothered that Clarke got 1, they got the job done.

Their promotion has more than off set their outlay. Perhaps his arrival kicked a couple of existing players up the ass, who knows.

Skyblueweeman

I wouldn't.

In fact, I'd use him as an example to the likes of Fleck, Thomas, Christie, Wilson etc. I know money speaks but if you're at a club where you're adored (particularly after his journeyman past), you're the focal point of the team, you're successful and you're being talked about, why risk it?

I guess I've just answered my own question...money. No loyalty.

WM

Monners

Wouldn't want him back. Good player at our level, but he would probably upset the dressing room (if we have enough players to fill it).

RoboCCFC90

If Leon was available I'd take him back.. Leon scores goals and in a season where they could become desperately vital for any Club the prospect of Leon and Callum up front again would suit me happily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiahorse

If Leon was available I'd take him back.. Leon scores goals and in a season where they could become desperately vital for any Club the prospect of Leon and Callum up front again would suit me happily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't buying Clarke stop a potential high flying competitor dead in their tracks?

Ian1779

If he was prepared to apologise to the fans and admit he was wrong I'd take him back in a heartbeat.
Not saying he would actually do that of course.

Users who are viewing this thread