Leaked emails... (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

There is a sudden glut of people posting emails from particular figures in the acl v sisu saga.

It seems there are people either have hacked into these figures email accounts or are very close to the situation and using this forum to post email exchanges.

Whilst it is interesting to read these emails, nothing will ever get done between these parties if you put your dirty laundry out in the public domain like this.

I encourage all parties to swiftly move on from the JR result and actually action some of the comments made recently. Lucas has stated the door is open for CCFC to return home and Fisher has stated they need to rebuild relationships and the fans are the priority. Fisher says it's not about rent. If so get back to the Ricoh in the short term in the hope a longer term solution can be sought. You will still gain larger profits by playing at the Ricoh than sixfields based on the low attendance figures there.

What is abundantly clear is that Joy Seppala is the only decision maker on behalf of CCFC. For this reason Joy needs to accept the olive branch for discussions from Lucas. No more middle men and lost in translation conversations. Get the decisions makers in one room and get the ball rolling.

It's about time all parties implement these words. Actions speak louder than words and there has never been a more important time to do so.

Stop acting like a bunch of children and act like proper adults in a business world.

The CCFC fans deserve this as a minimum if you really respect us.

shmmeee

I've only read the "To Tim, Love Gary" email, where's the rest of the glut?

skybluetony176

It begs the question. Should we feel sorry for Tim as he's in what seems like an impossible position?

Before I get called a sisu apologist and tarnish my perfect reputation let me explain.

If my understanding is correct it's TF's responsibility under company law as a director of CCFC to ensure that the decisions "he" makes are in the best interest of CCFC. What was the last decision made for CCFC that served in it's best interests, if the decisions made don't serve the clubs best interests then surely TF can expect some comeback from whoever police's company directors.

If JS is making the decisions for Tim and she isn't a director of CCFC then she's never going to get any comeback personally, surely? So back to my original point. Is TF little more than a fall guy and should we feel sorry for him as he's the only one who can be held to account? That's a lot of ifs and buts.

Grendel

It begs the question. Should we feel sorry for Tim as he's in what seems like an impossible position?

Before I get called a sisu apologist and tarnish my perfect reputation let me explain.

If my understanding is correct it's TF's responsibility under company law as a director of CCFC to ensure that the decisions "he" makes are in the best interest of CCFC. What was the last decision made for CCFC that served in it's best interests, if the decisions made don't serve the clubs best interests then surely TF can expect some comeback from whoever police's company directors.

If JS is making the decisions for Tim and she isn't a director of CCFC then she's never going to get any comeback personally, surely? So back to my original point. Is TF little more than a fall guy and should we feel sorry for him as he's the only one who can be held to account? That's a lot of ifs and buts.

No you shouldn't feel sorry for him. Its a difficult job to front an organisation that has alienated its consumers but its well paid and a job he chose to take.

At the interview the other day he seemed very lazy in his answers and just stuck to some well worn cliches.

This means either he has had enough or as I suspect the "defeat" at the JR was what they may have wanted.

J

Jack Griffin

I think the concept of a 'shadow director' is recognised in law.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/insmanual/ins44133.htm

rupert_bear

If Fisher gets sent down for his actions he better hope he doesn't get banged up with a mate of mine who has just been served with a 5 stretch and is in the "Green" at the moment. He is a Cov nutter in every sense of the word, always has been and violence is his pastime

duffer

I think the concept of a 'shadow director' is recognised in law.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/insmanual/ins44133.htm

Which leads me to two (moderately) interesting points.

1) Have CCFC declared JS as a director to the FL, which I think they are obliged to do even if she's a 'shadow' director (Section 3, Owners' and Directors' Test, http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-3_2293633_2128209)?

2) If so, and CCFC was to go into Administration again, then I think by those rules that neither Fisher nor Seppala would be able to act as directors for the club again. This would seem to preclude SISU buying the club out of admin again, given that SISU and JS seem inseparable.

Finally, and just as an aside, given that Byng was expelled from a professional body (http://www.rics.org/uk/regulation/d...s/mr-michael-byng-2-january--20-january-2010/), then I think that under Section (j) of the Disqualifying Conditions he is in effect not regarded as a fit and proper person to become director of a football club. I trust his chinese investors are aware of of this. Ah, why worry, he's probably sent them an email about it. ;)

And of course, this all assumes that the FL stick to and enforce their own rules.

AndreasB

If Fisher gets sent down for his actions he better hope he doesn't get banged up with a mate of mine who has just been served with a 5 stretch and is in the "Green" at the moment. He is a Cov nutter in every sense of the word, always has been and violence is his pastime

Sounds a delightful fellow, you must be so proud.

torchomatic

Hobo

I detest SISU, but don't see any reason why Fisher would be sent down? Sorry to disappoint your mate in the Green.

Jim

Which leads me to two (moderately) interesting points.

1) Have CCFC declared JS as a director to the FL, which I think they are obliged to do even if she's a 'shadow' director (Section 3, Owners' and Directors' Test, http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20130704/appendix-3_2293633_2128209)?

2) If so, and CCFC was to go into Administration again, then I think by those rules that neither Fisher nor Seppala would be able to act as directors for the club again. This would seem to preclude SISU buying the club out of admin again, given that SISU and JS seem inseparable.

Finally, and just as an aside, given that Byng was expelled from a professional body (http://www.rics.org/uk/regulation/d...s/mr-michael-byng-2-january--20-january-2010/), then I think that under Section (j) of the Disqualifying Conditions he is in effect not regarded as a fit and proper person to become director of a football club. I trust his chinese investors are aware of of this. Ah, why worry, he's probably sent them an email about it. ;)

And of course, this all assumes that the FL stick to and enforce their own rules.

Leeds owner Cellino managed to pass the fit and proper persons test despite a fraud conviction. Think that tells us all we need to know.....

hill83

Tell your mate I'll meet him down the Wheatsheaf when he gets out and spank his botty the naughty boy.

RPHunt

I suspect Fisher will have a more unpleasant nutter to deal with when she finds out that he has been going around telling people she is 'bonkers'.

turlykerd

Another example of FL incompetence and spinelessness........

WM

i know right ??

its like the football league need a fit and proper test for themselves before they try vetting anyone else :(

its also like having jimmy saville on the board of governors at broadmore........

oh :(

skybluetony176

No you shouldn't feel sorry for him. Its a difficult job to front an organisation that has alienated its consumers but its well paid and a job he chose to take.

At the interview the other day he seemed very lazy in his answers and just stuck to some well worn cliches.

This means either he has had enough or as I suspect the "defeat" at the JR was what they may have wanted.

Did I read that last sentence correctly?

In you're opinion sisu wanted to "lose" the JR?

Or did I get that completely wrong?

skybluericoh

I cannot think of anything in this world that would ever make me feel sorry for Tim Fisher. I would not wish ill on anybody, I would help most if they were in trouble, friend or stranger. But that bloke, if was on fire and I had a bucket of water on me I'd empty the water on my way to the petrol station! Not saying I'd pour it on him, but would be tempted.

This is a first, I agree with you apart from the last bit about the JR. Why on earth would they have wanted to lose that?

duffer

I've met Fisher, briefly, as have a few others on the forum I think.

I don't care much for what has happened to the club under his reign, but if you met him on an individual basis I think most would find him amicable and intelligent. In truth I found myself rather embarassed, because when I was talking to him I couldn't help thinking about all of the unnecessarily personal stuff that I've posted here and elsewhere. It's borne of anger, but that doesn't make it right, or fair, and I apologised to him for it. He didn't ask me to apologise btw, and he was quick to offer in return that he knew he had made mistakes. I still don't agree with what he's done, or what he appears to still be doing, but as a man he went up in my estimation that day.

I guess the point I'm making is that threats of violence and cheap insults get us nowhere, imho. We've got to be bigger than that.

DaleM

I've met Fisher, briefly, as have a few others on the forum I think.

I don't care much for what has happened to the club under his reign, but if you met him on an individual basis I think most would find him amicable and intelligent. In truth I found myself rather embarassed, because when I was talking to him I couldn't help thinking about all of the unnecessarily personal stuff that I've posted here and elsewhere. It's borne of anger, but that doesn't make it right, or fair, and I apologised to him for it. He didn't ask me to apologise btw, and he was quick to offer in return that he knew he had made mistakes. I still don't agree with what he's done, or what he appears to still be doing, but as a man he went up in my estimation that day.

I guess the point I'm making is that threats of violence and cheap insults get us nowhere, imho. We've got to be bigger than that.

Nah fuck that twat the tool :whistle:

martcov

This is a first, I agree with you apart from the last bit about the JR. Why on earth would they have wanted to lose that?

I would also like to know why they would like to be defeated. The JR vindicated all people who saw through SISU's plan to get the stadium on the cheap and their insinuations of wrong doing by the council. The "watch this space" people must be embarassed ( in particular RFC ) as no relevant dirty washing from ACL or CCC was aired - if anything their actions were shown to be legal and justified. I hope Grendel can explain why he suspected this abysmal defeat was wanted and let us know how SISU are going to celebrate...

You come out with some rubbish, ( the "defeat" at the JR was what they may have wanted) do they pay refuse collecters £100,000 a year?

Grendel

Don't be so stupid G. If Sisu wanted defeat why instigate it in the first place??

So they can appeal and drag the court process out for as long as possible. Court fees for 2 or 3 cases over several years if this busts ACL? No brainer.

skybluetony176

So they can appeal and drag the court process out for as long as possible. Court fees for 2 or 3 cases over several years if this busts ACL? No brainer.

So how much are they planning to spend on legal fees to do this? How much have they spent already? What if the judge rules on Friday that they have to pay CCC's costs to date? How much did Arvo have to invest in share issues last season to keep the club afloat? How much more will they have to invest in the same way over several years until ACL go bust?

If ACL go bust before the club does why would CCC have to issue a lease to sisu? What would stop CCC issuing a lease to a different company? What would stop CCC and/or Higgs starting a new venture of a new management company and issuing it with a lease for the Ricoh?

RPHunt

Originally Posted by Grendel "So they can appeal and drag the court process out for as long as possible. Court fees for 2 or 3 cases over several years if this busts ACL? No brainer."

Except that it is the council and not ACL that are defending the action - no brains.

Tonylinc

Ridiculous! Firstly, ACL are not the Defendants CCC are and secondly they will almost certainly loose and costs will be awarded against them. Think again my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread