League One or League Two (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

Now some might think I'm being controversial, but is there any point getting into League One at the moment?

Standard of football isnt much different.

So this year we are playing teams like Nottts County and Luton, Crawley and Swindon

In League One we would be playing Northampton, Southend and Rochdale.

Its not much different.

Until we are ready to be in the Championship, playing Villa, Blues, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Baggies and Wolves then its not really and point moving

ConnorDevine

That's not how it works, you simply wont attract a championship squad in league 1 let alone league 2. if league 1 is that bad then this is the perfect time to do back to back promotions

Otis

Now some might think I'm being controversial, but is there any point getting into League One at the moment?

So this year we are playing teams like Nottts County and Luton, Crawley and Swindon

Its not much different.

Until we are ready to be in the Championship, playing Villa, Blues, Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest, Baggies and Wolves then its not really and point moving
We could be playing Birmingham and Sunderland too couldn't we.

Also I am pretty sure we can't get to the Championship without playing through a season in League One first I'm afraid.

I'm sure if the FL snuck us through other clubs would notice.

Mucca Mad Boys

In case you didn’t realise mate, you have to get promoted to League 1 to get into the Championship...

... what a strange thread

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Gibbo

I thought League 1 standard surprisingly good, but there is an awful lot of dross (particularly goal keepers) in League 2. Full backs just don't close down - ours included. You see goals that should never happen - Clarke-Harris at Crewe and Vincenti last Saturday to name two recent ones. Coaches must be tearing their hair out.

steve cooper

Also I am pretty sure we can't get to the Championship without playing through a season in League One first I'm afraid.

Could you imagine Sunderland's reaction?

fernandopartridge

Christ, that's some bizarre logic!

Also in League 1 next year you've got Sunderland, possibly Birmingham City, even Sheffield Wednesday aren't safe.

Otis

Christ, that's some bizarre logic!

Also in League 1 next year you've got Sunderland, possibly Birmingham City, even Sheffield Wednesday aren't safe.
Yeah, but then of course on the flipside, if we stay in League Two we might end up playing the mighty Dover, Fylde and Boreham Wood.

SkyBlueSoul

Yeah, but then of course on the flipside, if we stay in League Two we might end up playing the mighty Dover, Fylde and Boreham Wood.
If we stay here for a couple more seasons we could be playing Salford City at the rate they're going and I'll be able to walk to the away game. Not sure it'd be worth it though :emoji_thinking:

hill83

Its not much different.

giphy.gif

Johhny Blue

Sunderland would for sure

Gazolba

The big advantage that L1 has over L2 is that if you get relegated, you are still in the Football League.
So, all in all, I'd rather be in L1 than L2.
There is a one league cushion to oblivion.

bawtryneal

Its not much different.

You stupid boy.

pastythegreat

Its not much different.

What a strange little thread this is!

Personally I think the difference in standard between L1 and L2 quite a big difference tbf.

Covstu

Its not much different.

So you picked 3 top league two and three low placed league on to suit your argument, well done. Forgot about Blackburn, Wigan, Shrewsbury who are tearing the league apart. Remember sheff Utd ( as much as it pains me) when we went down?

Is there a secret way of jumping past league one that we all don’t know about? I seemed to remember it was something like this on the controller:
Triangle, triangle, square, square, cross, circle, cross

Londonccfcfan

Its not much different.

Thats not controversial, just Plain stupId.

Londonccfcfan

What a strange little thread this is!

Personally I think the difference in standard between L1 and L2 quite a big difference tbf.
Anyonè who saw the MK Dons game would tell you there is a difference, MK did look to have more pace ans looked quit slick. We took advantage of a team struggling whikst we wanted it that bit more.

Definately is a gulf in standard, but looking at teams tgat got promoted last year, they arnt doing too bad.
Plymouth and Portsmouth, and even blackpool.

stevefloyd

What a great idea stay in league 2 with lower crowds then we only need a smaller ground forward thinking definitely goes on in that mental institution

clint van damme

Anyonè who saw the MK Dons game would tell you there is a difference, MK did look to have more pace ans looked quit slick. We took advantage of a team struggling whikst we wanted it that bit more.

Definately is a gulf in standard, but looking at teams tgat got promoted last year, they arnt doing too bad.
Plymouth and Portsmouth, and even blackpool.

for me the big difference s in the final 3rd. I have been surprised by the gulf in class to be honest.

Esoterica

Even aside from any on the pitch impact, we need the promotion to start clawing the fanbase back again. A soul crushing defeat in the playoffs will see another swathe of fans jack it in, or downgrade from ST to match packages to cherry picking games. I know it doesn't happen very often that teams go staight back up but promotion has to happen this season or the next for me.

Users who are viewing this thread