League One player of the year vote (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Can only be Walsh or Toney surely.

As a goalscorer Toney grabs headlines so I'd imagine he'll get all the neutrals & less aware votes unfortunately.

Skybluedownunder

Only problem is if we vote for Walsh there’s probably a chance we will never be able to sign him again or the price jacks up. Wouldn’t we be better for voting for Dabo, might as well increase the price of one of our own haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Only problem is if we vote for Walsh there’s probably a chance we will never be able to sign him again or the price jacks up. Wouldn’t we be better for voting for Dabo, might as well increase the price of one of our own haha

It’s a fan vote, the club with the most fans will usually win it. It has no bearing on a players value

Frostie

Dabo isn't shortlisted. Walsh is only one of "our" players available to vote for.

Besides, Walsh isn't available in the short term & we've moved for Hamer instead.
Of course, if come the end of the new season Walsh hasn't agreed a new deal then we can revisit, something like this will have no bearing it's just giving the player the credit that he is due.

Skybluedownunder

It’s a fan vote, the club with the most fans will usually win it. It has no bearing on a players value

Ok but let’s say you own Walsh for example and he just won player of the year... surely you would then hold him in higher regard to not sell him so cheap

Or let’s say for arguments sake Dabo wins it... if a club wanted to buy Dabo surely you would demand a higher price to a potential buyer seeming as he is deemed the best in the league

SlowerThanPlatt

Ok but let’s say you own Walsh for example and he just won player of the year... surely you would then hold him in higher regard to not sell him so cheap

Or let’s say for arguments sake Dabo wins it... if a club wanted to buy Dabo surely you would demand a higher price to a potential buyer seeming as he is deemed the best in the league

It’s a fan vote...the player who plays for the club with the most fans will likely win. A club wouldn’t be able to demand more of a price because they have more fans than another club

JimmyHillsbeard

What a terrible website. It’s thanked me for voting in the player of the month poll as I clicked on Walsh for “more info”. Also why is Toney first on the list of nominees, it’s not alphabetical (Neither for team not player) or based on team position. Oh well I suppose I’ve voted for someone. Isn’t democracy great?

Sky Blue Harry H

Laughable - I clicked onto the website and it thanked me for my vote for Tone!. I swore and logged off. If he wins by one vote, it's 'fixed'

stevefloyd

Lets vote for Baka ;)

Walsgrave

You only need to replay that solo goal to see what a complete player Walsh was, If that clip was played to all voters, the unbiased neutral would have a hard time thinking of many players they've seen in previous League One seasons who could come up with the goods like that.

AStonesThrow

You only need to replay that solo goal to see what a complete player Walsh was, If that clip was played to all voters, the unbiased neutral would have a hard time thinking of many players they've seen in previous League One seasons who could come up with the goods like that.
I do agree with what you’ve said, but he was so much more than even just that goal. It was sensational, absolutely. But it was his movement, positioning both defensively and offensively, tactical awareness and vision that really highlighted what a top player he is. He really is the whole package for a player of his age in his position, I feel like if he keeps his head right and developing how he is, we may have another career like Jordan Henderson’s on our hands.
Amazing really when you think about the amount of players whose career has been given a kickstart by a loan to Cov. Henderson, Murphy, Van Aanholt, Armstrong just off the top of my head. Although granted we’ve had some failures too!!

Walsgrave

I do agree with what you’ve said, but he was so much more than even just that goal. It was sensational, absolutely. But it was his movement, positioning both defensively and offensively, tactical awareness and vision that really highlighted what a top player he is. He really is the whole package for a player of his age in his position, I feel like if he keeps his head right and developing how he is, we may have another career like Jordan Henderson’s on our hands.
Amazing really when you think about the amount of players whose career has been given a kickstart by a loan to Cov. Henderson, Murphy, Van Aanholt, Armstrong just off the top of my head. Although granted we’ve had some failures too!!
Oh absolutely. The goal is just a snapshot and exemplified what only those who have all of the attributes you mentioned are capable. Very few who are deficient in at least one of those attributes would be able to come up with something like that.

There's something about the fact that he is a CDM - a position so highly prized nowadays - that makes him more likely to go further than someone of a similar ability in a more competitive position such as attack. Look at Armstrong - he was brilliant in League One, but has not kicked on much since.

Magwitch

Ivan Toney certain to win it, I mean scoring 25 goals for such a massive club like Peterborough with all those star names speaks for itself.
L Barry Fry will be all over it clamouring for his £10 million transfer fee, which no-one has offered yet.

Free agent I believe next summer.

As for league one player of the season we have a number of candidates Walsh, Dabo, Rose, Hyam, Marosi, McFadzean.

Users who are viewing this thread