Legal action (2 Viewers)

Legal action

• No the two areas are seperate and Wasps shouldn't be sticking their noses in that area

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Yes, the legal action doesn't help CCFC so if it helps secure the future of the club why not?

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

lapsed_skyblue

Didn't the Wasps say that they were suspending talks on a "long term" agreement? This does not necessarily mean that talks cannot be held to extend the existing agreement should it be required.

chiefdave

It is if there is a timescale involved though isn't it? ie the only way for the legal action to be stopped before the current rent agreement is for SISU to stop it, otherwise the club aren't at the ricoh.
No it's not.
JR1 will run past the end of the current agreement to play at the Ricoh. So in order to continue playing at the Ricoh past the end of the current agreement Wasps have to continue talks with the football club while there is still the 'background noise'. If they are prepared to do that what was the point of stopping in the first place?

Wasps aren't stupid, they are not going to clearly leave themselves open to being taken to court for blackmail but the intention is very clear.

Astute

Because you're assertion that it's blackmail is incorrect I'm a Wasps fan.

The SBT equivalent of Godwin's Law strikes again!
Didn't the Wasps say that they were suspending talks on a "long term" agreement? This does not necessarily mean that talks cannot be held to extend the existing agreement should it be required.
Isn't extending a short term deal
Because you're assertion that it's blackmail is incorrect I'm a Wasps fan.

The SBT equivalent of Godwin's Law strikes again!
There is only one person who argues as much as you when he knows that he is wrong. And he is heavily biased against CCC.

armybike

JR1 will run past the end of the current agreement to play at the Ricoh. So in order to continue playing at the Ricoh past the end of the current agreement Wasps have to continue talks with the football club while there is still the 'background noise'. If they are prepared to do that what was the point of stopping in the first place?

Wasps aren't stupid, they are not going to clearly leave themselves open to being taken to court for blackmail but the intention is very clear.

So, as I've said it's not blackmail.

They're being twats.

But, definitely not blackmail.

armybike

There is only one person who argues as much as you when he knows that he is wrong. And he is heavily biased against CCC.

And this has what to do with the fact it isn't blackmail?

dongonzalos

Lol first it's 10 years, then 20 years, now 25 years.

There is of course no correlation between dropping legal action and securing any sort of deal at all.

Which most people on here have sussed out.

Are you saying David Anderson is lying?

"But it wasn’t done where they came with a list of 17 demands, if we were going to do a long deal - and we were talking about a 20- or 25-year deal, he had drawn up a list of issues he thought we needed to address."

Take note of the quote marks

Grendel

I'm not sure who David Anderson is but chris Anderson may well have been talking about that time frame.

Wasps may well have not been.

"But it wasn’t done where they came with a list of 17 demands, if we were going to do a long deal - and we were talking about a 20- or 25-year deal, he had drawn up a list of issues he thought we needed to address."

Take note of the quote marks[/QUOTE

Ian1779

So when Boris tells us that we will be better off if we leave the EU - do you honestly think you will get that extra money in your pocket?

Astute

Good luck with trying explain to someone who acts like an idiot. He is on top form (or so he thinks) today.

Astute

So when Boris tells us that we will be better off if we leave the EU - do you honestly think you will get that extra money in your pocket?
I might not be better off. But my children will be. So they have my vote.

It is just like on here. Sifting through the bullshit and looking for the truth. So we won't sell as much to Europe if we leave? We buy a lot more from Europe than we sell to them. Why be worried about them stopping buying our products when they are more worried about losing sales to us? Who is going to make up the net approx 160m a week we pay into them? And don't start me off about the lack of housing or strain on the NHS.

I am waiting for someone to explain why so many top Tories are going against their own parties policies.

dongonzalos

It is all good and well picking and choosing what you believe and what you don't.
It becomes a completely pointless debate if everything time there is a point that doesn't suit we just say well he is lying.
Do you genuinely believe David Armstrong has just come out and lied to the CET that him and Chris Anderson were discussing a 20-25 year deal in those meetings.
Also if he has lied why, what difference does it make if he says it is 10 year, if it is 20 years or if it is 25 years.
What have Wasps actually lied about since they have arrived here so far?
I have not been following them closely but have they said a load of things that have turned out to be lies?
So far they have said they want to do a 20-35 year deal.
That they don't see that as impossible.
That they think nearly 2/3rds of Chris Andersons points they were in common grounds.
That they won't complete a deal until the legal actions are finished.
Until I see otherwise I am giving DA the benefit of the doubt.

So far Chris Anderson has done for me what he promised, tried to get a long term deal at the Ricoh.
He has his points that can make this possible seems he was working through them.
Then he got hi jacked with something that is sod all to do with him. The legal action.
Chris Anderson is getting the benefit of the doubt from me as well.
I haven't seen anything from him yet
for me to doubt his intentions.

So unless the likes of you or Grendel or anyone else can show me where DA is for a fact lying about his intentions about signing CCFC up long term.
I am going to believe him and will ignore your personal agenda as a reason to disbelieve him.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

NorthernWisdom

So why fall out behind the scenes with those who decide who takes up positions that makes major decisions on the running of our countries?

Eh? If you mean Cameron that's simple. He's in power as the pragmatic choice, after Blair kept them out of power with more extreme options before. Cameron's positioning Osborne as successor however, and Osborne is less competent in presenting the surface sheen, and less able to convince floating voters. So there's enough of an arm of the Tory Party that you make a play for their votes in a leadership election, and hope to pick up some of the others, having shown yourself more electable than Osborne.

If you mean EU, then Johnson's flipped his position without thinking before. ultimately pragmatism will win out there if we stay in, he'll claim to be convinced by the arguments after all, and it'll be same-old, same-old.

Johnson's one of the most insincere politicians going, will leap on anything for a vote, and plays the surface act far more than most...

...but this is probably all for another board ;)

Astute

Eh? If you mean Cameron that's simple. He's in power as the pragmatic choice, after Blair kept them out of power with more extreme options before. Cameron's positioning Osborne as successor however, and Osborne is less competent in presenting the surface sheen, and less able to convince floating voters. So there's enough of an arm of the Tory Party that you make a play for their votes in a leadership election, and hope to pick up some of the others, having shown yourself more electable than Osborne.

If you mean EU, then Johnson's flipped his position without thinking before. ultimately pragmatism will win out there if we stay in, he'll claim to be convinced by the arguments after all, and it'll be same-old, same-old.

Johnson's one of the most insincere politicians going, will leap on anything for a vote, and plays the surface act far more than most...

...but this is probably all for another board ;)
Yes for another board....but why would I meant the in lot? And is Johnson a serious politician? He is more like the pissed up bloke in the pub that has been voted in by other pissed up people in the pub. But he is better than most as he doesn't ever follow party lines if he disagrees with them. I just find it hard to take him seriously a lot of the time. So a good choice by yourself if you are an 'in' person :)

Captain Dart

Boris & Gove are no doubt going to mount a leadership challenge after the referendum no matter what the result.

NorthernWisdom

And is Johnson a serious politician?

He's in pole position to challenge Osborne for leadership of the Conservative Party. And he's the most ruthless of them all.

But he is better than most as he doesn't ever follow party lines if he disagrees with them.

It's all about Boris Johnson, not about principle. He flip flops between beliefs depending on what he feels will allow him to catch the wave at any one time.

Astute

He's in pole position to challenge Osborne for leadership of the Conservative Party. And he's the most ruthless of them all.

It's all about Boris Johnson, not about principle. He flip flops between beliefs depending on what he feels will allow him to catch the wave at any one time.
I would prefer Johnson to Osborne. One is about the closest to the man on the street that you will get for a Tory. The other has no charisma. He would look more in place as Labour leader.

And if he was looking for votes why has he gone against his party and joined the side that will lose?

Astute

THat's his surface presentation. He's anything but!

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts above.
So who out of them bunch of toffs is closer to being like the man on the street?

And going against party policies will lose him votes in his own party.

Astute

The Tories want to stay in as it is what is best for most of them. I want what is best for my kids. So I want out.

Astute

Quite frankly, Cameron's closer to the man on the street than Johnson!

He just chooses not to place a surface act upon himself.

He is so false. He bullshits us all the time. Boris says it as it is. I suppose you know why Londoners love him.

Reactions: Sam

Astute

Did you see the debate on Sky news with Cameron a few days ago? Everyone could see that he bullshitted his way through it.

Reactions: Sam

Astute

Since when? He's a fabulous actor, that's true. But he is all about the art of performance!

And given his policies are on the end of a swingball rope, how come he says it like he is, with 180 degree shuffles every other month?!?
I prefer someone who will admit that they were wrong and let everyone know than someone who keeps up with the same bullshit even when everyone can see through it. Cameron reminds me of Fisher.

NorthernWisdom

I prefer someone who will admit that they were wrong

That ain't Johnson then. He's a man for glib vacuous responses played for laughs to diffuse the fact he makes up statistics, makes up stories, and for that matter makes up quotes (he got sacked for the latter).

The man is the most insincere, career oriented politician around. And it's not like he doesn't have competition for that!

Astute

That ain't Johnson then. He's a man for glib vacuous responses played for laughs to diffuse the fact he makes up statistics, makes up stories, and for that matter makes up quotes (he got sacked for the latter).

The man is the most insincere, career oriented politician around. And it's not like he doesn't have competition for that!
Sounds like you are describing Cameron in most of that.

So didn't you see him on Sky News a few days ago or are you keeping very quiet about it?

Users who are viewing this thread