Leaving the result to one side... (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Tonight saw us break Southampton's record for a non-final JPT tie. Yes the result was horrendous, but it does go to show that the support is there should we have a successful club on our hands in the future.

Chin up folks-not all bad! :)

Otis

As I have said, I came away from that game with a lot of positives.

We play like that every game and we are going to win a hell of a lot more than we lose for sure.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I have said, I came away from that game with a lot of positives.

We play like that every game and we are going to win a hell of a lot more than we lose for sure.

Two things need to happen-either Robins finds a clinical striker capable of taking pressure off Clarke, or Robins works hard with the strikers we have and gets them back into form. Missing chance after chance is hurting us a lot more than our defending right now.

Gaz

Problem is we are not going to play like that every game.

I'm not trying to knock the team here, it's just worrying to play so well and still run out 0-3 at home.
absolutely need to start taking our chances in front of goal.

eyeseye_us

Two things need to happen-either Robins finds a clinical striker capable of taking pressure off Clarke, or Robins works hard with the strikers we have and gets them back into form. Missing chance after chance is hurting us a lot more than our defending right now.
Are you kidding ? Clarke's not long joined us...he's done more than well so far and already we need robins to find a clinical striker to 'HELP OUT' ??!! One game where we had all the play / chances and Clarke hasn't hit the target does not warrant panic IMHO.

Otis

No, Gaz, we're not.

But as they said on CWR, we have played a lot worse and won.

Play like we did tonight every game and we are going to blow loads of team away, but we know we won't.

I reckon we can play at 70% of what we played like tonight and beat Yeovil on Saturday.

Just need to be a little more clinical in front of goal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Are you kidding ? Clarke's not long joined us...he's done more than well so far and already we need robins to find a clinical striker to 'HELP OUT' ??!! One game where we had all the play / chances and Clarke hasn't hit the target does not warrant panic IMHO.

It's not because he's no good-it's because there's a lot of expectation on the bloke to score hatfuls. Besides, the thread was aimed more at the record breaking attendance!

Gaz

flabbergasted is the only way to describe how I feel.
I'm honestly shocked by the shoreline.

eyeseye_us

It's not because he's no good-it's because there's a lot of expectation on the bloke to score hatfuls. Besides, the thread was aimed more at the record breaking attendance!
Yeah , i got the jist of your ORIGINAL thread post but i was just pointing out imo it's hardly a time to take the pressure off Leon as he's done brilliantly aside from tonight . You switched from record breaking attendance topic to Leon Clarke needs help dude.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah , i got the jist of your ORIGINAL thread post but i was just pointing out imo it's hardly a time to take the pressure off Leon as he's done brilliantly aside from tonight . You switched from record breaking attendance topic to Leon Clarke needs help dude.

Meh, it's late and I've had a long day.

Paul CCFC

Another positive about tonight for me was for the first time in my 12 or 13 home games this season, i werent sat in the vicinity of a "fan" who feels the need to tell every player on the pitch that they're shit and so on every 30 seconds in the first 5minutes of the game!!

However, to the 5 "young adults" who at half time came and sat in some empty seats in B16 and when the rightful ticket owners of the seats returned (2 young children and parents) refused to move - have a word with yourself.

Brighton Sky Blue

Another positive about tonight for me was for the first time in my 12 or 13 home games this season, i werent sat in the vicinity of a "fan" who feels the need to tell every player on the pitch that they're shit and so on every 30 seconds in the first 5minutes of the game!!

However, to the 5 "young adults" who at half time came and sat in some empty seats in B16 and when the rightful ticket owners of the seats returned (2 young children and parents) refused to move - have a word with yourself.

Probably because said players' names were unknown to them ;)

No, it shows the disgusting fake fans that up and leave as soon as we start losing. A real fan stays until the end no matter what. Those lads played their hearts out last night and those t**ts walk out on them as soon as we start losing. I heard people say 'F**k this, im not coming back", i said 'dont f**king come back then!' those fans make me sick. Dont get me wrong, i loved the sight and sound of a full Ricoh, but if you're not gonna stay til the end and support YOUR club, dont bother coming

Tank Top

Hi Fellas.
It may read like the Bleedin obvious but its a concern that we always look like we can concede goals cheaply.
And in recent games we have pulverised teams in terms of pressure early on but failed in turning the domination into goals but have managed to scrape home by the odd goal.
Last nights result was a shock, but not entirely so, a mixture of bad luck, and indifferent final ball cost us dearly, but we must not fail to recognise that Crewe had a game plan, stuck to it, and it worked effectively for them, Its not over till its over, but we well and truly shot ourselves in the foot last night

Users who are viewing this thread