Match Thread Leeds United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Dec (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Similar vibe to the Southampton bunch, lot of comfortable home win predictions. Tbf it's understandable if you just look at the relative home/away tables and haven't taken note of our improvement. Only Leicester and Ipswich better at home than them so far, only 5 teams worse than us away.

Chris1987

Similar vibe to the Southampton bunch, lot of comfortable home win predictions. Tbf it's understandable if you just look at the relative home/away tables and haven't taken note of our improvement. Only Leicester and Ipswich better at home than them so far, only 5 teams worse than us away.

I'm optimistic that we can get something out of this

Boicey

I doubt Calum will start, probably Eccles will come in for him. Sheaf is hanging by a thread but obviously will be picked.
I absolutely don't want to see Ayari.
Whatever, with a number of players likely to tire let's hope Robins finally uses substitutes optimally.

Chris1987

I doubt Calum will start, probably Eccles will come in for him. Sheaf is hanging by a thread but obviously will be picked.
Whatever, with a number of players likely to tire let's hope Robins finally uses substitutes optimally.
60 mins from COH , Palmer on for the remainder

Chris1987

I think that if COH is removed for Eccles it's a bit of an own goal. Why not give Leeds more to think about by pushing them deeper ?
Starting Eccles over COH is saying to Leeds come and attack us imo

CV22SBA

Calum needs to start. He scored both goals against blues and setup wrights goal against saints. No one else in the team is creating the goals.

Johhny Blue

I think that if COH is removed for Eccles it's a bit of an own goal. Why not give Leeds more to think about by pushing them deeper ?
Starting Eccles over COH is saying to Leeds come and attack us imo
They’re coming whether you like it or not. This will be a counter attacking game for us.
(A Jamie Allen game)

fernandopartridge

If you come out of the rear entrance of the station there are 3 half decent older pubs (the Grove, the Cross Keys and the Midnight Bell) in that area, also another big bar by the canal basin, bars in the railway arches and the Northern Monk brewery. Can't really go wrong in Leeds TBF.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

I said a tentative 1-1 last game and I’ll go with another tentative one this game, I reckon Leeds nab it late on 2-1.

Tbh I think a close loss wouldn’t be a bad result against a team that were a solid bottom-half Prem team only a couple of years ago. I just hope we play well and make them sweat for a lot of the game, can’t ask for much more tbh. Just not sure if it’ll be 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, I hope for the former but I’m wondering if Robins will make some changes considering the quick turnaround we’ve had?

Paxman II

Will he set up not to lose and try and nick a it on a breakaway? Probably. But I'd have a go and keep the same side. Don't give the opposition too much respect. We are better than that. Same team to start. He can change it on 60 minutes whichever way it's going. The bench is capable. Could be a surprise this one in our favour. Got to start well. Thought Collins was a bit nervy the last game.

Legia Sky Blue

Haven't been to Leeds for years, but always a good night out. No idea if its still there but loved the Stone Roses Bar, even though it seemed odd to me they would have such a bar in a town with such a well known rivalry with Manchester.

Macca

Chilled about the next 2 games. If we lose both I’m expecting it. A point from one would be great, 3 points from one incredible

Ashdown

Stick with what was working in the last two matches. If we get on the back foot and show too much respect like at Ipswich, we will be 2-0 down before we start playing ! As the awful ditty suggests, Go for it, go for it City !

AFCCOVENTRY

I think we could see Eccles in for Allen and maybe another change. A lot of our midfield was puffing after 60mins the other night.

Travs

I'd snap your hand off for two points over the next two games.

Can't see anything today, but probably a draw with Sunderland.

Esoterica

I fear today is going to be Ipswich-esque with changes and tweaks to the formation. Wouldn't even surprise me if Robins went back to 3 at the back for this one, with a packed midfield.

Enjoy your away trip lads, would love an early pint or 2 in Leeds on a Saturday. Instead I'm 1000 miles away, already baking Christmas gingerbread cookies with my daughter at 9.30am....

alexccfc99

Few quid going on Kitch to score! He was a massive Leeds supporter growing up and was released by them as a kid, perhaps playing with a point to prove today - or he scores a hattrick of own goals:LOL:

PVA

Calum needs to start. He scored both goals against blues and setup wrights goal against saints. No one else in the team is creating the goals.

It's not about his form, it's about managing his work load after a long time out with a serious injury though.

If the medical department are confident he's fit and strong enough to start again then great, he starts. But we don't want him pulling up with an injury because he's done too much too soon.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Part two of the bedwetting trilogy.

Tight loss, Robins makes minor change (eg Eccles for Allen), SBT goes into meltdown about how we’d definitely have won if we hadn’t “changed a winning team”.

2-1, Sheaf to finally score from the edge of the area.

Users who are viewing this thread