Leeds? (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Have they sold out the away end for tomorrow? Going to be a long night I think.. :facepalm:

WillieStanley

<p>
They always bring numbers to Cov ever since i can remember. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Anyone remember that day when it kicked off on the pitch. Mental.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Was that in the early 1992? If so... That was my first ever City match. I was 6 years old. I still have the ticket!

pusbccfc

I heard 2500 sold of last week( on the leeds site).
With pay on the gate, I would expect 4000.

CUS Wyken

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Was that in the early 1992? If so... That was my first ever City match. I was 6 years old. I still have the ticket!

Twice it happened i think. 1992-1993 season ? i think then again deffo 1996. Didn't Wallace score a hat-trick for them? Running battles on the pitch. I was only 9 myself :D

rob9872

I don't like Leeds. I probably think this lot are worse than Villa or Leicester despite all the rivalry therads that have been argued about recently. They are just a horrible club with horrible fans and currently a horrible chairman too that deserve one another.

ricohroar

the season they hadn't won away all season last game of the season at home any way, City 3-1 up 89 mins on clock and they score, pitch invasion, they clear the pitch and 2 mins later they score again and bigger pitch invation, which finally lead to the referee deciding he'd stop the game and end it there, then a running battle with Leeds on the pitch and a group who'd gathered in the corner of the West end and main stand.

rob9872

the season they hadn't won away all season last game of the season at home any way, City 3-1 up 89 mins on clock and they score, pitch invasion, they clear the pitch and 2 mins later they score again and bigger pitch invation, which finally lead to the referee deciding he'd stop the game and end it there, then a running battle with Leeds on the pitch and a group who'd gathered in the corner of the West end and main stand.

Was this the one where there was a stupid long back pass or something similar from Roy Wegerle? I liked Wegerle but unless my mind is playing tricks on me (again) it sticks out that it was his error for some reason.

WillieStanley

Was this the one where there was a stupid long back pass or something similar from Roy Wegerle? I liked Wegerle but unless my mind is playing tricks on me (again) it sticks out that it was his error for some reason.
YES! I remember that! I remember more of the outrage than the actual match but yes, I remember that mental pass! I remember thinking how important football must be if people are getting this angry! Sure enough I was swiftly removed from the ground!

LastGarrison

The one in '96 a couple of my mates were the first to run on the pitch from the Terrace, got as far as the edge of the area and the whole stadium was booing, they hesitated and then 100's more (myself included) spilled on and joined them.

We were up by the East Stand mobbing Oggy who was trying desperately to get off the pitch when a roar went up and it went off in the corner between us and Leeds. We all legged it over to see what was going on and I remember this big bear of a Leeds fan complete with full big beard swinging blows left, right and centre, couple of Cov fans caught him with a few and he went down and got his head volleyed left right and centre. There was then a big charge from the Leeds end which had Cov backing off and then it went back and forth before the OB horses finally got inbetween everyone and sorted some semblance of order.

One of my mates who ran on the pitch first had his picture in the paper and had to hand himself in as he was very recognisable (his nickname is Nag :facepalm:) and one of the other lads was recognised through CCTV and also nicked. They tried to charge them with inciting a riot!!!! But fortunately common sense saw through and it was dropped to a lesser charge. I can remember in court the judge refused to give them a banning order as he said following Cov was punishment enough!! :D

Nowadays it would probably have been a 4 year jail term and a life time ban.

ccfcway

The one in '96 a couple of my mates were the first to run on the pitch from the Terrace, got as far as the edge of the area and the whole stadium was booing, they hesitated and then 100's more (myself included) spilled on and joined them.

Nowadays it would probably have been a 4 year jail term and a life time ban.

Nowadays there wouldnt be 100's more fans there anyway

LastGarrison

Always used to be a tradition at HR though, last home game of the season you went on the pitch.

Think that year the CET had done a big thing on staying off so the players could do a lap of honour hence all the booing.

skybluelee

Twice it happened i think. 1992-1993 season ? i think then again deffo 1996. Didn't Wallace score a hat-trick for them? Running battles on the pitch. I was only 9 myself :D

Last game of the 92/93 season (the last game before the kop was knocked down). We threw away a 3-1 lead in injury time. A pre-cursor for what now happens every other game now...

And then again in the last game of 95/96 season. We drew 0-0 to secure our safety.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Last game of the 92/93 season (the last game before the kop was knocked down). We threw away a 3-1 lead in injury time. A pre-cursor for what now happens every other game now...

And then again in the last game of 95/96 season. We drew 0-0 to secure our safety.

That was just my second ever game... Those were the days

stnomskyblue

I remember the 96 game. I took my 2 young kids, so sat up in the West Stand. They were very amused at all the running back and forward at the end of the match :D

They always bring numbers to Cov ever since i can remember.

Anyone remember that day when it kicked off on the pitch. Mental.

If its the game I think it is it must be from the seventies when their "fans" destroyed part of the away stand at HR causing untold damage and injury - i remember a policewoman being hit on the head by a torn off seat that was hurled at her - bloody animals !!!

PUSB

coundonskyblue

That game in '96 as I remember it we still didnt know if we were safe or not at the final whistle. I was only young then but I remember the nerves in the stand while we were waiting for the pitch to clear. Was it Man City we were waiting to lose? I think if they had scored we would have been down.

100 miles from Cov.

We drew with Leeds 0-0, southampton drew with Wimbledon 0-0 and man city drew 2-2 with Liverpool if I remember correctly. That meant man city went down on goal difference. City fans ran on to celebrate staying up so Leeds decided to have a bit of a run on too. Start of a massive ruck in the corner of the pitch under the scoreboard. Had taken my 7 year old brother so decided to get out as sat in the m&b? stand. Nice walk to the train station that day! Expected to see it plastered all over the national press the day after but still think it was covered up a bit as England was just about to host Euro 96.

Users who are viewing this thread