Least favourite away ground ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

We all have our favourite grounds but what's the one that you dislike the most ?
Mine is the old Dell ground at Southampton,what a dump.
Any more suggestions ?

Away end at City Ground, Notts Forest - terrible shallow tiering which means everyone stands up for the entire game making it difficult to see if you're vertically challenged.

Sky Blue Harry H

The old Derby (Baseball) ground. the seats were built for a race of pygmies - you couldn't twitch without cracking your shins on the seat in front of you.

bringbackrattles

Chelsea in the seventies stuck alongside the Shed.
It was huge and you couldn't make a lot of noise as you wouldn't get out alive !

VegetableSamosa

Selhurst park. Shallow tiering, 6 tubes from anywhere and we drank them out of beer a few minutes into half time.

Or Western Homes in Colchester. Absolutely devoid of atmosphere and the white seats behind the goal opposite the away end means you can see fuck all. On the plus side, was pretty close to my flat.

Just remembered Plough Lane - wimbledon. Night games were the worst as the toilets were lit by Moonlight which didn't work very well when cloudy.
Also the Old den - millwall, constant abuse and being spat at throughout the game and that was just the kids!

SlowerThanPlatt

Brittania Stadium, Stoke.

Horrible stadium that looks like it was made from an MFI flat pack kit. Horrible home fans.

Horrible.

bringbackrattles

Old Trafford years ago was awesome full of noise and atmosphere but went there for the Carling Cup match which we won that great night but what a flat home crowd.We out sung them but to be honest wasn't that impressed by the new stadium either.

LastGarrison

Another vote for Selhurst Park, pain in the arse to get to,wooden seats and on the whole most Palace fans are fucking gimps.

Astute

Chelsea in the seventies stuck alongside the Shed.
It was huge and you couldn't make a lot of noise as you wouldn't get out alive !

Know what you mean. Would spend at least half the game watching for missiles flying at you.....and that is when they were winning. It was bad enough trying to get in alive before you even tried to get out.

Good ground though if you ever had a chance to enjoy it.

bringbackrattles

Talking about dangerous grounds Stoke was always a lively away day as lots of bottle dodging !
And of course our old enemy at Wolves,you had done well just to get inside Molineux.

pusbccfc

Has to be Carlisle. Woeful woeful woeful

letsallsingtogether

Tims new shed
and the Goldstone ground had 2 stands made from lego bricks and pillers that were about 20 foot wide

Hobo

Luton always was poor...but then Chester was worse and we lost in the League Cup. I remember standing on terraces next to two foot high thistles. West Hams ground is okay but outside can be grim!!

CJ_covblaze

Luton, Hereford, Cheltenham, Palace. Most hated for me though is Chester. Went to see a random League Two game there a few years ago. Probably the worst place for an away day.

lewys33

Luton, Hereford, Cheltenham, Palace. Most hated for me though is Chester. Went to see a random League Two game there a few years ago. Probably the worst place for an away day.

I remember going to that chester game CJ! haha. Ground was poor but the women were amazing!!! that was a win for me straight up!

RoboCCFC90

Ashton Gate.. Biggest shithole I have ever seen

Users who are viewing this thread