Lee Burge (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueBoonie

First game back with Lee Burge back in goal and we lose again, okay I know the whole team didn't play their best but is Burge bad luck for us?

Bugsy

Yeah burge fault our strikers couldn't score.

We didn't hav our best team out... PUSB

No Way Back

Guess if he had a bit more confidence he would have come for the cross for the second goal. Looked stuck to his line.
I think he's improved but has hell of a way to go.

PVA

I like how when RCC concedes 2 or 3 in his last few games it's all the defence's fault. When Burge concedes 2 it's all his fault.

I prefer RCC and think he's the better keeper, but the stick Burge gets is ridiculous and they are not compared in a fair and balanced way on here.

KersleyDigs

Fans constantly putting him down online on forums and social media well help his confidence won't it? Then he'll be able to come for crosses more.... (sarcasm)

Sky Blue Pete

Watching the warm up from pitch level his catching was very very good so confidence plays a huge role. Ricketts and fortune much more at fault for both goals for me than burge but a confident keeper does come and catch that cross

ready_96

This was burge's chance to get his spot in the team back. He pulls off two decent saves, stops the two goals, we win 1-0 and everybody would be applauding him.

To be honest i dont think he had that bad of a game, apparently one if the goals took a deflection, so you cant really blaim him for that and the second is ricketts fault as he's misjudged the flight of the ball, missed the clearing header and their lanky forwards nodded it in from 5 yards out.

coop

Not blaming anyone but any goalkeeper should be catching a ball from a long cross in his 6 yard box its basic goalkeeping.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I like how when RCC concedes 2 or 3 in his last few games it's all the defence's fault. When Burge concedes 2 it's all his fault.

I prefer RCC and think he's the better keeper, but the stick Burge gets is ridiculous and they are not compared in a fair and balanced way on here.
RCC has credit in the bank from past good performances so gets the benefit of the doubt, Burge doesn't.

Not rocket science.

wingy

RCC has credit in the bank from past good performances so gets the benefit of the doubt, Burge doesn't.

Not rocket science.

But as I recognise. Burges shortcomings when comparing the two I can only think of one game where he may have cost us points.
He's second of the two no doubt and there's. nothing wrong with spotting faults in his game when they occur, that should be the same for both and everyone else in the team.
I highlighted RCC did a couple of things In the posh game and more v Barnsley and a couple of posters couldn't understand that.

Hcut PUSB

TBF he just never looked confident and I think he will struggle to get that back being as he wasn't brimming in the first place. I have to admit giving him a good talking to on Saturday but then again I wasn't the only one. Think I just prefer to see RCC in between the sticks.

mechaishida

Seems to me he's a capable shot-stopper, but either his concentration or fundamental decision-making is crap. RCC is better than him, but still learning his trade, nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread