• Just outside relegation

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Relegation

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Bottom

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

NorthernWisdom

Buy we've gone from league one at SAs with the arse end of the season BCDs, to a season in the Championship BCDs to fans back in the ground and a supposedly half decent deal at the Ricoh/CBS.
Surely that allows for an increase in playing budget? I can accept that maybe given what's gone on with covid we need to stady the financial ship and there's a paucity of business being done in the Championship but this can't be the model long term in this league.
There's every chance we overspent the promotion season, and last season though. To buy Hamer (even if financed by Overson) and Walker was really quite something, given the circunstances. Even signing O'Hare too, as he wouldn't have been short of offers. Couple that with potentially some past incoming transfer fee installments coming to an end, there's every chance what the CBS deal does is just stop us *having* to sell the likes of O'Hare to the first bidder - this could be our increase in budget!

Also fair to say that Waghorn and Moore probably on more cash than the people who left (although I won't have it that Waghorn's on *that* much really).

It is, as they say, where we are. And while we're quoting Fisher, he always said our model wouldn't work in this league...

NorthernWisdom

As for budgets, it's not just paying for Covid last season as well. It'd be a brave man who could guarantee that the season will pass without some attendance restrictions at some point, and there will be a certain nervousness amongst some people about going back - so it'd be a wild club who didn't at least acknowledge the risk of their budgeted attendance figures being out.

Philosorapter

I'm quietly confident the club is going in the right direction to carry on climbing up this league.

Back in their home city, soon to be increased income from the new Tavern. A club shop in the stadium itself. New CMS system in the wings. If any of these monies can be put back into the infrastructure of the club or increase the quality of the squad etc then there is a stadium to fill there.

Gint11

We need a couple more additions but I think we’ll be fine. It will be an uncomfortable season again but id expect the 3 promoted teams to struggle and I can’t see how Derby are going to do well at the minute and that’s without other struggling teams who haven't signed a dickie bird.
In saying that, we need a fully fit team and then we’ll win the league by far 😉

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We need a couple more additions but I think we’ll be fine. It will be an uncomfortable season again but id expect the 3 promoted teams to struggle and I can’t see how Derby are going to do well at the minute and that’s without other struggling teams who haven't signed a dickie bird.
In saying that, we need a fully fit team and then we’ll win the league by far 😉

I think Dickie Bird might be a bit too old. And get a bit muddled up with offside and LBW.

Hod dog

i think you have to be realistic, it will be another nervy season near the bottom, it isnt just the first season that is tough as proven so many times the second season tends to have that "second season syndrome"

i would love to say 16th again would be very nice.

i think derby, p'borough, hull, huddersfield, millwall will be below us, then think luton are going to have a tougher year, and we will hopefully be in the bracket just above with the likes of blackburn, preston, blackpool who i think will do ok

covmark

A fairly comfortable 15th. Season of championship consolidation.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread