League One Playoffs (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

Yeah that's fine with me! Like I say, I bet most people wouldn't be bothered though. If you back it up on the pitch then you can get away with it, and he has.

I've got nothing against the player just find he's antics cringey.. you are right he has a big personality on and off the pitch. I wouldn't say he's backed it up as a bit part Cameo for the last 10 mins isn't what I call 'backed up'

Nick

Administrator
It's alright if a footballer has some personality, you know. Akinfenwa looks like he has, uh, quite a lot of it. And seems like his team-mates and Wycombe fans love him for it. I'm sure we'd be the same if he was on our promotion side.

Not at all, if he played for us and acted like that after we got promoted I'd be annoyed. Turning up to team meetings in a Liverpool shirt? Making the promotion all about him and Liverpool?

Not for me. It's not even as if he was the star player in that game, he came on for a few minutes at the end.

SBT

Not at all, if he played for us and acted like that after we got promoted I'd be annoyed. Turning up to team meetings in a Liverpool shirt? Making the promotion all about him and Liverpool?

Not for me. It's not even as if he was the star player in that game, he came on for a few minutes at the end.

I'd be hard pressed to be annoyed about any of our players after we got promoted! We've had plenty of big characters on the periphery of the first team (Tom Davies, JCH) who seemed to like lording it up, and we all loved them for it (rightly so!) None of them on the level of Akinfenwa obviously, but I don't agree he's making the promotion all about him - at least, not from the looks of this video, and his team-mates seem to love him for it (Ainsworth looks hilarious at the end too btw)

Users who are viewing this thread