Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

stupot07

He needs more available options. Everyone was hiding when he gave the ball away there (which was an awful pass and never a foul)
To be fair it's the only time he's given it away that half. Poor pass but like you say under a lot of pressure and no options.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

SkyblueTexan

Simms did really well there, defender was all over him
Defender was grabbing and holding him right in front of the lino. How is that not a foul?

suffolkskyblue24

As usual a stimulating and diverse discussion on here but I think all but the most fanciful would agree we would have taken 0-0 at half time if offered before kick off. Keeping shape well and a potent attack out. Just need to change something up front to buy us time, a breather and maybe a against run of play goal.

Briles

Everyone but dasilva has been bloody brilliant. Well done lads. Take dasilva off for o hare and we are in business

Thing is dasilva is a defender. We are basically playing with 4 wingbacks in Bidwell JD sakamoto and Ewjik which is to nullify Leeds pace on the wings. If JD comes off for ohare they'd likely target Bidwell.

Johnnythespider

Done well that half, restricted them to half chances and with a bit more care in the final third we could have snatched a lead, interesting second half coming, will Robins dare to gamble for the last 10-15 minutes?

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

decent first half, Lati between defence and midfield working well, I think we can afford to take one of Eccles / Sheaf off for Palmer / O’Hare early ish 2nd half given the Leeds midfield isn’t particularly big or physical, even Ampadu and Kamara

steve101

Decent performance. Need to maintain focus at the back, as one error can easily undo the good work. Simms looks quite good on his own. Looking a bit stronger on the ball and his pace is there to see.
I would like to see Wright on for Da Silva on the hour.

mrtrench

Well played City. We have limited them to a couple of chances and had a few ourselves. The defensive unit is playing well. Simms has improved holding up the ball. Keeping the ball mostly well when we get it. Sheaf needs to stop the wobble on passing accuracy over the past 135 minutes in its tracks.

SkyblueTexan

I bet if Gyo was along one v one with the defender, he would have outmuscled him to score. Simms needs to use his physicality more. But he did show a few nice touches

stupot07

Decent half, we've defended quite well, and have had 1 or 2 dangerous problems and the only shot on target so far. Leeds are a far far better side than us but we are holding them at bay.

Some excellent performances, Simms has held the ball up really well whenever he's had a half decent ball to him. Sheaf and Eccles having decent games in the centre and Lati has made a few important challenges.

Unfortunately with Dasilva on the left we have nothing on the left, but Saka always looks dangerous when we can get him in the ball in the final third.

Gotta say, I was sceptical when we signed him but Kitching has been excellent since hes come into the side.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Half time couch is nice to look at 😂

chef cook GIF by Universal Music Finland

djr8369

Feel we are over playing it looking for the perfect opening and we won’t get it as Leeds are organised and get back in position while we pass the ball around.

I think gamble and get the early ball in for Simms.

SkyblueTexan

Ref has been decent. Lucky he didn't fall for all those pen appeals by Leeds who are only too happy to dive in the box..cheating bastards

CovLad94

Not too bad, just tidy things up bit and we can get a result out of this, Dasilva been a bit quiet and can tell he's out of position , would imagine Cal or Haji will come on for him after 10 or so mins

Users who are viewing this thread