Lee Bowyer (2 Viewers)

rickyCCFC

To sign.

From the same source that told me Mcgoldrick was signing for us on loan a few weeks before it happened.

Hope he's not another Kilbane

kg82

I bet he's not as old as you think! But for craps sake, I hate that bloke!!

ccfc92

do we really want a 36 year old midfielder? we moan enough about sheffers being old :facepalm:

torchomatic

I think we probably said the same about Wise. We all hated him too.

SkyblueBazza

do we really want a 36 year old midfielder? we moan enough about sheffers being old :facepalm:

If he can do us a job in this league & then provide adequate cover for a.n.other to bring in in the summer if promoted...let's welcome him!
In Robins We Trust

kg82

I think we probably said the same about Wise. We all hated him too.

Nope, didn't actually mind wise that much before, although I remember a lot of our fans didn't like him - different when he left! If this is true he'll be one of those players fans love, for sure. And I'll support him - still bloody hate him though!! It's nearly as bad as having savage in your team!

ccfctommy

I like Bowyer, a hard nasty b*stard!

My main concern is not his age, but the fact that he has been without a club since the summer.

Snozzer

Is that same source 'soccer sauce' by any chance? They are reporting we've had initial talks with Bowyer today.

wingy

I won't mind ,was bigging him up as the type we need in the Wise mode during the Summer ,lets wait and see Ay,am concerned he 's been out on the golf course for the last five months or so,but the kind you love when they're in your side ,should have been an England player in his prime.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Although I'm not a huge fan of Mr Bowyer as a person (not that I know him), I think he'll be a great asset to the squad even till the end of the season. He's got bags of experience and this can only be good for the younger guys to watch.

Yes lads, we're in the 3rd division. Just remember that eh? We're not going to sign he likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard et al.....

GaryJones

Warnock in his element!

GaryJones

Oops! OK Maybe we are about to sign him then - Another year older (Another year wiser!)
shot_dead_head_smiley_face_bleeding_bullet_hole_postcard-p239112602656516684en8ki_216.jpg

sky blue john

No thanks probably take to long to get match fit the season would be over. if he comes in unpaid for a month for MR to asses him then i trust MR's judgement if we take it further.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't know if I can trust a source that has his age listed and STILL gets it wrong in the blurb!!

Back to Leeds eh... As if they weren't hated enough already!

Read my post at #22 :whistle:

PVA

Hope not. There's areas of the team that need strengthening more than central midfield.

Brighton Sky Blue

Although I'm not a huge fan of Mr Bowyer as a person (not that I know him), I think he'll be a great asset to the squad even till the end of the season. He's got bags of experience and this can only be good for the younger guys to watch.

Yes lads, we're in the 3rd division. Just remember that eh? We're not going to sign he likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard et al.....

Robins will be more than aware of the potential pitfalls. If Bowyer signs it'll be because he can add something-this isn't a regime that just signs anyone for the heck of it.

wingy

Aye, explains getting the age thing wrong! Does this mean he's been out the game 18 months rather than 6 months as it says he'd just left Birmingham then?

Think its another Charlton connection ,he did last year with them ,................and they went up.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Good player- reserve judgement.. but wont he be suspended more than he will play?
That said I was of the same opinion re Wise before he signed... how wrong was I ?!!:pointlaugh: he has been perhaps the highlight of the past 10 years of dearth (last 3 months aside)

Users who are viewing this thread