Leeds Utd striker- Lee Erwin (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Never heard of him quick wiki says he signed from Motherwell had a decent loan spell at Arbroath last season. 8 in 11.
21 & 6"2.

Not quite sure if he's needed striker not a priority at the min is it?

6 Generations

Is there a limit on the amount of loan players we take.
I'm aware that no more than 5 can be included in the match day squad.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A couple, Armstrong included, are on youth contracts aren't they? Treated slightly different.

Otherwise I think it's 8 per season and only 5 in a match day squad (as we found last season towards the end of we have too many, some have to miss out of the squad)

christonabike

FFS shift a few players who seem to be surplus if your going down the loan route and sign players for the club not on loans as we will end up with a team we dont own or control. Sort it out Fisher!.....:eek:

cloughie

FFS shift a few players who seem to be surplus if your going down the loan route and sign players for the club not on loans as we will end up with a team we dont own or control. Sort it out Fisher!.....:eek:

Sorry but no chance olf that happening ..................What has Fisher ever sorted out ?

His only contribution has been to destroy our club and team

Gazolba

Sounds like a very useful player, Scottish U19 international. He has a 3-year contract with Leeds so he will be a loan only.

PVA

Unless this would be an Armstrong replacement then I'm not sure another striker is what we need.

kmj5000

Tim Fisher is the last person we need messing with the playing squad FFS! TM knows what he is doing.

chiefdave

TM addressed this before the season started. To paraphrase he said forwards of the quality he wants aren't available to buy so loans would be the way forward.

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, if we're going to keep losing Armstrong, Kent and Morris to the England nippers sides, then it's a good idea to have cover. If we lose those three for international duty and say Fortune picks up an injury and Tudgays suspended for whatever reason, we're screwed.

The perils of the loan system and bringing in talented youngsters. At least TM seems to be covering for any eventuality.

rupert_bear

If this Erwin is better than what we have and gettable then Mowbray is right to go for him or any other player that comes under that catorgary. We have players who may return to their parent clubs in 3 months so our manager has to be on the ball player wise. Rate Armstrong and Kent highly but unfortunately they are not the future.

fernandopartridge

8 of the starting 11 at Bury are contracted to CCFC. Finished with 10 players who belong to CCFC.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The only loan we're relying on is Armstrong, Morris and Jackson are reserves and when everyone is fit its debatable whether Murphy and Kent get in our best 11.

torchomatic

This will come as a shock, so sit down away from anything that is breakable.

No team wins every game regardless of whether they are a team of loans or not.

You can stop screaming now.

..and we lost.

Speedies_Chips

This will come as a shock, so sit down away from anything that is breakable.

You can stop screaming now.

Ha ha. I can assure you I am nowhere near expecting us to win every game. In fact, I'm perfectly happy with how we are doing so far. And I do look forward to the day when TM has built a strong squad of players who are actually ours. I think he will do it in the end.

Gazolba

But that does not mean we shouldn't try to win every game and be disappointed when we don't.

torchomatic

And did I say that we shouldn't try to win every game and not be disappointed by defeats?

But that does not mean we shouldn't try to win every game and be disappointed when we don't.

crazylegsjoe

I'm a Motherwell/Cov fan so I can tell you a bit about him.

Had two major injuries aged 18/19 so it was only last season he broke through. Was in and out the first half of the season, but when Scott McDonald joined the two had a great partnership. Erwin scored 5 in 13 playing beside him and assisted a few more. He's relatively quick but not rapid and he's not great in the air, it's his touch which makes him. His close control under pressure in the box is great.

We signed him on a three year deal when he was 18 and he really could have done with this season playing every week in our first team but he was probably on 500-700 a week and Leeds came offering 7500 allegedly so that would have been tough to turn down, our improved offer was probably only 1500ish.

He's technically a really good player and would do well, but the only concern is that he's a scorer of good goals rather than a good goalscorer.

Users who are viewing this thread