Match Thread Leamington match thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can Allen Kelly bayliss all play together as the 3 in midfield or does one need to drop out?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They would be fine

cooperskyblue

You could definitely have Kelly sitting with Bayliss and Allen either side with 2 og Hiwula/Jobello/Kastaneer either side of Baka.

Nice to know we have the capabilities of going 433 as well as our 4231.

Allen certainly liked to arrive late into the box so can see him scoring a few goals.

Mucca Mad Boys

Can Allen Kelly bayliss all play together as the 3 in midfield or does one need to drop out?

I would be happy with this midfield trio.

Right now, I imagined 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 would be our most viable options for formations. Returning to 4-2-3-1 is dependent on Bright signing in my view.

Mucca Mad Boys

Exciting trio assuming jordi and one of the two wingers start with baka up top?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jones? I can’t see him making an appearance even off the bench until October/November time.
Kastaneer and Jobello sound like they played really well and make a good impact in this league. Jones will likely be an afterthought for a while.

Right now, I’d choose Hiwula upfront in a 4-3-3, or partner Chaplin in a 4-4-2 at this moment in time.

WillenhallSkyBlues

Good little test yesterday. Played well. A lot of fans there for a pre season all leaving very pleased with what they’ve seen so far. All the players taking pics with fans and Shipley coming into the club house after chatting to all the fans in there.
Some cracking little pubs in leamington too.

cc84cov

Kelly Allen
Kastaneer Bayliss jobello
Hiwula

Would be my pick to start with from What we have so far,give Bayliss free roam from the No.10 position I think would get the best from him.

robbiekeane

Jones? I can’t see him making an appearance even off the bench until October/November time.
Kastaneer and Jobello sound like they played really well and make a good impact in this league. Jones will likely be an afterthought for a while.

Right now, I’d choose Hiwula upfront in a 4-3-3, or partner Chaplin in a 4-4-2 at this moment in time.
Read it again with glasses on....

Jcap

Decent set of highlights that, much better than I was expecting. Looked like our first goal was a mis-hit shot going wide that went in off Pask's face - so really he should get credit for 2?

fernandopartridge

I'd like to see Jordy up top in a 4231 but as others have said it was more 433 today. Those having a go at Conor presumably either didn't go, dont understand football or because they think he's likely off as he looked really sharp. Perhaps not in terms of finishing but a bit more pace than I'd previously given him credit for and some very decent first touches to create space for himself.
Chaplin has good movement, just needs a few goals to go in to get him firing i think.

Nick

Administrator
Kelly Allen
Kastaneer Bayliss jobello
Hiwula

Would be my pick to start with from What we have so far,give Bayliss free roam from the No.10 position I think would get the best from him.
We didn't play that, we had one deep with 2 in front

BUSA

Ponticelli & Wakefield are in UK still based on social media posts so guess they’ll be loaned out shortly probably along with alessani & maycock

skyblue025

I'm loving that we are talking about football again. Full of optimism for the new season and not arguing about all the knobs back in Coventry/London. Long may it continue.

Ricketts

Good highlights, thanks Leamington. We looked comfortable. I noticed that we took a long throw that led to Shipleys goal, and nearly conceded from one of our normal, 'short throw, back to the thrower' routines. (I hope I haven't given away any set-piece secrets!)

Users who are viewing this thread