Leaving the Isle of Wight....... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Euphemism? :emoji_kissing_smiling_eyes:
I know the name sounds daft, but I grew up in that area (in the 1950's to early 60's) and knew the Lickeys really well. As a bit of nostalgia, I took an ex-girlfriend of mine there and nine months later my son was born! ;)
Lickey Hills - Wikipedia

Houchens Head

Here's a football question related to the Lickey Hills. Name the ex Cov manager who lives close to the hills, not sure if he still does ?
It's a lovely area so I'm not surprised BBR. Barnt Green area maybe? And I'd guess at Snoz Sillett? But I really haven't a clue?

bringbackrattles

It's Ron Atkinson. I saw his house years ago when I walked the hills, big place. It was in the news a few years back when burglars got in and tied his missus up, got jewellery and cash etc. She thought they were going to kill her. Its at the foot of the hills.

Houchens Head

I knew he once lived in Little Aston, Birmingham because I had to deliver to his house there, when I worked for Fed-Ex. Also delivered to Karen Brady, who lived in Solihull. Her maid answered the door though! (Very nice she was, too!)

clint van damme

Here's a football question related to the Lickey Hills. Name the ex Cov manager who lives close to the hills, not sure if he still does ?

I can't remember who but a player who played for Blues when Fry was in charge said he bought that many players in for pre season that when they went running up the Lickey hills it was like a scene from Zulu!

wingy

It's Ron Atkinson. I saw his house years ago when I walked the hills, big place. It was in the news a few years back when burglars got in and tied his missus up, got jewellery and cash etc. She thought they were going to kill her. Its at the foot of the hills.
Shit
Too late that's what I would have answered! !:-o

Sky Blue Harry H

One of my sons was conceived in the Lickey Hill just outside Brum! ;)

Is the Lickey Hill a euphemism? If it isn't, it should be! And I'm glad you kept the r un Brum, otherwise it would have sounded even worse!!

Have a great new adventure - and tell us the name of the new local, in case any of us are passing.

Houchens Head

Is the Lickey Hill a euphemism? If it isn't, it should be! And I'm glad you kept the r un Brum, otherwise it would have sounded even worse!!

Have a great new adventure - and tell us the name of the new local, in case any of us are passing.
Looks like it'll be the Nag's Head (3 minute walk away!). Google it. It's a smashing place! (Once again, if you had read the whole thread you would see that I've already mentioned this! (Slap on the wrist time!!) (post #24) ;)

bringbackrattles

I reckon you've told us this one before.
Is it Ansty or Shilton.
Sure you said the kids would ask him for a kickabout ?:$
He lived on Norton Hill. As did lots of City players. Us kids stood outside his house,and he came out and give us a glass of pop each and signed our books. My hero along with Rees and Humphries. We also cycled up many times to Shilton where they trained, Jimmy Hill gave me a football, I played with it on Wiseman fields until it got pinched. Wish I'd have locked it away as it would be some reminder.
I'm in contact at the moment with a publishers, I'm wanting to write a book on my fifty years as a Cov fan etc.

Users who are viewing this thread