Leamington Yesterday? (1 Viewer)

skybluepete1987

Did anyone go to the Leamington game yesterday? Good win for them against Bradford PA, I plan to head over on Bank Holiday Monday when they play Gloucester City.

First live football I will have seen since last season!

mark82

Did anyone go to the Leamington game yesterday? Good win for them against Bradford PA, I plan to head over on Bank Holiday Monday when they play Gloucester City.

First live football I will have seen since last season!

Decent result against one of the other promoted teams. Tougher tests ahead.

skablue

Yes, I went as Leamington as they are my local non-league team, they have a decent set up, £11 to get in and you can watch the game with a pint in your hand! It is an enjoyable way to watch football but it's completely different feeling from watching the City. One lone voice singing the Sky Blue song brought a smile to my face though, probably, a bit like being at sixfields!

japandy

Did anyone go to the Leamington game yesterday? Good win for them against Bradford PA, I plan to head over on Bank Holiday Monday when they play Gloucester City. First live football I will have seen since last season!
So now ypu dont support CCFC? Well thats novel. Stop supporting your club and as a protest start supporting another club? This site has become such a joke. And talk of negativity? I go to games and people are positive so I can only guess you guys DONT go to games anyway, so supporting NOPM is easy. It is because of YOU on this site that I will b there on Saturday at Sixfields.

J

Jack Griffin

So now ypu dont support CCFC? Well thats novel. Stop supporting your club and as a protest start supporting another club? This site has become such a joke. And talk of negativity? I go to games and people are positive so I can only guess you guys DONT go to games anyway, so supporting NOPM is easy. It is because of YOU on this site that I will b there on Saturday at Sixfields.

So I take it that you are not terribly bothered if the team never plays in Coventry again.

Tommystours

Well ranted japandy . you go on Saturday and the other 970 will go on Sunday.not everyone could go to Carlisle yesterday due to other commitments , work etc.I went to watch Nuneaton as I live less than a mile away.i went to Crawley but not Northampton
Do you want to have a rant at me as well???

georgehudson

japandy, you're ire is misdirected,
sisu, imho, have structurally reduced Cov to where we are now,
no care, or consideration for the fans, the club, or the city,
i'm sure their hedge fund manoevres suit their purpose

fernandopartridge

Who really left the club homeless? Really? It didn't happen this year either....

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think Japandy has a social conscience about the disabled, elderly & relatively impoverished fans who couldn't travel to Sixfields no matter what..

skablue

Japandy, you just don't get it do you. Many fan's have had to make the hardest decision of their football supporting lives and give up watching the team they love due to the club being relocated by a hedge fund headed by a faceless woman.

I've been supporting Coventry for over 30 years, I've had season tickets for many years at Highfield Road and the Ricoh, I've travelled all over the UK and abroad to watch the Sky Blues, I will continue to go to away games whenever I can. For me it is quite simple Coventry should play in Coventry and our illustrious owners have turned their backs on the Coventry supporters by rejecting to play in the City. I'm sure that if SISU/OTIUM had the will a deal could have been reached with ACL prior to moving down the M45. It is my opinion SISU/OTIUM are trying to distress ACL so that they go into administration and then the vultures that they are will attempt to purchase the Ricoh at a % of it's true value, it's what they do and they couldn't give a toss about who they upset along the way. In the meantime keep your head buried in the sand and enjoy your Sunday's at sixfields.

skybluepete1987

Twelve years of a season ticket, four years as a Premier Club member. My money and support is there for the club if they play in Coventry. The club left me, not the other way round.

Will I follow Leamington, yes I will (along with a few other local clubs), but that's because the club I used to follow decided to take my support for granted and proceed with a pig-headed, financially insane decision that completely alienated me.

I don't feel a shred of guilt or shame, just disappointment in the club and also disappointment that so many fans can't understand that Coventry City not playing in Coventry means they are not Coventry City.

If Coventry ever come back to the city or a cohesive phoenix club is set up I'll then make another decision about what I do.

Last edited:

ecky

Japandy, you just don't get it do you. Many fan's have had to make the hardest decision of their football supporting lives and give up watching the team they love due to the club being relocated by a hedge fund headed by a faceless woman.

I've been supporting Coventry for over 30 years, I've had season tickets for many years at Highfield Road and the Ricoh, I've travelled all over the UK and abroad to watch the Sky Blues, I will continue to go to away games whenever I can. For me it is quite simple Coventry should play in Coventry and our illustrious owners have turned their backs on the Coventry supporters by rejecting to play in the City. I'm sure that if SISU/OTIUM had the will a deal could have been reached with ACL prior to moving down the M45. It is my opinion SISU/OTIUM are trying to distress ACL so that they go into administration and then the vultures that they are will attempt to purchase the Ricoh at a % of it's true value, it's what they do and they couldn't give a toss about who they upset along the way. In the meantime keep your head buried in the sand and enjoy your Sunday's at sixfields.

I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!

I have met lots of city fans in the last 2 months who went to city games and only 1 has said he will be going to northampton, the rest have lost interest in going to watch football matches.

Users who are viewing this thread