Leicester winning again ! (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

They're going to stay up, I'm sure of it. For decades there was nothing between us and these backward knicker stitchers. similar support, similar finances. They somehow then got a Thai billionaire investor and we got a fucking money grabbing hedge fund and the rest was history, now we are poles apart !
Yes I'm bitter !

rupert_bear

We might have the nightmare scenerio of against all odds a month ago Leicester staying up, Villa staying up, Villa winning the cup and us going down !! Have anice day.

skybluebeduff

Someones clearly showing love here to the dark side. You clearly need Jedi love back on your side. Remember the force is strong!

Godiva

They're going to stay up, I'm sure of it. For decades there was nothing between us and these backward knicker stitchers. similar support, similar finances. They somehow then got a Thai billionaire investor and we got a fucking money grabbing hedge fund and the rest was history, now we are poles apart !
Yes I'm bitter !

'Money Grabbing' may be a bit harsh as they have never taken a penny out of the club.
The main difference is that our owners have only invested some £25m while Leicester's owner has invested almost £150m.

Hobo

How much did they rip off the builder for their stadium? The rules were changed after their antics weren't they and rightly so!

We are still paying for being a bit more honourable.

Ashdown

'Money Grabbing' may be a bit harsh as they have never taken a penny out of the club.
The main difference is that our owners have only invested some £25m while Leicester's owner has invested almost £150m.

Money grabbing in that that was their only intention. In truth Mr Ranson allegedly walked away with a pretty penny too and don't tell me the hedge fund isn't benefitting from amassing this debt against the club in other aspects of their business empire. Besides lets be honest and this info came from one of your posts.........they are still making commissions from their failed investment each year and only when the club is sold will the losses be realised ?
The only losers will be the as yet anonymous original investors !?

Godiva

Money grabbing in that that was their only intention. In truth Mr Ranson allegedly walked away with a pretty penny too and don't tell me the hedge fund isn't benefitting from amassing this debt against the club in other aspects of their business empire. Besides lets be honest and this info came from one of your posts.........they are still making commissions from their failed investment each year and only when the club is sold will the losses be realised ?
The only losers will be the as yet anonymous original investors !?

I believe Ranson was well paid when he was here - on the flip side he lost Prozone in the process.

I can't see how they can benefit from amassing the debts. I don't think they can use it with other companies as they are not chained (ownership structure - no other company owns SBS&L so there is no inter-company advantage).

It is true however that a hedge fund is being paid by the investors. Typically that amounts to 5% of asset value. So if the overall investments from the original investors and ARVO is around £35m that would amount to maximum £1.75m p.a.
I don't think this is the true amount though, as at least the original investors may have (should have really) written down their investment, so I think they only get paid by ARVO. And as I believe (but can't prove) that ARVO is actually a sisu company the fee could be nil.

I get the need to see them as the enemy, but let's do this on their merits. Lot's to pick on there. There's no need for a 'Bush strategy' and use unsubstantiated conjecture.

Ashdown

Think, think, think. You don't know any more than the rest of us. Fees plus salaries plus expenses etc starts to mount up as a nice little earner and Mr Ranson was supposed to have walked away with £1.5 million debt interest, more than a fair swap for his paltry little company. There is not a 'need' to criticise ? They are criticised because they have dragged the club to it's lowest position on and off the field for over 50 years and continue to cut costs in such a downward spiral that things could get even worse. You'll still defend them though won't you ?

Godiva

Think, think, think. You don't know any more than the rest of us.

True, I don't know more. So how can you say they are 'Money Grabbing' when all you do is speculate?

Fees plus salaries plus expenses etc starts to mount up as a nice little earner and Mr Ranson was supposed to have walked away with £1.5 million debt interest, more than a fair swap for his paltry little company.

Didn't the club sell Prozone for £7m?

There is not a 'need' to criticise ? They are criticised because they have dragged the club to it's lowest position on and off the field for over 50 years and continue to cut costs in such a downward spiral that things could get even worse. You'll still defend them though won't you ?

I didn't say there's no need to critize, did I?

I get the need to see them as the enemy, but let's do this on their merits. Lot's to pick on there. There's no need for a 'Bush strategy' and use unsubstantiated conjecture.

So no, I don't defend them. I just hate when the mob turns into the Spanish inquisition on conjecture. Stick to proven facts, there's more than enough to choose from.

chiefdave

We could end up with Leicester and Villa staying up, Villa winning the cup and us being relegated. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Newcastle are making a real effort of getting that last place, are they worried they are going to miss Sunderland.

Users who are viewing this thread