League One (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue

Might not be as bad as everyone is expecting.
If we can keep a team looking like this
Murphy
Clarke, McPake/Cameron, Wood, Hussey
Baker, Bigirimana, Deegan/Thomas, McSheffery
Platt/O'Donovan/Clarke-Harris, McDonald
with some wise captures of released League One player than I believe we'll have a fair chance next year. I know the back room situation is awful but we do have a true fan of the club in Hoffman who has the clubs best interests at heart, if we can get that sorted out then next season could be a pretty good one indeed. While the gloom and doom in understandable, it's not over our club as some are suggesting. PUSB

Tom Ball

I don't see McPake or O'Donovan playing for the club again, I believe they got loaned out to get them off the wage bill, with hibs forking out for them. So would of thought they'll try to get rid of them. Platt's out of contract at the end of the season, knowing SISU they won't give the permission to keep him. But looking at that as our starting 11 our subs bench would be youth players

mark82

I don't see McPake or O'Donovan playing for the club again, I believe they got loaned out to get them off the wage bill, with hibs forking out for them. So would of thought they'll try to get rid of them. Platt's out of contract at the end of the season, knowing SISU they won't give the permission to keep him. But looking at that as our starting 11 our subs bench would be youth players

Youth players on subs bench is not unheard of in league 1. Sheffield United were in a similar situation to us when they came down and have done okay. We will be fine. Top 6.

rob9872

I think Wood would be great in that league, but I assume we will need to move him on. Coleman went after him strongly and a fee was involved so I would expect him to be a high earner. I think Sheffers too will need a pay cut if he wants to stay which will be a test of his 'loyalty', the others I can see still being here. As you say it wouldn't be an awful side and I would think the standard will be a decent one for the young lads to learn their trade. I also think being a bigger fish will help.I'm under no illusions that we are a big club any longer but with our facilities and ground, you would think if a player has two similar offers from eg us and Wallsall, that we would stand a good chance of securing the player who may see us a stepping stone to greater things.

mark82

I think Wood would be great in that league, but I assume we will need to move him on. Coleman went after him strongly and a fee was involved so I would expect him to be a high earner. I think Sheffers too will need a pay cut if he wants to stay which will be a test of his 'loyalty', the others I can see still being here. As you say it wouldn't be an awful side and I would think the standard will be a decent one for the young lads to learn their trade. I also think being a bigger fish will help.I'm under no illusions that we are a big club any longer but with our facilities and ground, you would think if a player has two similar offers from eg us and Wallsall, that we would stand a good chance of securing the player who may see us a stepping stone to greater things.

Exactly. Us & Pompey will likely be the biggest clubs in the league assuming current top 3 all go up. Doesn't guarantee us anything but I don't foresee all the doom and gloom others see.

Gaz

We will never do any good why we have sisu imo, example being that if that was our team next season and we started life in league 1 in good form and say found ourselfs top 3 or 4, then whoever our best performers were, would simply be sold off.

Look at Jordan Rhodes at Huddersfield, there is no way that we wouldn't have sold him if he was playing for us.

mark82

We will never do any good why we have sisu imo, example being that if that was our team next season and we started life in league 1 in good form and say found ourselfs top 3 or 4, then whoever our best performers were, would simply be sold off.

Look at Jordan Rhodes at Huddersfield, there is no way that we wouldn't have sold him if he was playing for us.

I kind of agree, but Huddersfield would still be top 6 if they had sold him. We will be good enough for top 6.

I have a bet on with a Huddersfield fan at work that we will be above them in the league at the end of next season, and firmly believe I will win if they don't get promoted via the playoffs.

Stevec189

Youth players on subs bench is not unheard of in league 1. Sheffield United were in a similar situation to us when they came down and have done okay. We will be fine. Top 6.

Shef Utd have a budget three times ours and failure to get promoted this year would have meant certain financial ruin for them. From that team I personally think McPake is uselss. Clarke Bigi Thomas will be gone and ROD won't come back either. It is going to be really hard to get out of Div 1. I think we will do a Preston and be mid table with fans expecting a promotion push! Hope I'm wrong! PUSB

mark82

Shef Utd have a budget three times ours and failure to get promoted this year would have meant certain financial ruin for them. From that team I personally think McPake is uselss. Clarke Bigi Thomas will be gone and ROD won't come back either. It is going to be really hard to get out of Div 1. I think we will do a Preston and be mid table with fans expecting a promotion push! Hope I'm wrong! PUSB

Can't see Clarke, Bigi & Thomas going.

Gaz

I kind of agree, but Huddersfield would still be top 6 if they had sold him. We will be good enough for top 6.

I have a bet on with a Huddersfield fan at work that we will be above them in the league at the end of next season, and firmly believe I will win if they don't get promoted via the playoffs.

Fingers crossed you are right Mark
The only problem for us is that any sold wont be replaced and i don't see us adding more to the squad over the summer than what we lose.

mark82

Take a look at Sheffield utd squad. Not many players that would get into our team (couple of glaringly obvious ones, granted).

mark82

Fingers crossed you are right Mark
The only problem for us is that any sold wont be replaced and i don't see us adding more to the squad over the summer than what we lose.

Can only wait and see. But I will be equally if not more excited come the start of next season than I was this.

dongonzalos

Might not be as bad as everyone is expecting.
If we can keep a team looking like this
Murphy
Clarke, McPake/Cameron, Wood, Hussey
Baker, Bigirimana, Deegan/Thomas, McSheffery
Platt/O'Donovan/Clarke-Harris, McDonald
with some wise captures of released League One player than I believe we'll have a fair chance next year. I know the back room situation is awful but we do have a true fan of the club in Hoffman who has the clubs best interests at heart, if we can get that sorted out then next season could be a pretty good one indeed. While the gloom and doom in understandable, it's not over our club as some are suggesting. PUSB

That 11 is good enough to win league one. However it is just 11. We had 11 good enough to stay up in the championship. However it is not good unless you have a squad.

I agree we have a chance if SISU go.

However if there are here to then end of the summer. They will take nominal fees for anyone. I think 9 of those players would be picked up by other clubs for nominal fees so they wont be here.

Need SISU to go before the embargo is lifted

pusbccfc

Totally agree, I can see McDonald being League 1 top scorer.
Baker + Mcsheff will also score.

Likes of bigi and Clarke may struggle with the physicality of the league.

I can see us having an average attendance of 7000 if we are midtable, although I believe that figure will be far higher if we are doing well.

SkyBlue

McDonald will absolutely tear League One if he plays like he has since he returned to fitness, his movement and awareness is some of the best I've seen in a long time

Astute

The way we are going SBS will be our most valuble asset soon

Stevec189

Totally agree, I can see McDonald being League 1 top scorer.
Baker + Mcsheff will also score.

Likes of bigi and Clarke may struggle with the physicality of the league.

I can see us having an average attendance of 7000 if we are midtable, although I believe that figure will be far higher if we are doing well.

Apparently the figures suggest relegation gives a 20% drop in attendances which would put it at nearer 10000 average. Trouble is we know Bigi Thomas and Clarke are being monitored by the big boys and I think they will be gone to a top Championship (Wolves for example) or a lower premiership (Like Wigan) side. Why would they stay at a third division club with third division wages? PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread