Leon Best? Surely a wind up!! (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

There has just appeared on Newsnow.co.uk an article which appears to be published by Click Lancashire.

This article clearly suggests that Blackburn Rovers want to remove Leon Best from their pay roll.

It mentions a 'Falling out' after being dropped from the team which played Doncaster Rovers.

It further suggests that Coventry City F.C. are interested in him.

The publication seems genuine???

Nick

Administrator
I wonder what happened? Didn't Blackburn sign Rhodes while Best was injured so don't really need him now?

6 Generations

I wonder what happened? Didn't Blackburn sign Rhodes while Best was injured so don't really need him now?
I think they did. But he is surely,at least of Championship standard. It is therefore doubtful that he would drop down to League one. that is, of course, unless there is an intention to free up wages by releasing Baker and Clarke.

ricohman

Didnt he get a hard time from the fans here, for that reason alone he wouldnt come back. Another reason, playing in front of 1500 fans at home

Paxman II

True or not I don't see what Best would bring to our team. He is a lethargic player with no pace and frankly Clarke scores for fun at this level and the pace of Wilson in that partnership is far better than a sluggish Leon Best would bring. I would hope this is not true.

bringbackrattles

The Masked man back at Cov ?If it's true that would mean Clarke or Baker out and Leon in then ?
That would appease many fans I guess but I recall Leon getting a lot of stick from a section of City supporters,
but hey what's new ?

He wouldn't be welcome without his mask. Let's be fair there was nothing wrong with his face towards the end of his spell at CCFC but he wore it as a lucky charm. He really hit a good run if I recall.

WillieStanley

He just didn't look bothered until his contract was running out. The guy has far too much of an ego for our team up-coming youth and misfits come good. I remember one particular chance which summed up his whole spell with City - he skillfully took the ball past 3 players, was 1 on 1 at goal and just threw a lazy weak shot that went wide of goal with all the time in the world. I can't remember who it was against. Then out came the mask and he went hell for leather to get himself another club. He's just another bad memory of a time when we had great resources but a bad manager and underperforming players. Even at L1, I'd rather have Leon Clarke who has a point to prove and is proving it.

RoboCCFC90

Can't surely be true can it?

Covstu

Didnt he get a hard time from the fans here, for that reason alone he wouldnt come back. Another reason, playing in front of 1500 fans at home

yes he got a roasting everytime he touched the ball in the end, we have about as much chance of getting Bellemy back that Best!

Users who are viewing this thread