League Position at end of season. (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

here's a promise for you........................I will be at the game on Tuesday night in the AEHT stand and I promise if we lose I will throw my S/T book on the pitch and will walk away forever, after 48 yrs I have had it. Look out for me!!!!! :mad:

I will hold you to that. As we will probaly lose it.

Kingokings204

I think we will go down. We are not good enough. It's as simple as that for me. The only chance we have is sacking SP and that's it.

SIR ERNIE

The squad looked like a relegation squad at the start of the season and all that's happened so far has confirmed it.

Not ashamed to say I backed us for relegation at the start of the season. Confident I will collect.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The squad looked like a relegation squad at the start of the season and all that's happened so far has confirmed it.

Not ashamed to say I backed us for relegation at the start of the season. Confident I will collect.

Pressley is making it play like a relegation squad, on paper it's stronger than a fair few others in this division.

Gazolba

Assuming SP remains as manager, which is extremely likely, where do you think we will finish this season

Based on current form, we will be relegated. It's more likely that the teams below us will pick up points than we will. Remember, Crewe were bottom just a while ago but they have pulled themselves clear of the drop zone. My worry is the new signings will be infected with the Coventry 'disease' and lose their initial enthusiasm. We need to start winning at home and quickly.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I backed us to go down in the summer as well.

Cov kid 55

I was at Preston yesterday, and thought we showed enough to be able to pull clear of relegation, and should finish mid table. In the first half we had lots of possession but didn't use the ball effectively in an attacking sense, perhaps due to a lack of confidence. In the second half, we took the game to them and were clearly the better team. If Frank Nouble had scored from his chance (did he get a bad bobble?) we could well have gone on and won the game. The effort of the team was recognised by the fans at the end of the game.

This is my first post, having followed this forum for the last few months. I know that things are desperately difficult for our club, and our supporters, and that the frustration seen on this forum is totally understandable. I am, however, right behind the team and our Manager, and believe that now is the time to be positive, and to get right behind the team, as I don't really see what the alternative is.

ccfcway

I was at Preston yesterday, and thought we showed enough to be able to pull clear of relegation, and should finish mid table. In the first half we had lots of possession but didn't use the ball effectively in an attacking sense, perhaps due to a lack of confidence. In the second half, we took the game to them and were clearly the better team. If Frank Nouble had scored from his chance (did he get a bad bobble?) we could well have gone on and won the game. The effort of the team was recognised by the fans at the end of the game.

This is my first post, having followed this forum for the last few months. I know that things are desperately difficult for our club, and our supporters, and that the frustration seen on this forum is totally understandable. I am, however, right behind the team and our Manager, and believe that now is the time to be positive, and to get right behind the team, as I don't really see what the alternative is.

not knocking you at all, but we were playing a team woefully short of confidence and a striker who hadent scored for a very very long time (since he last scored against us) we might have played ok for 45 mins again, but we are in a season where the CEO and the manager are looking at a promotion push and we are fighting for survival not to go down.

covboy1987

Th way it is going relegation it is a strong possibility to the conference within two years - something needs to change at the top

The Gentleman

Unfortunately I can only see relegation. There are a few reasons why I say this and a couple of them are that I cannot see Pressley getting the boot and that man is useless and the other is that we don't have anywhere near enough strength in depth in the important positions. Our keepers ain't great, our centre halves aren't much better (and the fact that he keeps persisting with Webster) and our centre midfield players are not strong enough and there are no goals from midfield. Goals win games and the fact we struggle to score with our forwards let alone with our midfielders not chipping in will hurt us.

SkyBlueAussie

As Coventry begins with "C" we should be just below Carlisle in League 2 (assuming Cheltenham will be relegated).

Last edited:

bawtryneal

i wish I had your positive attitude. For the last 45 years I have had it, but it has been taken from me. Not sure how old you are and how long you been supporting the Sky Blues but keep the faith. Not many of you left.

Users who are viewing this thread