• Just outside relegation

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Relegation

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Bottom

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Where do you think we will finish with the current team, this can be subject to change after we have made more signings

Terry Gibson's perm

I’ve gone mid table, we haven’t done a lot of business but some clubs seem to have done none, if they don’t sort something out Blackburn will struggle and Derby look to have a few small issues to deal with.

clint van damme

Expect a similar season to last season.
There is a case to be made for saying the current squad is weaker than the one that we finished with last season.

Going forward the owners need a plan to try and improve the squad season on season, maybe they had one and covid changed it but I'm probably giving them too much credit.

Sky Blue Pete

Expect a similar season to last season.
There is a case to be made for saying the current squad is weaker than the one that we finished with last season.

Going forward the owners need a plan to try and improve the squad season on season, maybe they had one and covid changed it but I'm probably giving them too much credit.
Think it’s mainly down to robins and boddy to progress. Trickiest part is not selling a prospect

clint van damme

Think it’s mainly down to robins and boddy to progress. Trickiest part is not selling a prospect

But an increased budget would make progression a lot easier!
If that doesn't happen then surely, to quote Fisher, 'we're at the top of the cycle, time to sell'.

lifeskyblue

18/19th…can’t see, at the moment, any improvement in squad. A couple signings/loans in the next week or so will hopefully push us up to mid table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

But an increased budget would make progression a lot easier!
If that doesn't happen then surely, to quote Fisher, 'we're at the top of the cycle, time to sell'.
I think it’s unhelpful sometimes to quote people years after they said what they said. However you can see exactly what we are up against trying to progress each window when selling a top prospect is almost necessary

shmmeee

I think it’s unhelpful sometimes to quote people years after they said what they said. However you can see exactly what we are up against trying to progress each window when selling a top prospect is almost necessary

Won’t be any top prospects if we can’t sign anyone. The two we have we spent either decent wages or decent money on last summer.

If your business model is selling players you need to not run out of stock.

clint van damme

Buy we've gone from league one at SAs with the arse end of the season BCDs, to a season in the Championship BCDs to fans back in the ground and a supposedly half decent deal at the Ricoh/CBS.
Surely that allows for an increase in playing budget? I can accept that maybe given what's gone on with covid we need to stady the financial ship and there's a paucity of business being done in the Championship but this can't be the model long term in this league.

Sky Blue Pete

Won’t be any top prospects if we can’t sign anyone. The two we have we spent either decent wages or decent money on last summer.

If your business model is selling players you need to not run out of stock.
Yep agreed although they normally come up through our own ranks
You’d think

ohare
Hamer
Sheaf
Gyokeres
All have potential to progress and become more and more valuable

Sky Blue Pete

Buy we've gone from league one at SAs with the arse end of the season BCDs, to a season in the Championship BCDs to fans back in the ground and a supposedly half decent deal at the Ricoh/CBS.
Surely that allows for an increase in playing budget? I can accept that maybe given what's gone on with covid we need to stady the financial ship and there's a paucity of business being done in the Championship but this can't be the model long term in this league.
Quite! I think shmmee is correct about how far we can progress.

shmmeee

Yep agreed although they normally come up through our own ranks
You’d think

ohare
Hamer
Sheaf
Gyokeres
All have potential to progress and become more and more valuable

They do. My concern is we’re still after a DM so Sheaf won’t play and we are going to spend the season with our backs against the wall and our strikers/O’Hare isolated again.

Walker should be on that list too but likely won’t get in ahead of Waghorn.

NortonSkyBlue

This will be a season like no other, I have put mid-table and even if we just replace the loan defenders then we about where we were last season.
Getting them replaced and getting to the next transfer window will be the barometer of where the other teams are as well as us. Could be surprised, could be disappointed

Covstu

Defence still a massive issue, McFadden another year older and slower with no perm replacement just yet but I’m sure MR will address soon. I think 16th

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Defence still a massive issue, McFadden another year older and slower with no perm replacement just yet but I’m sure MR will address soon. I think 16th

He's got years left in him - he's Evergreen. We could let him go, but then we'd never know how good life could be with him in our back three.

Bad Boy

1st, automatic promotion.

Blow everyone away.

Off to the doctors shortly and then the gents outfitters for a nice tight fitting suit!

AOM

Can see another season where we have a must win game to avoid relegation similar to Rotherham away.
Think we'll stay up again but 18th-20th

fatso

I've gone for 18th, but if we can get 2 or 3 decent defenders in, it could change to mid table.

Users who are viewing this thread