Video Leamington & Warwick Supporters Club - August Meeting (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Looks like the L&W Supporters are doing some great stuff, so hats off to them. I'm sure the evenings with the players/manager/Boddy are intriguing as I always find it fascinaing to get some insight into the running of the club and what's going on beyond the scenes and usual 5 things you to need know CET articles...

Would be great if there was any interviews etc they could post.

Pusb

clint van damme

Great stuff.

Did David Boddy say much of interest?

Looks like the L&W Supporters are doing some great stuff, so hats off to them. I'm sure the evenings with the players/manager/Boddy are intriguing as I always find it fascinaing to get some insight into the running of the club and what's going on beyond the scenes and usual 5 things you to need know CET articles...

Would be great if there was any interviews etc they could post.

Pusb

I've asked before what has been said at meetings but no one is forthcoming, maybe that's something that's stipulated by guests from the club prior to the event or maybe they're just a bunch of cunts!!
You're right though, it looks a cracking supporters club with a cracking set up.

GaryJones

Another brilliant meeting with very frank views and insights expressed by both CCFC staff and fans.
I thought Abu Ogogo was very well spoken and very confident and both he and Brandon Mason came over as genuine and very nice people who are going to do their very best for Coventry City.
The head of recruitment was fascinating and is planning for the next 2 years with one eye on bringing players through with one eye on the Championship.

It sounds like the club have a plan going forward and I for one am very excited about the future of the club.

fernandopartridge

Another brilliant meeting with very frank views and insights expressed by both CCFC staff and fans.
I thought Abu Ogogo was very well spoken and very confident and both he and Brandon Mason came over as genuine and very nice people who are going to do their very best for Coventry City.
The head of recruitment was fascinating and is planning for the next 2 years with one eye on bringing players through with one eye on the Championship.

It sounds like the club have a plan going forward and I for one am very excited about the future of the club.

Let's hope the Head of Recruitment demonstrates his worth this season, signs so far aren't promising.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I've asked before what has been said at meetings but no one is forthcoming, maybe that's something that's stipulated by guests from the club prior to the event or maybe they're just a bunch of cunts!!
You're right though, it looks a cracking supporters club with a cracking set up.

I've tried to start the day on a positive for once ha! Would be nice to hear what's said, to know what's really going on.

Would also be great if we could have a couple more supporters clubs set up for different areas/regions.

Nick

Administrator

What was Boddy saying?

GaryJones

He is going to try and sort the stadium situation out in September.
McNulty sale to Reading came out of the blue and was not expected - selling him however means that we do not need to sell ANY other players all season.
We are still chasing "a certain striker" and are prepared to wait rather than panic buy.

SkyBlueCRJ

He is going to try and sort the stadium situation out in September.
McNulty sale to Reading came out of the blue and was not expected - selling him however means that we do not need to sell ANY other players all season.
We are still chasing "a certain striker" and are prepared to wait rather than panic buy.

I'm sure you're paraphrasing but interesting words from DB. Surely it's the James Maddison money that means we don't have to sell any players this season? As a result of this I thought it was insinuated that McNutly's transfer fee was to be reinvested into the playing budget? I might be reading too much into it but IMO that sounds like most will be used to cover losses.

GaryJones

Well - it was definitely The Ricoh and I'm assuming it was next month however he can only do so much. He did say he has a good relationship with Wasps.
I'm aware that Wasps have stated that they will not entertain any further Stadium discussion whilst the CCFC owners are still tied up in the legal wrangle so I don't know how further forward he will be able to take it TBH.

james raffell

Another really good meeting and sometimes I do get the impression that they say what we want to hear.
I thought it was interesting when the recruitment bloke said Bakayoko is someone from the previous bloke, however we still signed him during his time at the club.
I’ve had issues with DB in the past but I will say that he always sticks his neck out and tries to be a face for the club.
Both players came across really well too

GaryJones

I'm sure you're paraphrasing but interesting words from DB. Surely it's the James Maddison money that means we don't have to sell any players this season? As a result of this I thought it was insinuated that McNutly's transfer fee was to be reinvested into the playing budget? I might be reading too much into it but IMO that sounds like most will be used to cover losses.
I think the McNulty money has been used to reinvest in the team (including U23s) - I also think that we do have more to spend. Some of this would have already been spent if the Portsmouth transaction had already taken place.
I'm sure some funds are still available for the next window also.
The club is running as a self-sustainable business model which is very sensible however the owners are still making extra money available (over and above any trading surpluses ) if required as long as its paid back.

SkyBlueCRJ

I think the McNulty money has been used to reinvest in the team (including U23s) - I also think that we do have more to spend. Some of this would have already been spent if the Portsmouth transaction had already taken place.
I'm sure some funds are still available for the next window also.
The club is running as a self-sustainable business model which is very sensible however the owners are still making extra money available (over and above any trading surpluses ) if required as long as its paid back.

It's understandable that not all the McNulty fee will be used for the playing budget as some may have been set aside for general operations but DB should choose his words carefully as to the conspiracy theorists, his comment leaves a huge question mark over what the James Maddison has been spent on. Like you said though proportion of McNulty's fee has obviously already been spent on securing the Ogogo (signing on fee), Bakayoko (transfer fee) and Hiwula (transfer fee) along with many of the young U23 recruits that may have warranted transfer fees such as Walters and Williams. MR also publicly stated that money will be kept back for the January transfer window so again, like you said there is still money to spend that almost certainly would've been spent if the Chaplin deal had been secured. I'm probably just reading too much into an ill-phrased comment from DB.

GaryJones

I think the Chaplin deal will still happen although its down to Portsmouth to let him go - more so now Max is out for the season.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Another really good meeting and sometimes I do get the impression that they say what we want to hear.
I thought it was interesting when the recruitment bloke said Bakayoko is someone from the previous bloke, however we still signed him during his time at the club.
I’ve had issues with DB in the past but I will say that he always sticks his neck out and tries to be a face for the club.
Both players came across really well too

I haven't met DB personally but in his credit he has regularly come out and communicated with the fans rather than Mr Fisher who pops up antagonistically every so often then disappears again for months.

It helps to build relations with the fans, if the club communicates decisions. Some people will always moan though, there was someone on the radio a few weeks ago saying he had ordered a home shirt weeks ago and it still hadn't shown up and how the club don't want the hassle of selling football shirts so they only order a handful. Total nonsense, what business, (nevermind SISU!), would turn down the opportunity to sell a £2-cost nylon shirt to a ranting middle aged bloke for £45?!

GaryJones

Dave Boddy definitely says it as it is. If he cant answer something he says so.
I agree that he is building bridges with the fans and with Wasps and this can only be good for the club.
I think the owners and Mr Fisher have realised that the PR should be left to Dave Boddy - Long may this continue as he and his staff are doing a sterling job!

GaryJones

One other thing from last nights meeting was that Dujon Sterling does NOT have a clause stating that he has to play so many games.

SlowerThanPlatt

One other thing from last nights meeting was that Dujon Sterling does NOT have a clause stating that he has to play so many games.

Even if we did commit to a deal like that, I think he’d still deny it as its pandering to the elite and not what the fans want to hear

joemercersaces

I think this supporters club is fantastic. Over 100 people there last night, enthusiastic, energised. That club is now taking coach loads of fans to every away match. There’s possibly more Cov fans going away from Leamington alone than some clubs can muster. Juggy has built a really positive relationship with the club,with players regularly turning up to these events, reciprocal sponsorship of boots etc, young fans being encouraged to get involved with player interviews, all great stuff. I’ve been supporting City since 1969 and I’ve never known anything quite like it. Last night Abu and Brandon actually looked like they were enjoying themselves, word spreads among players and so more will be happy to come to such events. Jordan Shipley’s Dad is always there and Jordan showed up. It’s a close knit thing going from strength to strength and great to be part of. Every other area, Cov, Rugby, Nuneaton they should all do something similar.

GaryJones

On board Supporters Club coach to Gillingham now.
Everyone upbeat after Thursdays meeting - believe in what MR is trying to do - trust me we are on the right path - defeats and bad performances are simply bumps in the road.

GaryJones

Great trip - just about to start watching Cov vs Derby last game at Highfield Road.
This is the way to spend a Saturday (let’s hope todays game doesn’t mess up the day).

HerneBayGaz

On board Supporters Club coach to Gillingham now.
Everyone upbeat after Thursdays meeting - believe in what MR is trying to do - trust me we are on the right path - defeats and bad performances are simply bumps in the road.

Have a safe journey folks. I'm leaving at 1. Nice easy trip For us Kent based fans.

I'm still getting over that debacle performance Tuesday. And the 13 hours on the road. Wish I hadn't have bothered now

Covkid1968#

I think this supporters club is fantastic. Over 100 people there last night, enthusiastic, energised. That club is now taking coach loads of fans to every away match. There’s possibly more Cov fans going away from Leamington alone than some clubs can muster. Juggy has built a really positive relationship with the club,with players regularly turning up to these events, reciprocal sponsorship of boots etc, young fans being encouraged to get involved with player interviews, all great stuff. I’ve been supporting City since 1969 and I’ve never known anything quite like it. Last night Abu and Brandon actually looked like they were enjoying themselves, word spreads among players and so more will be happy to come to such events. Jordan Shipley’s Dad is always there and Jordan showed up. It’s a close knit thing going from strength to strength and great to be part of. Every other area, Cov, Rugby, Nuneaton they should all do something similar.

Yeah - Juggy is the master of schmoozing and persuasion.....and can def get a good vibe going. He talked me into going into the CWR studio with him for the phone in when I was adamant I would never do it!!!

LastGarrison

Juggy’s a nice bloke but I can never forget when he started at my place and he asked if any of us were Cov fans then introduced himself as ‘Juggy from the radio’.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Juggy’s a nice bloke but I can never forget when he started at my place and he asked if any of us were Cov fans then introduced himself as ‘Juggy from the radio’.
He started at your place ? Hope you called the police . :emoji_fearful:

Adge

Yep it’s certainly going from strength to strength and £10 for the year is very reasonable to join.
Not too bad for people who were just after back pats and cuddles.:emoji_rolling_eyes:

GaryJones

We had a good day today - Juggy & Paul organise it like a well oiled machine!
I will be bringing a couple of offers to your attention in the next couple of days so if anyone is interested keep your eyes on SBT and we can get you involved.
PUSB

GaryJones

Oh I changed my Avatar from Kevin Nolan’s miserable face to Borat as I think Nolan’s got enough on his plate being bottom of League 2 right now!

Users who are viewing this thread