League One Top Scorer (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

D Mc joint top scorer now on 10 , we have to keep him, maybe he might want to stay and try and win the award ( please :))

CJparker

today's performance gives me hope that there is life after DM

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
According to Clive its the first time a City player has scored away in 4 consecutive games since Clarrie Bourton in 1931!

Blimey! THAT'S a stat and a half!! :claping hands:
("GIVE IT THE OLD FIVE, BOYS!!!" Older buggers like me will remember that shout! Happy days!)

Houdi

Blimey! THAT'S a stat and a half!! :claping hands:
("GIVE IT THE OLD FIVE, BOYS!!!" Older buggers like me will remember that shout! Happy days!)
Yep in the Jimmy Hill glory days of the 1960's five goals a game were a quite a common occurence.:claping hands:

Warwickhunt

i think he will have 13 goals before his loan period ends

Grendel

I don't think Cody McDonald will be the top scorer in the League.

Greggs

My Dad also makes this reference! Made me smile!

Otis

And my old dad makes me laugh about Clarrie Bourton.

My dad is 82 and one day last year I asked if he ever watched Clarrie Bourton play. He got really annoyed at the suggestion and was most perturbed at the thought that I believed he may have seen him play. 'Well before my time' was the retort and 'How old do you think I am?'

Clarrie Bourton played at the City until 1937.

I apologised to my my dad about the suggestion and then went on to ask him when did he then in fact start going up to watch the City.

'1939' was the reply.

Fook me. I was 2 years out. :facepalm: The way he went on it was as if I was about 20 or 30 years out or something.

Parents eh. Who'd have em. :whistle:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My old dad would have been 95 now, had he still been alive, and he used to talk about Clarrie Bourton like he was a god!

Users who are viewing this thread