Leeds ratings (1 Viewer)

Tomh111

Thought Bidwell was incredible, I was petrified pf him vs James - given the pace James has.

Thought he played brilliantly and kept him largely out the game, with one of the best clearances you'll ever see to top it off.

To a man today, they were all very good, but he was superb.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Chris1987

But we let them get through and they should have scored. We also failed to string together more than 5 passes in the second half. Their playing fucking up a brilliant chance should not mean our player ratings are a couple of points higher
We also got through on a number occasions and should have scored

Jamesimus

Thought Bidwell was incredible, I was petrified pf him vs James - given the pace James has.

Thought he played brilliantly and kept him largely out the game, with one of the best clearances you'll ever see to top it off.

To a man today, they were all very good, but he was superb.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

He only really got beaten for pace a couple of times early on by James then dealt with him superbly.

Was more difficult for him when Gnonto came on, but considering he’d already played 3/4 of a game and then was coming up against 20 million pound fresh legs, he again did really well.

His last ditch defending and decision making in particular were brilliant.

His best game for us.

Grendel

Agree with all. Just an incredible team performance.

Wright looked like a different player physically today… won headers 😱 and showed strength and heart.

If we do miss the playoffs, it’s still been a heck of a season with some memorable days with today just pipping Leicester for me.

The biggest revelation on Wright was how he helped defensively in the second half.

Not something that natural to him.

excellent technique for the goal as well

Grendel

Eccles said Wright could seem lazy in his post-match interview with CWR! Almost burst out laughing when he said that.

Yes that was funny

Mucca Mad Boys

Key word being “barely”.

They had 76% possession in the 2nd half. We had one shot and scored. Not sure how you can really argue against my comment to be honest.
Familiarise yourself with the concept of game state.

At 2-0, we could afford to dig in defensively. When you score as early as we had done in both halves, it changes the way you play.

Grendel

Looking back at it Bidwells headed clearance was ridiculous- how did he manage it?

Nick

Administrator
I didn't realise how good it was and that it was going in until I saw the replay.

Changed my motm to him.

letsallsingtogether

I didn't realise how good it was and that it was going in until I saw the replay.

Changed my motm to him.
I was just thinking the same should get 10 just for that header how did he manage to get it and direct it away sensational.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Familiarise yourself with the concept of game state.

At 2-0, we could afford to dig in defensively. When you score as early as we had done in both halves, it changes the way you play.
Never particularly understood that.

"What we're doing is clearly working well, so let's change it."

If the opposition make tactical changes then sure, have a rethink but just going more defensive because you've got a lead to protect to me seems like asking for trouble. If anything the change would be bring on pace as they'll be pushing to score and there should be gaps to exploit on the break.

Mucca Mad Boys

Never particularly understood that.

"What we're doing is clearly working well, so let's change it."

If the opposition make tactical changes then sure, have a rethink but just going more defensive because you've got a lead to protect to me seems like asking for trouble. If anything the change would be bring on pace as they'll be pushing to score and there should be gaps to exploit on the break.

The game plan worked perfectly yesterday. We scored both our goals on the counter yesterday and even at 2-1 we had opportunities to hit them on the counter. Cardiff did more or less the exact same to us on Monday.

Leeds were dominant in possession and that suited us and the way we play our best football.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The game plan worked perfectly yesterday. We scored both our goals on the counter yesterday and even at 2-1 we had opportunities to hit them on the counter. Cardiff did more or less the exact same to us on Monday.

Leeds were dominant in possession and that suited us and the way we play our best football.
Well, we got the result but it definitely felt like we were more likely to concede after we made changes and went more defensive. Some better finishing and they'd have drawn level.

Mucca Mad Boys

Well, we got the result but it definitely felt like we were more likely to concede after we made changes and went more defensive. Some better finishing and they'd have drawn level.

We were never really ‘on top’, we kept them at arms lengths and limited them to half chances really. At 2-1 when Leeds were knocking at the door, the thought slipped in that a draw would be a good result even if we were to concede.

We were playing a team that is a lot better than us and could call upon players like Gnotto from the bench. The only we could freshen things up was by bringing on defensively minded players like Lati, JDS and Torp.

This was Leeds first league loss of 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread